Summary of political beliefs

<< < (2/313) > >>

Jake:
Hmm, good question

Socially, I'd describe my self as very conservative.  I oppose the legalization of hard drugs, though I could support marijuana legalization if the government controlled the sale of it, and if exorbitant taxes were put on it.  On abortion, I oppose all abortion, for any reason.  If a mother would hold her own life as more important than the child's she deserves to die.  I also support ex post facto death penalty for abortionists.  I support civil unions for all couples, and I believe that they should receive all benefits of marriage except adoption rights.  No child should have to have two gay parents.  On the death penalty, I support tougher standards for evidence. Scott Peterson should not be put on death row based on circumstancial evidence, neither should anyone else.  I do favor the introduction of more painful ways of death.  The present system of poisoning them while they are asleep is pitiful.  Babies are slaughtered by riping pieces of their bodies off, so should those on death row.

Economically, I favor massive reforms in the education system.  I'd give schools the right to permenantly expel repeatedly misbehaving children from the public school system. I also support vouchers for every student.  Vouchers bring competition to education, and competition is always the best way to make things better.  I favor privitisation of all federal and state owned services.  Amtrak, power systems, public transportation.  Once again competition makes things better. On social security, I favor eliminating the system all together.  Eliminate payroll taxes, and let people do whatever they want with the money they get back.  The poor already have welfare.  I favor a reducation in taxes for those making under 250,000 a year back to a maximum of 25%.  I still am undecided as to a flat tax.  For those making over 250,000, their rate will rise to 40%.  All capital gains taxes will be eliminated to make up for the income tax raise.

Foreign policy wise, I'm a hawk.  I believe in the complete independence of our military from international obligations.  I favor a strong military policy that shows the world that America is ready and willing to engage terrorists, rogue states, and those that threaten our allies.  I favor responding to any North Korea attack my immediately nuking the North Korean infrastructure, cities, towns, supply dumps, ports, etc.  

WalterMitty:
social issues:  fairly liberal.  support legal abortions, support gay marriage, support affirmative action, support gun control, oppose the death penalty.

economics:  i support the free market and free trade.  period. 

foreign policy:  fairly hawkish.  pro-israel.

A18:
Quote from: WalterMitty on March 23, 2005, 05:37:11 PM

Then why were you complaining about a flat tax about a week ago?

WalterMitty:
Quote from: A18 on March 23, 2005, 05:38:37 PM

Quote from: WalterMitty on March 23, 2005, 05:37:11 PM

Then why were you complaining about a flat tax about a week ago?

the flat tax and flat tax proponents go out of their way to be cruel to those less fortunate.

the system is cruel enough as it is, not that i lose any sleep over poor people (and im not going to pretend otherwise), but no use rubbing salt in the wounds.

A18:
It's about fairness. If everyone has a stake in lower taxes, the free market benefits. No 'tax the rich' schemes.

Anyway, that plan actually exempted a generous amount of money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page