Hunting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:33:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Hunting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: How do you feel about animal hunting?
Not my thing, but nothing against it

It's wrong but I wouldn't outlaw it

Hunting is good

Hunting should be illegal

Other/Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Hunting  (Read 8082 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2005, 10:25:55 AM »

How can you idiots think an Animal as more rights that a Living Fetus.

Anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2005, 10:39:03 AM »

No, two wrongs don't make a right. Make one law tougher, not the other one lighter.

I agree, completely ban assisted suicide, euthanasia, etc, and I'll compromise by supporting laws that say you can't beat a dog.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2005, 10:43:41 AM »

No, two wrongs don't make a right. Make one law tougher, not the other one lighter.

I agree, completely ban assisted suicide, euthanasia, etc, and I'll compromise by supporting laws that say you can't beat a dog.

Why do you want to jump in so much into people's lives. If someone wants to die when they get termanlly ill, you have nothing to do with it.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2005, 12:08:39 PM »

Why do you want to jump in so much into people's lives. If someone wants to die when they get termanlly ill, you have nothing to do with it.

what's the point in assisted suicide anyways?
Why don't they just pul a Kurt Cobain.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2005, 02:22:32 PM »

what's the point in assisted suicide anyways?
Why don't they just pul a Kurt Cobain.

A lot of people who want to kill themselves are very ill, quadraplegics, etc.  There are a great many reasons one might not be able to acheive one's goal on one's own.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2005, 06:13:54 PM »

Ummm, Well If you think a Dog should have more rights than a Fetus than yes, You are an  idiot.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »

Ummm, Well If you think a Dog should have more rights than a Fetus than yes, You are an  idiot.

If you think that the way to solve that problem would be giving a dog less rights, you have no respect for animals.

GWB, if the mother dies, in the first two trimesters or so, the baby dies too. It is part of the mother at that point.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2005, 12:03:55 AM »

If you think that the way to solve that problem would be giving a dog less rights, you have no respect for animals.

GWB, if the mother dies, in the first two trimesters or so, the baby dies too. It is part of the mother at that point.
It may be part of the mother but it's also a seperate human being that has its own seperate strands of DNA that no other human will ever have.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2005, 01:19:08 AM »

It may be part of the mother but it's also a seperate human being that has its own seperate strands of DNA that no other human will ever have.

Wow! A pro-life democrat. You're a quirk but I know how you feel you're a Southern Democrat so my respect for you is a LOT higher then national democrats at large.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2005, 01:34:21 AM »

Not my thing, but nothing against it
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2005, 06:40:17 PM »

Animals have rights, they just don't have as many or the same one's as humans.

Call me an idiot, but I sure hope my dog has more rights than a fetus!

What's all this about killing the innocent? My dog will always be more inoccent than a fetus.

Don't get me wrong, I dont like abortions, but you must remember, my dog- or any dog for that matter is more important than something not living.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2005, 01:58:37 AM »

What's all this about killing the innocent? My dog will always be more inoccent than a fetus.

Don't get me wrong, I dont like abortions, but you must remember, my dog- or any dog for that matter is more important than something not living.

Thats really disgusting. It really is.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2005, 02:09:57 AM »

Actually, it's hilarious. Especially the claim that a fetus is not alive. Even an embryo is alive.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2005, 02:18:02 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2005, 02:20:51 AM by EarlAW »

It's about as alive as my foot.  If you call that being alive, than I should say it is not "life".

A fetus will grow into a human being, and no human being is without sin.  I can tell you now, my dog is no sinner. I don't see how that is disgusting at all.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2005, 02:23:27 AM »

A fetus is an independent entity. If you think otherwise, you are scientifically incorrect, and your argument becomes even more laughable.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2005, 02:25:02 AM »

It's about as alive as my foot.  If you call that being alive, than I should say it is not "life".

A fetus will grow into a human being, and no human being is without sin.  I can tell you now, my dog is no sinner. I don't see how that is disgusting at all.

Your dog is an animal. Nothing more. Its an organic creature that has no soul and no human emotions.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2005, 08:18:08 AM »

Your dog is an animal. Nothing more. Its an organic creature that has no soul and no human emotions.

There is no such thing as a 'soul' in a person either. 

Humans are animals too - the only reason we treat them differently is we are each more similar to one another than we are to other animals.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2005, 04:18:58 PM »

Humans are animals too - the only reason we treat them differently is we are each more similar to one another than we are to other animals.

I actually agree with Opebo on this. There is nothing "sacred" about human life.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2005, 04:39:29 PM »

I actually agree with Opebo on this. There is nothing "sacred" about human life.

Should I take that as an invitation to kill you?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2005, 04:41:50 PM »

Repeating something over and over again does not make it true.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2005, 04:52:44 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2005, 04:55:47 PM by Bob »

Should I take that as an invitation to kill you?

Nice try. No, because I obviously don't want to die. That doesn't mean my life is sacred.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2005, 08:08:48 PM »

Anyone who believes a fetus isn't alive is like one of those idiots who thinks flies and rats spawn from piles of garbage.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2005, 08:10:35 PM »

A dog can't be sad? angry?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2005, 08:20:44 PM »

LOL, funny post, Idiot
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2005, 10:21:16 PM »

I can assure you, my dog has the same chance of having a "soul" as you do.  Besides the point, it is still an innocent creature, whereas a human is incapable of being such.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies