Summary of political beliefs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:54:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Summary of political beliefs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Summary of political beliefs  (Read 556512 times)
Wyoming Conservative
Rookie
Bahamas
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:31:31 PM »
« edited: January 03, 2013, 09:25:56 PM by Jerry Springer »

Social Policy

Abortion:Pro-Life,Illegal except in the life of the mother(you get the picture).

Gay Rights:Should be none of the governments damn business.

Affirmative Action:Should be banded. Racism with a smile on its face.

Death Penalty:Support. But im not 100% on this issue.

Drugs:I support legalizing Marijuana. But not other hard drugs. End the drug war as it costs to much money.

Gambling:Completely legal.

Economic Policy

Taxes:Massive cuts to Business taxes and massive across the board tax cuts. Reform to a flat tax system.

Healthcare:I oppose Obamacare. If the government forces you to buy healthcare whats stoping them from forcing you to buy say tooth paste?. Its a slippery slope. Support tort reform and other measures to lower the cost of healthcare, oppose Socialized medicine and other government involvement.

Social Security:Part of it should be privatized. If someone wants to opt out of the system so be it.

Education:School vouchers would be a good start. Raise teachers pay but cut of funding for failing public schools.

Welfare:There should be a safety net to help the poor. However welfare is extremely unproductive and has gone to far. Maybe something like a negative income tax were everyone was guaranteed to a home and the market could flourish without regulation?. Im in favor of Milton Friedman's negative income proposals along with massive privatization of government sectors. Abolish welfare and replace with a Negative Income tax. Basically i'm like Milton Friedman or Jack Kemp a extreme free marketer yet someone who believes in helping the poor: through market means.

Medicare:Turn into a voucher program.

Spending:Large spending cuts to pay back the debt specifically entitlements along with military cuts. Trim down the number of government employees.

Foreign Policy

Foreign Aid:Cut back all foreign aid. We have enough problems at home to deal with don't we?.

Afghanistan:Its time to leave.

Iraq:Should have never happened in the first place.

UN:Scale back our current involvement.

Wyoming Conservative
Rookie
Bahamas
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:53:47 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2013, 11:03:43 PM by Wyoming Conservative »

My new list.

Social
Overall:Libertarian Conservative
Abortion:Im Pro-Life abortion should be Illegal in all cases period.
Drugs:Legalize marijuana.
Death Penalty:Strongly Support,expand use of the death penalty and clear out death row.
Gay Rights:I favor gay marriage at the state level.

Economic
Overall:Right-Wing Conservative
Taxes:I support a simple 10percent flat tax rate and massive across the board tax cuts.
Social Security:Reform,raise retirement age,privatize.
Healthcare:I strongly oppose UHC,Socialized medicine,Obamacare. Break up healthcare monopolies and ge the government completely out of healthcare reverting the system to a true free market.
Free Trade:Oppose, support Fair Trade over Free Trade.
Immigration:Secure the borders and strongly oppose amnesty and the dream act.
Campaign Finance Reform:Oppose
Environment:Economy comes before environment period. I support expanding drilling and drilling in the alaska. Also approve the keystone pipeline now and drill more.
Education:Completely privatize all public schools. Cut of all funding and support school vouchers for all. Public schools have failed.

Foreign Policy
Overall:Isolationist
Iraq War:Illegal war, strongly oppose.
Foreign Aid:Cut all foreign aid period. We have enough problems at home the troubles of other countries should not be a problem for use.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies