LA-PPP: Hillary trails slightly
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:34:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  LA-PPP: Hillary trails slightly
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: LA-PPP: Hillary trails slightly  (Read 3843 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:58:39 AM »

Report.

Christie- 44%
Clinton- 43%

Jindal- 47%
Clinton- 45%

Paul- 47%
Clinton- 43%

Huckabee- 49%
Clinton- 44%

Bush- 50%
Clinton- 43%
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:19:17 PM »

Looks like Bush has officially replaced Christie as the Most Electable Republican.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 08:29:47 PM »

Looks like Bush has officially replaced Christie as the Most Electable Republican.

Depends on the state and the poll.  In the last couple of national polls, for example, Ryan does the best in GE matchups with Clinton:

link
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 08:34:18 PM »

What's scary is that this poll makes Huckabee look electable.  I know it's Louisiana, but come on.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »

No longer Clinton country.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 08:44:45 PM »

What's scary is that this poll makes Huckabee look electable.  I know it's Louisiana, but come on.

Huckabee probably is quite electable, provided it has been long enough that Akin is forgotten. He would basically be a third term of George W. Bush policy wise.  Huckabee is the more normal Santorum if the GOP wants to tack populist.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 08:45:45 PM »

25% of Dems back Huckabee over Clinton in 2016, in this poll.  I wonder what that number would be in, say, West Virginia (or Arkansas?).
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 08:51:13 PM »

Huckabee probably is quite electable, provided it has been long enough that Akin is forgotten. He would basically be a third term of George W. Bush policy wise.  Huckabee is the more normal Santorum if the GOP wants to tack populist.

Even without Akin in the picture, social conservatism is still a dying brand.  By 2016, it will be near-impossible for Huckabee to say something that doesn't offend women or scare off young voters.  But I agree, he'd be a better candidate for the socons to run than Santorum.

25% of Dems back Huckabee over Clinton in 2016, in this poll.  I wonder what that number would be in, say, West Virginia (or Arkansas?).

Now that isn't good.  Are these the kind of Democrats that will come home as the election nears?
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 09:06:05 PM »

A lot of those "dems" in the South identify and are registered as Democrats, but haven't voted for Democratic candidates for decades due to the years of Democratic dominance for the region. For example, Oklahoma still has more than 31,000 more registered Democrats than Republicans, yet it's one of the reddest states in the nation, so I wouldn't read too much into that 25% of dems supporting Huckabee.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »

A lot of those "dems" in the South identify and are registered as Democrats, but haven't voted for Democratic candidates for decades due to the years of Democratic dominance for the region.

Yes, of course I know that.  That was my point exactly, that there are many "Democrats" in places like Louisiana who'd vote for Huckabee in a GE over Clinton, and I'm imagining that it's even higher somewhere like WV.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 11:14:18 AM »

Winning by ONLY 5 points in Louisiana isn't very impressive for a Republican. Even Bush's margin leaves a lot to be desired.
DS0816
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 02:29:33 PM »

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is done.

Running any polling numbers for him is a waste of money and time.

The region of Arkansas, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Kentucky carried for all nine presidential winners of Election 1972 to 2004. Then they became really out of touch by sticking themselves far up the xxxxs of the incompetent losing Republican tickets of John McCain/Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan. It may as well be the late-1800s in those four states. West Virginia is to be dismissed as well. So the only thing interesting about this, from Louisiana, is the Democratic shift (compared to 2012).
hopper
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 07:08:38 PM »

What's scary is that this poll makes Huckabee look electable.  I know it's Louisiana, but come on.

Winning by ONLY 5 points in Louisiana isn't very impressive for a Republican. Even Bush's margin leaves a lot to be desired.
Well Obama is a bad fit for Louisiana to start off with but Bill Clinton won Louisiana both times(1992 and 1996) because he was a Southern Democrat. Kerry did ok for a Northerner in Louisiana in 2004 and the state was competitive in 2000.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 01:58:23 AM »

I hope Hillary runs a "50 state campaign"
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 04:08:42 AM »

Me too. That's the only way she can get a resounding victory. I hope she'll be campaigning in Republican state for much of her campaign - maybe swich to battleground states in the last month only.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 04:37:12 PM »

I hope so too
JRP1994

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 05:12:40 PM »

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 01:33:42 AM »

Yes, thank you. JFK won his resounding victory with the same strategy.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »

Yes, thank you. JFK won his resounding victory with the same strategy.

"Resounding."
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 09:18:02 AM »

Lol. Tongue I was thinking the same. Smiley
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 02:19:36 PM »

If you're only seven in Louisana almost two years out... While I don't believe we can put Louisiana in play, I think it's finally time to put Missouri and Arkansas on the table (Hillary only- and in Arkansas's case Huckabee cannot be the GOP nominee)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »

A lot of those "dems" in the South identify and are registered as Democrats, but haven't voted for Democratic candidates for decades due to the years of Democratic dominance for the region.

Yes, of course I know that.  That was my point exactly, that there are many "Democrats" in places like Louisiana who'd vote for Huckabee in a GE over Clinton, and I'm imagining that it's even higher somewhere like WV.

Louisiana and West Virginia probably have pretty similar Voter ID by registration.  However, Clinton is going to play a lot better in WV than Obama for pretty obvious reasons.  Clinton + Edwards got 74% of the vote in the 2008 WV primary when Obama was already the presumptive nominee. 

Kind of gives you an idea of what West Virginians thought of Barry. 
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 03:00:59 PM »

Yes. Contrary to your Celtic mythology, that is in fact a real word.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 03:08:30 PM »

I know it's a word, but I don't see how it applies.  Johnson 64 was resounding, Nixon 72 was resounding, Reagan 84 was resounding, but Kennedy '60 was pretty close.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 03:14:47 PM »

I know it's a word, but I don't see how it applies.  Johnson 64 was resounding, Nixon 72 was resounding, Reagan 84 was resounding, but Kennedy '60 was pretty close.

*shrug* I was mostly teasing the libertarian Californian with that post anyway, for his snarky response to me. I wouldn't get too hung up on this one word choice. Wink

Consequently this discussion makes me want to watch the election night episode from season 1 of Mad Men.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies