Colorado Megathread: Buck-ing the trend
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:20:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Colorado Megathread: Buck-ing the trend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13
Author Topic: Colorado Megathread: Buck-ing the trend  (Read 25098 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2014, 07:44:25 PM »

If Gardner wants to run on being a SoCon in Colorado, where the GOP's biggest problem is being to socially conservative, then he should go right ahead.

Only slightly less stupid than your "It seems no one besides hacks care about this Kathleen Kane story" comment.

I'm sorry, Sen. Ken Buck and Gov. Tom Tancredo clearly prove me wrong on this. And don't forget current Rep. Marilyn Musgrave!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2014, 07:06:40 AM »

If Gardner wants to run on being a SoCon in Colorado, where the GOP's biggest problem is being to socially conservative, then he should go right ahead.

Only slightly less stupid than your "It seems no one besides hacks care about this Kathleen Kane story" comment.

I'm sorry, Sen. Ken Buck and Gov. Tom Tancredo clearly prove me wrong on this. And don't forget current Rep. Marilyn Musgrave!

That proves that social conservatism is the GOP's biggest problem? Every person you named had a history of making idiotic, extreme statements. That doesn't mean social conservatism in general is the party's biggest problem. You really struggle with the simple things, dude.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »

That proves that social conservatism is the GOP's biggest problem? Every person you named had a history of making idiotic, extreme statements. That doesn't mean social conservatism in general is the party's biggest problem. You really struggle with the simple things, dude.
Social conservatism is the GOP's biggest problem in Colorado. If the CO republican party nominated people with fiscal conservative and social moderate views, they would probably this state easily.
The personhood amendment failed badly in Colorado: 30-70, something like that.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »

Interesting look at the fracking saga.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2014, 07:37:16 PM »

In Colorado it is. I'm curious as to what you think it is because so far your replies have been "NO IT ISN'T SHUT UP IDIOT Angry".
sg0508
United States

« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »

The CO GOP has always been very, very conservative on the social front.  The problem is, the state moved left very quickly in that regard and now, the GOP got caught with it's pants down. It's too far right and the base of the party there has to nominate social conservatives because that's all they have. Of course, they keep losing.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2014, 09:22:11 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2014, 02:10:39 AM by Victorino Emanuel Ramirez III »

In Colorado it is. I'm curious as to what you think it is because so far your replies have been "NO IT ISN'T SHUT UP IDIOT Angry".

Phil has a point here. If Musgrave survived 2008, she'd be being lampooned with Bachmann, King, and Gohmert right no, Buck is someone who literally blamed a woman for being raped, and Tancredo is essentially a white nationalist. To be blunt, they aren't socons. They're a loon, a rape apologist, and a white supremacist. A sane socon can win here if the climate reaches 2010-esque proportions.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2014, 06:58:47 AM »

Phil has a point here. If Musgrave survived 2008, she'd be being lampooned with Bachmann, King, and Gohmert right no, Buck is someone who literally blamed a woman for being raped, and Tancredo is essentially a white nationalist. To be blunt, they aren't socons. They're a loon, a rape apologist, and a white supremacist. A sane socon can win here if the climate reaches 2010-esque proportions.

Thank you.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2014, 08:11:16 AM »

Udall buying $560k of ads over the next 3 weeks.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #134 on: May 02, 2014, 03:46:43 AM »

No, sorry Sawx but I disagree with you. Buck made some gaffes, but he's definitely not Akin. He's just an extremely social conservative who didn't support abortion in case of rep. During his campaign, he didn't make an Akin comment (he would have lost by a much bigger margin).

The CO republican party definitely needs to moderate itself socially, ending their opposition to same sex marriage, and being much less pro-life, if they want to win in a neutral year.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2014, 06:53:02 AM »

Biden will fundraise for Udall in Denver 3 weeks from now.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2014, 09:20:14 AM »

Didn't Buck compare homosexuality to alcoholism at some point?
It's much more a far right social conservative comment than an Akin comment.

Coburn too has made some homophobic comments. Is he Todd Akin? No

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2014, 08:19:10 PM »

Energy still a top issue.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2014, 08:44:54 PM »

As goes Jefferson, so goes the state.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2014, 06:09:48 PM »

Chamber reserving airtime for Gardner. Rubio appears in one of those ads.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2014, 05:09:16 AM »

Not sure it's a good idea to make an ad with Rubio haha.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2014, 06:52:52 AM »

More on fracking's impact, plus intra-Dem battles and the possibility of Steyer's intervention.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #142 on: May 13, 2014, 09:14:01 AM »

http://www.lcv.org/elections/research/may2014cosenpoll.pdf
Udall +4.
Important divide between men and women, as usual.
Still many undecided. But more democrats undecided than republicans.
My rating for this race is still toss up, tilt D.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »

AFP dropping $150k of Senate ads over 10 days.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2014, 09:02:46 AM »

$216k of Senate Majority PAC ads.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2014, 10:57:43 AM »

$2.3 million of ads from Crossroads between June and August.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2014, 10:52:02 AM »

$1.7 million of NRSC ads in the fall.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2014, 12:07:34 PM »

Bidens to fundraise for Udall.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »

NFIB endorses Gardner.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »

Udall has called for Shinseki's resignation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies