ME-Gov: Normington Petts and Associates (Michaud internal) - Michaud leads by 4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:21:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  ME-Gov: Normington Petts and Associates (Michaud internal) - Michaud leads by 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-Gov: Normington Petts and Associates (Michaud internal) - Michaud leads by 4  (Read 775 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »

According to a Democratic pollster funded by the Michaud campaign, U.S. Congressman Mike Michaud, a Democrat from Maine's 2nd District, leads Republican Governor Paul LePage 39% to 35% with 9% undecided. This includes leaners. Out of 800 likely Maine voters sampled, 34% identify as Independents, 34% identify as Democrats, and 32% identify as Republicans. 50% of those polled were women and 50% of men with 61% of polled voters between the ages of 18 and 59. It has a +/- 3.5% margin of error, was conducted between March 3rd-March 6th, 2014 and notably undersampled Michaud's CD2 which is more conservative.

Other things on the survey note that 96% of those polled are likely to vote in November. A plurality of voters also say Michaud has the experience to be Governor, cares about people like them, understands the problems of the middle class, understands how state government works, and by a 69-15 margin, think that Michaud stands a better chance than Cutler to beat LePage. I also highly recommend looking at the trend line graph at the bottom because it shows while LePage is continuing to poll in the mid-30s, Michaud is notably increasing his lead over LePage since August while Cutler's supporters are going down to back the popular Michaud.

Since this is an internal though, I still would put this race as a tossup/tilt D. This is the first time its been polled in quite awhile and it's a good sign that even with Cutler in the race, Michaud is still favored and could possibly break 40%. Also, here's the article that corresponds to it.

Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »

"Michaud internal" says everything we need to know about this poll.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:42:20 PM »

Also worth noting that NPA has mainly done House polls. They were right on the money with Michaud in 2012, but pretty damn off when it came to Ribble/Sutton.

This is one of those poll skeptic posts where Oldies is right.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 12:29:16 AM »

>internal
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 01:11:41 PM »