Hunting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:58:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Hunting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: How do you feel about animal hunting?
Not my thing, but nothing against it

It's wrong but I wouldn't outlaw it

Hunting is good

Hunting should be illegal

Other/Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Hunting  (Read 8081 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2005, 01:05:19 AM »

It's about as alive as my foot.  If you call that being alive, than I should say it is not "life".

A fetus will grow into a human being, and no human being is without sin.  I can tell you now, my dog is no sinner. I don't see how that is disgusting at all.

Your dog is an animal. Nothing more. Its an organic creature that has no soul and no human emotions.

I can assure you, my dog has the same chance of having a "soul" as you do.  Besides the point, it is still an innocent creature, whereas a human is incapable of being such.

A baby is incapable of innocence? Wow, should I punish my baby girl now for some supposed guilt?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2005, 10:05:52 PM »

It's about as alive as my foot.  If you call that being alive, than I should say it is not "life".

A fetus will grow into a human being, and no human being is without sin.  I can tell you now, my dog is no sinner. I don't see how that is disgusting at all.

Your dog is an animal. Nothing more. Its an organic creature that has no soul and no human emotions.

I can assure you, my dog has the same chance of having a "soul" as you do.  Besides the point, it is still an innocent creature, whereas a human is incapable of being such.

A baby is incapable of innocence? Wow, should I punish my baby girl now for some supposed guilt?

When she grows older, obviously she will not be as inoccent. And why should you punish her for guilt? I feel bad for your daughter if she is being punished for feeling a normal human emotion.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2005, 10:45:15 PM »

Option 1.

Nothing I'd ever do, but with some restrictions, people should be free to.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2005, 10:49:44 PM »

Option 1.

Nothing I'd ever do, but with some restrictions, people should be free to.

Agreed, though I like venison.  And duck.  I'd love to try duck hunting.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2005, 01:48:57 AM »

When she grows older, obviously she will not be as inoccent. And why should you punish her for guilt? I feel bad for your daughter if she is being punished for feeling a normal human emotion.

What I am saying is why should I punish my daughter for something bad she MAY do in the future? She is innocent NOW until the age of reason (age 14). To say a dog has a soul and is innocent is just nonsense.
senatortombstone
Rookie

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2005, 02:58:23 PM »

Option 1, though I, like John Dibble, don't like hunting just for the sake of killing something.  Native Americans, when they killed a buffalo, used every single part of the animal's body for one thing or another, and only killed enough buffalo such that they could make use of every single buffalo they killed.  I'm not, of course, expecting everyone nowadays to be exactly like the Native Americans were, but it's a good and sustainable model to work from.

Didn't the Buffalo hunting indians used to run whole herds of Buffalos off cliffs?

I don't see how they could not let some of that go to waste...............
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2005, 06:00:14 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2005, 04:17:02 PM by Alcon »

Option 1, though I, like John Dibble, don't like hunting just for the sake of killing something.  Native Americans, when they killed a buffalo, used every single part of the animal's body for one thing or another, and only killed enough buffalo such that they could make use of every single buffalo they killed.  I'm not, of course, expecting everyone nowadays to be exactly like the Native Americans were, but it's a good and sustainable model to work from.

Didn't the Buffalo hunting indians used to run whole herds of Buffalos off cliffs?

I don't see how they could not let some of that go to waste...............

They pretty much did eat it all, as weird as that is. And, if they didn't, it was an insignificant part. What the Native Americans did not use for eating they used to make things, such as clothing from the hide. They were very industrial about hunting, since they did not have much to eat. There was rarely more than needed.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2005, 04:21:08 AM »

What I am saying is why should I punish my daughter for something bad she MAY do in the future? She is innocent NOW until the age of reason (age 14). To say a dog has a soul and is innocent is just nonsense.

How is a dog any less inoccent than a child under the age of 14? I know many children under this age who are certainly not inoccent. A dog is not capable of being anything but. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2005, 03:48:46 PM »

Hunting for food if you really need it is perfectly OK to me.

Hunting for food just because you want to is OK, I suppose, as long as you aren't overdoing it.

Hunting for trophies is not something I approve of, but I do not want it to be illegal.

I totally agree with this.  I don't like the idea of hunting just for trophies, but only really because I find them really ugly and tasteless as decorations.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2005, 04:07:06 PM »

I don't think hunting is the most moral thing an individual can do, but should we throw the lion in prison for attacking the antelope?  C'mon now.  We the superior species, it's just natural.  the laws we have now to protect endangered species and poaching is good enough. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies