Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:21:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 562109 times)
ajackson
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: 0.17

« on: March 17, 2014, 12:52:09 AM »

I have a general mish mash of positions that could be summarized as "vaguely libertarian, centrist Republican".

On social issues; I adhere to the theory that liberty should be maximized such that we are free to administrate our lives in any manner we wish so long as the equal rights of others are not violated in any manner by our actions. I'm far from a radical Liberatrian, but I am pro-drug legalization and anti-surveillance state. I am generally opposed to social engineering and "progressive" regulations such as smoking and school prayer bans.

On economics; For starters, I want to abolish the federal reserve and the private central banking system in favor of a truly federal central bank that issues debt-free currency and that is backed  by either gold and silver or a bundle of several commodities which includes gold and silver.

Beyond that;
  • I want to replace as much welfare spending as possible with direct cash payments in the form of refundable tax credits.
  • I am opposed to Obamacare, but my plan involves replacing the entire bill with the public option - a government run insurance company that offers below market rates, forcing downward pressure on prices in the private sector - I oppose the personal mandate.
  • I am not opposed to a progressive tax system, but do believe rates should be flatter. I want the child and EITC credit expanded (in accordance with the first bullet), and fewer brackets (I like some of the proposals for two brackets). I support abolishing the corporate tax.

These would the issues I'm most focused on at the moment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies