NC: PPP: Still a tossup (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:10:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC: PPP: Still a tossup (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: PPP: Still a tossup  (Read 4663 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 14, 2014, 12:03:32 PM »
« edited: January 14, 2014, 12:08:09 PM by MilesC56 »

Article.

Hagan- 42%
Tillis- 43%

Hagan- 41%
Brannon- 43%

Hagan- 42%
Flynn- 44%

Hagan- 41%
Harris- 43%

Hagan- 41%
Grant- 43%

Hagan's approval is 39/49 (obviously lower than I'd like) which mirrors the 38/48 split against the ACA.

Tillis is up to 19% in the GOP primary; an improvement for him, but the toplines of this poll really don't reinforce any electability argument he would have.

None of the non-Tillis Republicans have under 70% unknowns.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 12:23:01 PM »

In this race, is Hagan basically a generic Democrat?

To some extent, but I think its more a function of the others being unknown Generic Republicans. For instance, if the voters in the general found out what a nut Branon is, it wouldn't be a close race.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »

Glorious news!

Mr. Thom 'Taxcut' Tillis will undoubtedly be campaigning on the massive decline of the unemployment rate after the white liberals were completely jettisoned from the state government.

Stop playing dumb for the sake of trolling. The majority of statewide offices are held by white Democrats.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 02:56:10 PM »

Glorious news!

Mr. Thom 'Taxcut' Tillis will undoubtedly be campaigning on the massive decline of the unemployment rate after the white liberals were completely jettisoned from the state government.

Stop playing dumb for the sake of trolling. The majority of statewide offices are held by white Democrats.

Ah, but Mr. Tillis would be referring to the primary office and the state legislature of course, and not secondary offices of lesser importance that had little to do with this.

I was referring to your point about 'white liberals' being jettisoned from state government; this is of course flat wrong and you knew that.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:20:33 PM »

Very well then. The white liberals were merely jettisoned from the Governor and Lt. Governor's office, I suppose. Guess it was enough.

What I don't understand is why you have to make a point of trashing 'white liberals' every time NC comes up. You don't do that over at RRH. Surely, you have some sort of filter.

Do you just like to get called out here? You're a smart guy and I don't see why you like to resort to stuff like that.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »

Admittedly, I haven't followed either Grant or Flynn very closely. From the info on their websites that I've been checking, though, I just don't think either of them will have the fundraising/campaign effort to run a fully statewide operation. They both need to get more endorsements if they want to carve out greater niches for themselves, IMO.

Flynn strikes me as a loose cannon; I can see him having several gaffes. Grant is from Wilkes County, so she'll lack an urban geographical base, which is probably a precondition to making the runoff.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 12:40:35 AM »

FWIW, there was a candidate forum on the R side this evening. This was the third such event that Tillis missed though.

I'll try to post the video when (if) its released.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies