TX-Gravis Marketing: Cornyn by 15, but below 50% in GOP primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:39:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  TX-Gravis Marketing: Cornyn by 15, but below 50% in GOP primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TX-Gravis Marketing: Cornyn by 15, but below 50% in GOP primary  (Read 1034 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:05:47 AM »

43% Cornyn
28% Stockman
29% Undecided

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/02/17/texas-gop-poll-cornyn-43-leads-stockman-28-failure-to-garner-50-triggers-may-run-off
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:36:37 AM »

Ted Cruz is an evil genius. By his threatened filibuster, he put the 2nd highest guy in the Senate GOP leadership in the hot circle to do the sane thing to raise the debt ceiling and with the race all of a sudden this close (closer than KY), Cruz may have just significantly helped in the downfall of the Senate Majority Whip which could set him up for 2016. This will be the ultimate Tea Party trolol move ever if they manage to pull an upset on Cornyn with Stockman in yet another establishment to Tea Party flip. No matter who the Democrats nominate, even the rich Alameel, they won't beat any Republican even if it's another guy just as bad if not worse than Ted Cruz and could reinvigorate the faith of the declining Tea Party while creating Democratic optimism for 2020. Not to get carried away though, but Dewhurst was considered almost certain to win and did in the crowded primary only to lose in the runoff. With as many right-wing loons in this Senate primary that there is, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened all over again.

It would be nice to see a Democratic primary poll though before the March 4th primaries. Maxey Scherr is clearly the best out of the bunch and I would love to see Alameel taken down just out of spite against Wendy Davis and the amount of money he's given to Republican Senators in the past. In fact, let's just take HyeTye and put him up against Cornyn/Stockman! Tongue
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 07:06:59 AM »

Stockman has 28%?!?!

At least the primary is very soon.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 08:47:11 AM »

Wow, LOL.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 03:32:59 PM »

Ted Cruz is an evil genius. By his threatened filibuster, he put the 2nd highest guy in the Senate GOP leadership in the hot circle to do the sane thing to raise the debt ceiling and with the race all of a sudden this close (closer than KY), Cruz may have just significantly helped in the downfall of the Senate Majority Whip which could set him up for 2016. This will be the ultimate Tea Party trolol move ever if they manage to pull an upset on Cornyn with Stockman in yet another establishment to Tea Party flip. No matter who the Democrats nominate, even the rich Alameel, they won't beat any Republican even if it's another guy just as bad if not worse than Ted Cruz and could reinvigorate the faith of the declining Tea Party while creating Democratic optimism for 2020. Not to get carried away though, but Dewhurst was considered almost certain to win and did in the crowded primary only to lose in the runoff. With as many right-wing loons in this Senate primary that there is, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened all over again.

It would be nice to see a Democratic primary poll though before the March 4th primaries. Maxey Scherr is clearly the best out of the bunch and I would love to see Alameel taken down just out of spite against Wendy Davis and the amount of money he's given to Republican Senators in the past. In fact, let's just take HyeTye and put him up against Cornyn/Stockman! Tongue

I don't really have much love for John Cornyn, but I'm rooting for him here. I think if he goes down in this primary, because of his cloture vote for the debt ceiling, I will actually lose my mind.  We do not need another Ted Cruz in the US Senate. One is more than enough.

Stockman actually makes Ted Cruz look like a sane and moderate statesman.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »

I love my state lololol
Andrew1
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 04:13:20 PM »

In this poll Cornyn could only manage 43% in a straight fight with Stockman. There are actually eight candidates running, if all those other anti-Cornyn options had been listed, particularly Dwayne Stovall, Cornyn would likely have been slightly lower still.

This is not a healthy position for the incumbent. If the undecideds break against him, it's probable he will have to face a runoff.

However if Cornyn is only just below the 50% mark and Stockman is well behind in the No. 2 spot, it's hard to see Stockman winning the runoff.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies