Topinka moves towards the IL Governor's race

<< < (2/3) > >>

ian:
Quote from: nini2287 on March 23, 2005, 12:36:24 AM

I know this is a GOP poll, but it's sad that in a Democratic leaning state like Illinois, where the Republicans have had a ton of problems lately, Blageovich is only leading by 3 points.

This could be a ridiculous upset, especially from a guy whose record is as positive as Blagojevich's is!

muon2:

I know this is a GOP poll, but it's sad that in a Democratic leaning state like Illinois, where the Republicans have had a ton of problems lately, Blageovich is only leading by 3 points.

The Governor here has had his share of political problems. His absentee fighting with the legislature is starting to hurt more than help. His high-profile feuding with his family, and exposure of the very fund-raising practices he decries is also taking a small toll. Then there's his budget, which took a big swipe at the state employees union pensions who were a backbone of support.

The race still favors Blagoyevich against an unknown opponent, but he continues to try to pose in the media. At the same time real improvement in state government fails to happen and the public is starting to see through the posturing.

Alcon:

Well, the point is he is probably leading by more. This could very well be a push poll.

BobOMac2k2:
Shes whats wrong with the Republican party in Illinois, I think they would have a better chance if they went with someone else.

muon2:
Quote from: BobOMac2k2 on March 30, 2005, 12:26:53 AM

Shes whats wrong with the Republican party in Illinois, I think they would have a better chance if they went with someone else.

Will there's a pretty large field scouting out their options at this point. I don't think any of them can be called a clear front-runner yet. Strength downstate will probably be an important factor for any candidate to be successful in both the primary and general election.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page