parody the preceding atlasian's postings.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:58:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  parody the preceding atlasian's postings.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32
Author Topic: parody the preceding atlasian's postings.  (Read 66383 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2014, 08:36:41 PM »

X: guys seriously stop making jokes about the Holocaust it's not cool

PS be sure to vote in my Concentration Camps survivor, we need someone to break the tie between Auschwitz and Dachau!

This is parody the preceeding poster.  Not "act like an asshole and repeat bs Oakvale said on mibbit that has no basis in reality."

Also learn to read, I said SKIP.

I'm not repeating anything said by anyone else. Mostly I just think "Nuremburg Trial Defendants Survivor" is an incredibly tasteless concept.

also you were the last one who didn't say skip Tongue

but for real, this is a thread where people are supposed to parody you. If you can't take the heat you don't have to post here. FWIW I didn't mean anything personal by it

(skip)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2014, 08:43:12 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2014, 09:22:26 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Something something Tony Blairish
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2014, 09:02:09 PM »

PS be sure to vote in my Concentration Camps survivor, we need someone to break the tie between Auschwitz and Dachau!

This is parody the preceeding poster.  Not "act like an asshole and repeat bs Oakvale said on mibbit that has no basis in reality."

I'm not repeating anything said by anyone else. Mostly I just think "Nuremburg Trial Defendants Survivor" is an incredibly tasteless concept.

also you were the last one who didn't say skip Tongue

but for real, this is a thread where people are supposed to parody you. If you can't take the heat you don't have to post here. FWIW I didn't mean anything personal by it

(skip)

Sorry, I was up until 3:00 AM last night writing papers and over-reacted a bit (and was too tired to remember that I had just posted in the thread Tongue ).  Skip
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2014, 09:21:12 PM »

Lol
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2014, 01:17:13 AM »

This is parody the preceeding poster.  Not "act like an asshole and repeat bs Oakvale said on mibbit that has no basis in reality."

SKIP

Come on X, surely you can see the weird disconnect of reacting on a hair-trigger every time anyone mentions anything related to the Nazis/Holocaust etc. and at the same time running a Nuremberg defendants survivor game, in which people vote for their favourite Nazi war criminal.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
« Edited: February 28, 2014, 10:42:43 AM by Senator Malcolm X »

This is parody the preceeding poster.  Not "act like an asshole and repeat bs Oakvale said on mibbit that has no basis in reality."

SKIP

Come on X, surely you can see the weird disconnect of reacting on a hair-trigger every time anyone mentions anything related to the Nazis/Holocaust etc. and at the same time running a Nuremberg defendants survivor game, in which people vote for their favourite Nazi war criminal.

I highly doubt anyone uses "favorite" as criteria when voting in that survivor.  "Most interesting" or something like that seems like a more likely criteria.  Also, I don't react hair-trigger every time anyone mentions anything about Nazis/the Holocaust.  I don't really know where you even get that from.  On mibbit, I've asked Hash not to do it because for a while he was comparing all sorts of trivial nonsense to Hitler non-stop just about every time I was on mibbit.  I may have asked you once or twice not to make trivial comparisons once or twice (though I don't remember doing so) and I ripped some poster a new one once because he kept comparing Jon Husted to Hitler/the Gestapo.  Beyond that, I don't see where you this from.  I'm sorry if it bothers you that I kept asking Hash not to constantly compare anything that annoyed him to Hitler, but there was a period where it got to be too much.  I'm not saying it is deliberate (I'm inclined to say it isn't, in fact), but I really don't think you and the IRC establishment are giving a very accurate account of this at all (then there's the issue of violating your own rules about not talking about IRC stuff in the forum).  Bacon King's post was a bit over-the-top, although I did over-react to it.  It feels like you guys made a meme out of this situation and that the meme is now being revised in a way that unfairly makes me look like a hypocrite on this stuff even though I never have been.  I see a disconnect between my actions in your/the IRC establishment's meme about this subject.  However, I don't see any disconnect between my actual actions/statements on the matter.  If anything, I've been open-minded about hearing your perspective on the subject and willing to engage in serious discussion about it on those occasions where you don't try to play the meme game.

SKIP
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »

I'm a Laborite and a leftist but come on, full nationalization of property goes too far!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »

DELETE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2014, 01:08:07 PM »

I would dress in a tutu if Santorum won Colorado.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »

Godd Bless America
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2014, 01:50:34 PM »

I would dress in a tutu if Santorum won Colorado.

lolwut

-skip-
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2014, 01:41:55 PM »

BRTD...
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2014, 01:43:26 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2014, 01:47:20 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Schatz is too socially liberal for me and I really do think Hanabusa seems legit. In genral I prefer Democrats who are (or seem) more populist whereas ones who focus on progressive 'social issues' are just another species of DINO. Bushie needs to have a spiritual awakening that brings his understanding of salvation closer to that of Catholicism, stat.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2014, 01:48:03 PM »

The only thing late teanagers should do is stare at the wall. And never, ever farp
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2014, 01:48:50 PM »

Through analyzing Genji Monogatori (源氏物語) using Wittgenstein's Law of Identity I have uncovered some relatively interesting 'facts' about the role of discourse in Japanese culture. Not that I privilege facts of course.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2014, 02:23:18 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2014, 02:27:42 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

It should be remembered that it's of course a for the most part useless exercise to interpret colonialism or New Imperialism through a conventional left-right spectrum, as a proper application of Nietzsche's analysis in Beyond Good and Evil should demonstrate.

[It should also be remembered that I confess to actually having a pretty poor understanding of Wittgenstein. Now that you mention it I think it would probably be more fruitful to apply most versions of the Law of Identity to the Pillow Book of Sei Shōnagon than to anything else from that period. And addressing this at all is pretty much self-parody anyway, isn't it?]
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2014, 05:11:54 PM »

I can't miss this one Cheesy Sorry Nathan.

It's not so much about the art of parody per se (and I've been meaning to post an essay I've written on the subject) but how one communicates a hyper-realistic approximation of the previous poster. Of course the usual cultural relativistic caveats apply (I've been meaning to provide a link to that) and probably the best approximation of how to render parody when making posts is to review various texts by theologians such as x (name to go here; make the f-ckers Google for it ) But really I'm very uncomfortable with the whole idea and in simple terms I'll really need to think about it.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2014, 05:31:49 PM »

SKIP

Through analyzing Genji Monogatori (源氏物語) using Wittgenstein's Law of Identity I have uncovered some relatively interesting 'facts' about the role of discourse in Japanese culture. Not that I privilege facts of course.

Excellent Enderman parody. Wink
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2014, 06:02:23 PM »

Parody threads are neither great nor awful (normal, pragmatist).
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2014, 06:04:19 PM »

Conservatives are the worst!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2014, 06:44:55 PM »

Mary Landrieu might just win!!! FF Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »

Is there anything I can parody that he hasn't already done himself in the Ukraine thread?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2014, 06:56:20 PM »

Say no to the evils of leftism, and yes to the love, grace, and salvation offered by Dr. Ron Paul.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2014, 06:57:15 PM »

Despite my liberaltarian leanings, I, for whatever reason, am deeply in love with the late, great Theodore Roosevelt. #Yankee4Evar
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2014, 06:59:13 PM »

I'm a libertarian fascist, but highly religious! I'm staunchly conservative but I support marijuana legalization!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies