Topinka moves towards the IL Governor's race

<< < (3/3)

BobOMac2k2:
I'm starting to doubt Rod's ability to win the primary. Which is going to be sad for the Democratice party if he loses.

muon2:
Quote from: BobOMac2k2 on April 10, 2005, 05:26:48 PM

I'm starting to doubt Rod's ability to win the primary. Which is going to be sad for the Democratice party if he loses.

I don't think the Governor will face a primary unless he does something way out of line to other factions in Chicago. I just spent three days in Springfield and I heard no thoughts about a challenge from Democrats.

OTOH, the friction among the Chicago Democrats in Springfield leaves Republicans with some glimmer of hope. A race that was 95% for the incumbent six months ago, was characterized as 70-30 in the Gov's favor. That's still big odds to overcome.

Q:
I heard from a reputable source that Comptroller Dan Hynes was thinking of a primary challenge to Rod.  This was some months ago, though.  Any ideas on whether this could happen?

muon2:
Quote from: Q on April 15, 2005, 03:01:47 PM

I heard from a reputable source that Comptroller Dan Hynes was thinking of a primary challenge to Rod.  This was some months ago, though.  Any ideas on whether this could happen?

I doubt it. Barring something now unforeseen, Blagojevich has too much money to risk challenging, especially in the primary. Of course the unforeseen can happen.

For those following the details, at a funeral in his home area this week, Both the Governor and his father-in-law Ald. Mell sent beautiful flower arrangements. They were placed about as far apart from each other as possible.

BobOMac2k2:
Most democrats will support anyone but Rod...

Also I believe Dan said that Rod wasn't good at governing, sounds like an interest in running to me.

Also Oberwies has announced his candidacy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page