Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:40:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 557926 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« on: October 25, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »

Social:

Abortion: Illegal with exception for mother's life
Assisted Suicide: Opposed
Death Penalty: Opposed
War on Drugs: Opposed
Gun Control: Opposed
PATRIOT Act: Opposed
Illegal Immigration: End benefits to illegals

Economic:

Monetary: Gold Standard, End the Fed
Taxes: Repeal 16th Amendment, replace with low tariffs
Spending: Drastically cut
Regulations: Deregulate
Healthcare: Privatize
Corporations: End subsidies

Foreign Policy:

Afghanistan: Pull out immediately
Iraq: Never go back
Israel/Palestine: End US support of Israel
Iran: End sanctions
Saudi Arabia: End Alliance
Russia: Develop peaceful relations
Foreign Aid: End it
UN: Leave
NATO: Leave
Military Spending: Cut by at least 50%
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 01:34:11 AM »

Social:

Abortion: Illegal with exception for mother's life
Assisted Suicide: Opposed
Death Penalty: Opposed
War on Drugs: Opposed
Gun Control: Opposed
PATRIOT Act: Opposed
Illegal Immigration: End benefits to illegals

Economic:

Monetary: Gold Standard, End the Fed
Taxes: Repeal 16th Amendment, replace with low tariffs
Spending: Drastically cut
Regulations: Deregulate
Healthcare: Privatize
Corporations: End subsidies

Foreign Policy:

Afghanistan: Pull out immediately
Iraq: Never go back
Israel/Palestine: End US support of Israel
Iran: End sanctions
Saudi Arabia: End Alliance
Russia: Develop peaceful relations
Foreign Aid: End it
UN: Leave
NATO: Leave
Military Spending: Cut by at least 50%

My views are definitely not the same as they were back in 2014.

Social:

Life: Abortion and assisted suicide should be illegal at the national level.  There should be an exception in the case that an abortion is truly necessary to save a mother's life.  There should be some form of legal punishment for abortion.

Death Penalty: I'm against it, though I don't put it in the same category as abortion and assisted suicide.

War on Drugs: Legalize weed, but keep the really dangerous drugs illegal.

Marriage: Oppose any attempts to legalize polygamous or polyandrous marriages if that becomes a political issue in the future.  Continue to allow churches, synagogues, mosques, and other religious institutions to decide if they want to perform same-sex marriages or not.

Prostitution: Should be illegal.

Gun control: I'm opposed to gun control.

PATRIOT Act: Still opposed, horrible law.

Immigration: Immigration laws should be enforced.  Building a massive border wall is not worth the money, however.  The US should continue to take in legal immigrants.  If I was in Europe, I would be much more restrictionist in my views on immigration.  I also reject the "demographics is destiny" crowd.

Affirmative Action: Race-based affirmative action is wrong, but socioeconomic affirmative action is fine.

Reparations: My ancestors were abolitionists, but even if they were slave-owners, it wouldn't matter.  People who never owned slaves shouldn't have to pay reparations to people who never were slaves.

Policing: Some sort of police reform is necessary, but I honestly have no idea exactly what is needed.

Economic:

Monetary: I'm not 100% sure that ending the Fed is a good idea at this moment, but we should definitely look into it.  The Gold Standard or Free Silver should also be on the table.

Taxes: The rich don't need any more tax cuts.

Spending: Cut government spending within reason.

Healthcare: Some sort of reform is necessary.  I don't want the government to control healthcare, however.

Regulation: Deregulation is probably necessary in some sectors of the economy.  Other sectors probably need more regulation and oversight, such as fracking.

Corporations: They have way too much power.  Repeal Citizen's United.  Raise corporate taxes.

Foreign Policy:

Middle East: The US needs to drastically scale back its involvement.  I oppose any intervention in Syria as of now.  If an ISIS-like group began taking over large parts of the country again, then intervention should be a consideration.  The US needs to stop trying to spread democracy in the region.  Let people like Hussein, Assad, and Qaddafi stay in power, even if they aren't great leaders.  Continue to support Israel, but phase out aid to the country.  Israel should stop building new settlements on the West Bank.  Iran should not be trusted, though I oppose military intervention against the country.  The alliance with Saudi Arabia should be ended.

Russia: America is not at war with Russia, and that's a good thing.  The Cold War is over, and speaking of that...

NATO: Has outlived its usefulness.

Defense Spending: Should be cut.

Foreign military bases: We should close some of them.  There's no reason to have a military presence in Germany in 2020.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies