Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:10:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 560306 times)
ElectionLover
Rookie

« on: June 27, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »

Me on the issues....

Social Issues

Gay Marriage: Support. I see no reasonable argument against this.

Abortion: Oppose.

Drugs: Illegal drugs should be KEPT illegal. We should NOT END the War on Drugs,  but I think we should cut a LITTLE spending of the war.

Death Penalty: Let the states decide.

Guns: I strongly support the right to bear arms. No gun control!

Affirmative Active: STRONGLY oppose. It is unfair.

Prostitution: Keep it ILLEGAL NATIONALLY, but states can allow it if they want to.

Hate Crime Laws: Oppose.

Immigration: We should still secure our borders, but not spend so much on it.

Patriot Act: Keep it.

Assisted suicide: No! Are you guys crazy?! You guys act like this is a normal thing to support! Physicians should help people change their minds about suicide when their depressed!  Maybe in a few scenarios it's OK, but it should be EXTREMELY RARE.

Censorship: No!

Organ donation: Personal choice.

Now you sort of get my social policy, MOSTLY Conservative with A LITTLE Liberal mixed in.

Foreign Policy

War: Don't force us in one, but when it is necessary, we have to fight! Non-interventionism has NEVER WORKED in history!

Draft: No.

Military budget (this could also fit in the economic issues as well): Don't cut it too much, but a little cut in spending is OK. A weak military would be devastating!

Iraq: Shouldn't have gotten into it in the first place.

Afghanistan War: It was the right thing to do, but we should bring our troops home, it's been WAY too long.

Cuba Embargo: No.

So now you sort of get my foreign policy, no non-interventionism, but do not be too much of a war-monger. Fight when necessary. No more Cuban trade embargo!

Economic Issues

Minimum Wage: Do NOT raise the minimum wage. Unemployment would rise drastically. Businesses couldn't afford to pay their workers. Prices on products will rise! More companies will outsource jobs because of this! We should not lower or end the minimum wage either, keep it at the same level.

Right-to-work: Support.

Deregulation: Support. More government control is never the answer in economics. Do not over-deregulate though.

Taxes: Lower them as much as possible, for both the poor, middle class, and rich. Don't abolish the income tax.

Environment: More government regulation on the environment destroys business freedom. Encourage businesses to be more environmentally-friendly, do not force them!

Welfare: People who are on welfare should be required to work, unless they have any disabilities.

Trade: Free trade over fair trade.

You sort of get my economic policy now, I'm a hard-core conservative when it comes to economic issues.

So, how do you guys think of my political stances?

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies