Mark Pryor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 03:04:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mark Pryor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Mark Pryor  (Read 6580 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 04:08:44 AM »

Hey, you may not like it, but it worked for Blanche Lincoln. Oh wait.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2014, 06:37:21 AM »

It's strange because he supports the Arkansas proposal to increase minimum wage.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2014, 06:41:32 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think I understand his moderate hero strategy, maybe he will be lucky.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 08:32:04 PM »

It's blatantly obvious that Pryor only cares about his re-election bid and making his first priorities to Arkansas and his religion rather than doing his actual job as a registered, national Democratic politician. In case he forgot the memo, he's a UNITED States Senator, not a State Senator. I even went as far as to like Representative Tom Cotton's FB page. He's become so selfish and so ignorant on the issues that although the Green candidate will be my first preference, I'm pulling for Cotton among the two mainstream parties. He at least has an excuse for his positions as a Republican. Pryor doesn't and I really hope the DCCC and the DSCC don't help him out at all. He deserves to lose and I would rather we help out Grimes, Nunn, Udall, Shaheen, Hagan and other more deserving Democrats then to waste even a penny on Blanche V2. If we can't count on him to fight for young workers like us in raising the national minimum wage, then I have nothing left to say but Pryor, do everyone a favor and just resign and go back to Arkansas where you came from. He might as well register as a Republican to if he's going to be a homophobe who could careless about the Sandy Hook victims. I hope Cotton wins. I really do and this is most likely the only Senate Republican I will support this election because Pryor is an embarrassment to our party.

Also, for any Democrats on this forum still unsure about Pryor - let me destroy any credibility he has left right now by posting what he supports/opposes and has voted for and against in the past courtesy of OnTheIssues.org

- Opposes same-sex marriage
- Opposes raising the national minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, yet supports raising Arkansas's to $8.25
- Voted "NO" on comprehensive background checks
- Voted "NO" on prohibiting high-capacity magazines with more than 10 rounds
- Voted "YES" twice to ban lawsuits against gun manufacturers from gun violence
- Voted "YES" on prohibiting foreign aid that implements gun safety
- Supports Second Amendment rights and absolute right to gun ownership
- Supports adding more sanctions to Iran and therefore risk any chance of peace
- He's a Bible thumper that votes the way God wants him to before his party
- Believes separation of church and state is "secular exaggeration"
- Voted "YES" for the partial-birth abortion ban
- Voted "YES" for $86 billion of military force in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Voted "NO" multiple times on the withdrawal of both non-essential and essential U.S. troops from Iraq
- Is a support of international free trade
- Voted "YES" on prohibiting the EPA from regulating greenhouse gases
- Voted "NO" on addressing carbon dioxide emissions
- Voted "YES" on an Internet sales tax
- Voted "YES" on making English the official U.S. language
- Voted "NO" on comprehensive immigration reform (in 2007)
- Voted "YES" to reauthorize the PATRIOT Act
- Voted "YES" on the Military Commissions Act which had obstructed the right of detainee's for habeas corpus
- Voted "YES" on the confirmation of conservative John Roberts as Chief Justice
- Voted against President Obama's proposed minimum tax plan on those making over $1 million a year
- Voted against the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act which after signed, successfully amended the ACA and student loan reform

That's not everything of course, but those are some of the key highlights of his awful Senate career. He's also seen here enjoying his raccoon dinner as if it's humane to eat such a wonderful animal. He only has a 42% rating by the LCV on environmental issues and 0% by the Humane Society for animal rights.

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 08:45:16 PM »

Adam, a word of advice, I am supporting cotton, but you need pryor, and others like him if you want to win, and if you had your way and had all of the people who are like him leave and vote rep, then you would lose in most elections.  I would be less than 160 seats in the house and 30 in the senate.  You need these people, so stop dissing them and deal with them, because they help you out.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »

That's the inescapable dilemma: being squeezed on both sides, and both are contemptuous of Moderate Heroism.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2014, 09:00:43 PM »

Even Manchin supports raising the minimum wage.

I'm honestly embarrassed that we couldn't have found someone better to primary him in 2008. If I'm an AR Democrat I'm voting Green.

Wow, he wouldn't stand with the 73% of Americans who want to raise it to $10 an hour? Good riddance when he loses, then.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2014, 09:01:59 PM »

Adam, a word of advice, I am supporting cotton, but you need pryor, and others like him if you want to win, and if you had your way and had all of the people who are like him leave and vote rep, then you would lose in most elections.  I would be less than 160 seats in the house and 30 in the senate.  You need these people, so stop dissing them and deal with them, because they help you out.
I'm not the only Democrat who's against Pryor. He turned on us before we turned on him. And it's only him, to. I'm certainly not head over heels for Begich, Warner, Landrieu, Hagan, John Walsh, and a few others, but behind the Green nominees, I'll fully support these kinds of Democrats before the Republican, but Pryor has just gone to far, dude.

And we pretty much already lost this race thanks to Pryor. He's going down the exact same route that caused Blanche Lincoln to lose to Boozman in 2010 of being "independent" of the Democratic Party and now there's this poll that has Cotton +5 to prove it and there was even a recent Cotton +7. We are so much better off politically and ideologically trying to get Nunn, Grimes, Peters and Braley in the Senate before we ever give Pryor another chance. Besides, as Sawx said earlier, the loss in Arkansas could easily be offset by the Republican loss in Georgia.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2014, 09:03:27 PM »

It's blatantly obvious that Pryor only cares about his re-election bid and making his first priorities to Arkansas and his religion rather than doing his actual job as a registered, national Democratic politician. In case he forgot the memo, he's a UNITED States Senator, not a State Senator. I even went as far as to like Representative Tom Cotton's FB page. He's become so selfish and so ignorant on the issues that although the Green candidate will be my first preference, I'm pulling for Cotton among the two mainstream parties. He at least has an excuse for his positions as a Republican. Pryor doesn't and I really hope the DCCC and the DSCC don't help him out at all. He deserves to lose and I would rather we help out Grimes, Nunn, Udall, Shaheen, Hagan and other more deserving Democrats then to waste even a penny on Blanche V2. If we can't count on him to fight for young workers like us in raising the national minimum wage, then I have nothing left to say but Pryor, do everyone a favor and just resign and go back to Arkansas where you came from. He might as well register as a Republican to if he's going to be a homophobe who could careless about the Sandy Hook victims. I hope Cotton wins. I really do and this is most likely the only Senate Republican I will support this election because Pryor is an embarrassment to our party.

Also, for any Democrats on this forum still unsure about Pryor - let me destroy any credibility he has left right now by posting what he supports/opposes and has voted for and against in the past courtesy of OnTheIssues.org

- Opposes same-sex marriage
- Opposes raising the national minimum wage to $10.10 an hour, yet supports raising Arkansas's to $8.25
- Supports adding more sanctions to Iran and therefore risk any chance of peace
- Voted "YES" for $86 billion of military force in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Voted "NO" multiple times on the withdrawal of both non-essential and essential U.S. troops from Iraq
- Is a support of international free trade
- Voted "YES" on prohibiting the EPA from regulating greenhouse gases
- Voted "NO" on addressing carbon dioxide emissions
- Voted "YES" on an Internet sales tax
- Voted "YES" on making English the official U.S. language
- Voted "NO" on comprehensive immigration reform (in 2007)
- Voted "YES" to reauthorize the PATRIOT Act
- Voted "YES" on the Military Commissions Act which had obstructed the right of detainee's for habeas corpus
- Voted against President Obama's proposed minimum tax plan on those making over $1 million a year
- Voted against the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act which after signed, successfully amended the ACA and student loan reform

That's not everything of course, but those are some of the key highlights of his awful Senate career. He's also seen here enjoying his raccoon dinner as if it's humane to eat such a wonderful animal. He only has a 42% rating by the LCV on environmental issues and 0% by the Humane Society for animal rights.

I do agree that he's pretty useless, and would shed no tears if he lost (if it doesn't cost Dems the majority), but I still support his re-election campaign. A useless Dem senator is 100x better than a Neocon GOP senator.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2014, 09:06:27 PM »

I'm not the only Democrat who's against Pryor. He turned on us before we turned on him. And it's only him, to. I'm certainly not head over heels for Begich, Warner, Landrieu, Hagan, John Walsh, and a few others, but behind the Green nominees, I'll fully support these kinds of Democrats before the Republican, but Pryor has just gone to far, dude.

And we pretty much already lost this race thanks to Pryor. He's going down the exact same route that caused Blanche Lincoln to lose to Boozman in 2010 of being "independent" of the Democratic Party and now there's this poll that has Cotton +5 to prove it and there was even a recent Cotton +7. We are so much better off politically and ideologically trying to get Nunn, Grimes, Peters and Braley in the Senate before we ever give Pryor another chance. Besides, as Sawx said earlier, the loss in Arkansas could easily be offset by the Republican loss in Georgia.

I agree with you, he lost this race.  Look at Mike Ross, that same poll had Ross leading by three.  You should divert resources to other races.  What I was say is that you should not abandon a good portion of your party who does not always agree or you will be in a world of hurt, don't be a leftist party, but a center left.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »

I'm content with Pryor losing now and us having a better shot of taking out Cotton six years from now in a hopefully more favorable environment with someone like maybe Gov. Mike Ross or whoever is most viable at the time.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2014, 11:21:17 PM »

I'd be tempted to vote for Cotton if I lived in Arkansas. Pryor has always struck me as a mediocre politician who coasted to where he is on his father's reputation.

But Cotton is basically someone who in 2014 still adheres to Bush's foreign policy as the ideal, which is far more dangerous.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2014, 11:23:25 PM »

Is Bill Halter still around?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2014, 11:56:36 PM »

He dropped out of the gubernatorial race last summer and isn't running for anything else this cycle. 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2014, 01:53:33 PM »

All the Democrats here hoping Pryor loses are even dumber than the Tea Party.

Seriously, I don't like him either. But a vote for Reid as majority leader is valuable, especially in a year where the majority is at risk.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »

Then we should make sure his leading opponent is from the left, not from the right.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2014, 01:58:10 PM »

Then we should make sure his leading opponent is from the left, not from the right.

I'd love to hear how this is even remotely possible. Getting the Republican Party struck off the ballot? Nah, Cotton would probably still win as a write-in.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2014, 02:08:55 PM »

You tried that already. Pryor won.

It's blatantly obvious that Pryor only cares about his re-election bid and making his first priorities to Arkansas and his religion rather than doing his actual job as a registered, national Democratic politician. In case he forgot the memo, he's a UNITED States Senator, not a State Senator.

So you oppose Pryor because he, as the Senator from Arkansas, prioritizes doing what's best for his constituents?

He might as well register as a Republican to if he's going to be a homophobe

If we're going to be using OnTheIssues to decide this:
Rated 89% by the HRC, indicating a pro-gay-rights stance.
NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.

who could careless about the Sandy Hook victims

He cares so little that he's meeting with them to hear their concerns.

So he opposes a raise to $10.10 but supports a smaller raise. That's not exactly a crazy position...

Oh no Pryor supports the Second Amendment. How horrible.

So the man's religious. Is that a problem?

And Democrats strongly oppose free trade.

So Pryor's bad because he supports raising revenues?

As did half of all other Senate Democrats.

Weren't we just criticizing Pryor for supporting an Internet sales tax?

He's also seen here enjoying his raccoon dinner as if it's humane to eat such a wonderful animal. He only has 0% by the Humane Society for animal rights.

... Are you serious? Is this your criticism of Pryor: that he eats meat?
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2014, 03:12:49 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2014, 03:15:32 PM by Sawxsylvania »

Oh please. Pryor only looks out for himself, not the party. I'm not going to go as far as Adam does because I really don't care about gun control (only support Manchin-Toomey), religion (that's a personal issue, plus I'm not a fedora-type), or marriage (the courts are taking care of that), but I do care about the minimum wage. The fact that he wants an increase for himself and his state, but not the rest of the country, is fairly despicable.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2014, 03:43:09 PM »

Oh please. Pryor only looks out for himself, not the party. I'm not going to go as far as Adam does because I really don't care about gun control (only support Manchin-Toomey), religion (that's a personal issue, plus I'm not a fedora-type), or marriage (the courts are taking care of that), but I do care about the minimum wage. The fact that he wants an increase for himself and his state, but not the rest of the country, is fairly despicable.

I'm not defending Pryor's ideology. But his most important vote is for who controls the Senate. Everything else is extraneous.

For example, I was glad that McIntyre and Matheson retired because not only did they vote against Dems on everything, they refused to even support the Dem leadership, making them totally worthless. At least Pryor has never voted against Reid for majority leader, or signalled he would potentially do so.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2014, 04:11:20 PM »

Yeah... there are legitimate reasons to dislike Pryor, both for the left and right, but literally conceding a seat just because you don't like the Democrat holding it is one of the dumbest things you can do.

This is an election where you're voting for the lesser of two evils.  Plain and simple.
Nichlemn

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2014, 05:48:05 PM »

I'm not defending Pryor's ideology. But his most important vote is for who controls the Senate. Everything else is extraneous.

For example, I was glad that McIntyre and Matheson retired because not only did they vote against Dems on everything, they refused to even support the Dem leadership, making them totally worthless. At least Pryor has never voted against Reid for majority leader, or signalled he would potentially do so.

Even in that case, they didn't go so far as to vote for Republican leadership, which is what any Republican elected in their place would do (even inexplicably moderate ones).
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »

McIntyre and Matheson still voted for Democrats, IIRC. They weren't deciding votes, so I really don't see the point in hating them over that.

For the record I don't think Pryor will be the deciding vote for Reid because of Georgia, and if Begich or Landrieu were in serious trouble, you'd probably see me supporting him. But they're not, so until the point where he stops being expendable, I'll be backing a third party candidate. I'm a fan of politicians that are willing to put everything on the line for their country, not themselves (see: Landrieu, Manchin). I'm not asking for Ted Kennedy or advocating for some unelectable candidate, but Arkansas can definitely do better than Mark Pryor.

Mike Ross 2020.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »

McIntyre and Matheson still voted for Democrats, IIRC. They weren't deciding votes, so I really don't see the point in hating them over that.

For the record I don't think Pryor will be the deciding vote for Reid because of Georgia, and if Begich or Landrieu were in serious trouble, you'd probably see me supporting him. But they're not, so until the point where he stops being expendable, I'll be backing a third party candidate. I'm a fan of politicians that are willing to put everything on the line for their country, not themselves (see: Landrieu, Manchin). I'm not asking for Ted Kennedy or advocating for some unelectable candidate, but Arkansas can definitely do better than Mark Pryor.

Mike Ross 2020.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Pryor is to the left of Ross.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2014, 08:31:47 PM »

Mike Ross 2020.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Pryor is to the left of Ross.
I would believe so, Pryor voted for ACA while Ross didn't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies