Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:58:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 559857 times)
patd25

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -3.65

P P
« on: April 07, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »

Social Issues

LGBT Rights: I believe that though the states should be allowed to separately decide marriage laws, they should not have the right to prevent equal protection under hate crimes, employment discrimination and adoption rights.

Abortion: I'm a bit neutral on abortion. I don't think states like Arkansas and North Dakota should go through with such strict laws and women should have a right to their bodies, but I also feel that abortion should only take place when the mother's life is in danger.

The Drug War: This war has gotten too expensive and needs to be ended. While hard drugs like heroin, cocaine, and LSD should still be illegal. Marijuana should be allowed to be smoked in a person's property or in shops that allow it.

Death Penalty: Life sentence is completely rational, but sometimes, the most heinous crimes need to punished with death. However, this should only happen once every ounce of evidence has been completely proven so that innocent people do not get killed.

To be continued...

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies