Gay Marriage comes to Indiana?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:20:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gay Marriage comes to Indiana?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Gay Marriage comes to Indiana?  (Read 11621 times)
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2014, 03:24:21 AM »

Why should I be denied the right to visiting rights for my spouse while a heterosexual can do that? Surely you don't believe homosexuality is a choice considering the fact that you are one and haven't been able to cleanse yourself of this awful disease.

This is either an extremely delusional person or a troll.

Despite this leftist-esque rudeness, I'm happy to let you know:

A) No human being would *ever* deny you the ability to see your loved one in the hospital.
B) Arrangements do not require marriage to be redefined.
C) Contractual arrangements can be made.
D) Just because I disagree with your worldview, doesn't make me a troll.
E) Label me all you want - everyone is different, everyone has different ideas.

Why should a homosexual couple have to go through the trouble of drafting a contract in advance to secure hospital visitation rights (the need for which may be unforeseeable)  while a married heterosexual couple gets that benefit automatically without any forethought? Do you know how many thousands of dollars in legal costs are involved in drafting individual contracts for joint property ownership, power of attorney, inheritance, etc.? (i.e. things taken for granted by married couples). Moreover, under current law can a "contractual arrangement" be made between two individuals to secure things like Social Security survivor's benefits, joint filing of tax returns, and exemptions from inheritance taxes? (Spoiler alert: nope).

Contractual arrangements don't solve everything.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2014, 08:09:14 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2014, 10:32:33 AM by True Federalist »

They're on the wrong and losing side of the argument - they'll get more desperate and aggressive  for a while. Like those who thought marriage between races was forbidden by God... they'll be shoved aside while society moves on. These people are sitting in the seats that are so cheap that the theatre pays people to sit in them...

And seriously, if you're 'trying' to make an argument, please... don't make up a word.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »

I wasn't aware characteristics were civil rights.

Why is it so important to you that the homosexualist agenda is is shoved in our faces?

Why is it important to shove your right wing agenda in mine? Being right wing is a choice so go do it at home and keep it away from children.

You're a right winger (in the UK context). Are you an official Tory member or just a supporter?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2014, 09:11:29 AM »

Why is it so important to you that the homosexualist agenda is is shoved in our faces?

Why is it important to shove your right wing agenda in mine? Being right wing is a choice so go do it at home and keep it away from children.

You're a right winger (in the UK context). Are you an official Tory member or just a supporter?

I was a member. I stood in the 2007 locals.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2014, 09:09:58 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not sure how a ballot initiative with one side blaring the horns of confidence of inevitability of same-sex 'marriage' is shoving an agenda into your face.

You have forced this new definition of marriage on us, that's just the bottom line. That's the real reason for all of this is for Christians to feel upset. That's my opinion as to why this is happening.

Me and plenty of other Christians not only support gay marriage, but open our churches to homosexuals, ordain them, marry them, and include them in our social and spiritual activities.

You are not speaking for all Christians, and there is no conspiracy to 'make Christians feel upset.'  Stop bringing religion into things that do not concern religion.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2014, 09:48:35 PM »

Nobody chooses homosexuality. Nobody can explain it. So it is in the same league as height or skin color (OK, people can choose to tan or not tan).

Which would scare you least about a son?

"Mom! Dad! I am at the police station charged with grand theft auto".

Hypodermic syringe hidden in a drawer.

A neo-Nazi tattoo (swastika, SS runes, etc).

Alcoholic beverage containers in the bedroom under clutter.

"Mom! Dad! I've been busted for heroin!"

Paraphernalia related to illegal gambling.

"Gangster chic".

"I love to go out with a baseball bat and beat up f@ggots."

"I just don't understand it. I'm GAY!"

...All but the latter require some intervention. Gays and lesbians simply cannot love people of the other gender. They can still love without exploitation and abuse. They can act with caution on sex.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2014, 06:19:47 PM »

"Homosexualist agenda". But you claim to be gay.

TROLL!!!!!!!!!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2014, 06:23:54 PM »

TROLL!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppression#Internalized_oppression
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2014, 06:27:50 PM »

TROLL!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppression#Internalized_oppression

I hear you and understand the concept of self-hating gays. But his lingo throughout his posting history, capped y this fail sundae, is he's a troll, not gay.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2014, 11:15:45 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2014, 09:25:24 PM by Clarko95 »

****BREAKING****

U.S. District Judge Richard Young has just ruled the law defining marriage between a man and a woman is unconstitutional. No word if they can begin immediately as no stay has been issued, but Attorney General will appeal.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

More Information: Richard Young was nominated to the court for Southern Indiana by President Bill Clinton in July 1997, and confirmed and commissioned in March 1998. He ordered county clerks to issue marriage licenses, and on 6/25/14, 8 counties began issuing them. He was also the judge to order out-of-state gay marriages be recognized on April 10, 2014. The case was Baskin v. Bogan
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2014, 11:31:30 AM »

Is there any difference striking down a law rather than striking down a constitutional amendment?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2014, 11:33:44 AM »

Is there any difference striking down a law rather than striking down a constitutional amendment?

No. All state constitutions and state laws are subordinate to the US Constitution per the Supremacy Clause.
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2014, 12:52:24 PM »

Congrats, Clarko.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2014, 02:06:25 PM »

****BREAKING****

U.S. District Judge Richard Young has just ruled the law defining marriage between a man and a woman is unconstitutional. No word if they can begin immediately as no stay has been issued, but Attorney General will appeal.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yayyyyyyyy so when's the wedding? Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »

...and they have begun issuing licenses, at least in Marion County. Smiley What a great day for Indiana!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2014, 03:52:06 PM »

Nah, President Palin and Senator Mourdock will swiftly fix this.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2014, 05:35:16 PM »

This is really going to help Democrats in Southern Illinois.

Hopefully Senator Richard Young, who is a staunch supporter of the proposed Constitutional Amendment banning SSM, will effectively publicize his Pro-Traditional Values credentials in order to win re-election in his conservative district.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2014, 05:48:16 PM »

Me and plenty of other Christians not only support gay marriage, but open our churches to homosexuals, ordain them, marry them, and include them in our social and spiritual activities.

You can't call yourself a Christian and endorse something that is in direct violation of the Bible's teachings...
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2014, 06:02:41 PM »

You can't call yourself a Christian and endorse something that is in direct violation of the Bible's teachings...

Jesus is also a part of the Bible, if you didn't know it already. What Jesus says trumps everything else in the Bible. Jesus is basically the one man Supreme Court of the Bible. His words are constitutional law. Wink
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2014, 06:21:24 PM »

Jesus is also a part of the Bible, if you didn't know it already. What Jesus says trumps everything else in the Bible. Jesus is basically the one man Supreme Court of the Bible. His words are constitutional law. Wink

The message preached by Jesus on this subject was the exact same message put forth in the Bible. Jesus condemned the practice of homosexuality.

www(dot)apologeticspress(dot)org/APContent.aspx?category=7&article=1627

Only Paul condemned homosexuality in the New Testament.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2014, 06:22:48 PM »

I thought that they weren't voting on it this year.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2014, 06:29:08 PM »

The message preached by Jesus on this subject was the exact same message put forth in the Bible. Jesus condemned the practice of homosexuality.

www(dot)apologeticspress(dot)org/APContent.aspx?category=7&article=1627

Only Paul condemned homosexuality in the New Testament.

Paul did so based on the guidance he received from the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, "The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2014, 07:53:11 PM »

I thought that they weren't voting on it this year.

Correct, the public will not vote on a constitutional amendment to define marriage as being between a man and a woman (in addition to banning a ton of other stuff) as a state law already does. However, a federal court ruled the law unconstitutional based on the U.S. constitution. If this is upheld, the amendment would be dead. Permanently. Forever.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2014, 07:54:36 PM »

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2014, 08:09:57 PM »

Oh, this FC creature is another JCL... God bless election years.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies