Schweitzer on Obama: “They just haven’t been very good at running things" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:13:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Schweitzer on Obama: “They just haven’t been very good at running things" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Schweitzer on Obama: “They just haven’t been very good at running things"  (Read 3047 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 15, 2014, 08:37:42 PM »

Is there any example of someone running for an unpopular incumbent party and winning by running against it? I know that's how Sazkozy won but that was France.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 10:49:49 PM »

Is there any example of someone running for an unpopular incumbent party and winning by running against it? I know that's how Sazkozy won but that was France.

As was already mentioned, Bryan won the 1896 nomination, although not the general. The Democratic party had lost over half their seats in the House in 1894.

There is also 1856, which was equivalent to a successful primary challenge to an incumbent president in the modern system, with the primary challenger going on to win the general election for the incumbent's party.

And that President basically destroyed the country and is the closest thing we have to an example for Schweitzer to follow. It would basically be unprecedented in American history for him to be successful, then. I like Schweitzer but that doesn't mean that I don't like Obama or Clinton, too though they are very different.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:54:39 PM »

Talking like this only helps the Republicans, as well as hurt his standing with everyone who did vote for Obama and Clinton. Which is a majority of the country. Man is he stupid, Schweitzer is really disappointing me.
Though he is right about Obama being scared on civil liberty issues.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies