NJ-Gov: Corzine has commanding lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:28:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NJ-Gov: Corzine has commanding lead  (Read 3850 times)
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2005, 02:47:10 PM »

by kos
Wed Mar 16th, 2005 at 11:15:04 PST

Quinnipiac. 3/9-14. MoE 3.2% (1/26 results)
Corzine (D) 50 (52)
Shundler (R) 34 (28)
Corzine (D) 50 (51)
Forrester (R) 33 (29)

GOP primary (MoE 6%)

Forrester (R) 33 (32)
Shundler (R) 29 (32)

http://dailykos.com/story/2005/3/16/14053/3276
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 04:27:02 PM »

will the NJ GOP wake up and realize that they need to run Bob Franks
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 04:34:34 PM »

That is a slight improvement from January. At this rate, the NJ GOP can expect to be in the lead in polls some time next year.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 05:09:12 PM »

when is the election in NJ?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 05:10:35 PM »

November 2005 IIRC
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 05:45:42 PM »

Maybe he'll run again for Senate (in 2008). Right now, our best bet is Forrester.

Oh and for the "incredibly popular" Corzine to only have 50% is kind of sad.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 06:41:12 PM »

By the time Corzine drops so low that he can be beat by those two (Schundler/Forrester) it will be too late.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 06:46:16 PM »

GOP primary (MoE 6%)

Forrester (R) 33 (32)
Shundler (R) 29 (32)

I think Forrester is probably up by about 6-8 points. Almost everything is going his way (or so it seems) so far in the race.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2005, 09:10:08 PM »

Forget these pollls... Like PA, if the White House gets involved, it will be a completey different story.

(Unless the Social Security private accounts plan crumbles even more)
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2005, 09:15:50 PM »

You mean, the man originally beaten by Corzine in the 'open' senate seat? Franks is the definition of an also-ran.

Whitman has more of a chance than Franks, and she'd still lose by 6-8 pts
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2005, 10:42:02 PM »

There's an awful lot of undecideds to claim that Corzine has a lock on this.
Cashcow

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 03:48:11 PM »

Corzine is going to win without any trouble.
Cashcow

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 07:02:20 PM »

That's the state of mind that is going to lose him the election.

If he loses, I'll cut off my balls and mail them to you.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2005, 04:28:49 AM »

Eventually Corzine will run out of cash, but I dont see that happening anytime soon.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2005, 01:18:26 PM »

Isn't he the guy who lost to Corzine for the Senate seat? If so he'd probably just lose again.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 02:15:05 PM »

Isn't he the guy who lost to Corzine for the Senate seat? If so he'd probably just lose again.

Yes because meaning you lost once to someone means you'll lose again. Roll Eyes

I beg you to stop acting like you know this area's politics so well. It's annoying to all of us, Republican and Democrat, from this region.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2005, 02:20:32 PM »

I beg you to stop acting like you know this area's politics so well. It's annoying to all of us, Republican and Democrat, from this region.

I did not say I knew the area's politics so well, I just said he lost to Corzine before. That's a fact, what are you disputing?

You act like you know our politics too well also, for example you thought Mark Kenendy was amazingly popular and a top tier candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 02:23:07 PM »

I did not say I knew the area's politics so well, I just said he lost to Corzine before. That's a fact, what are you disputing?

You act like you know our politics too well also, for example you thought Mark Kenendy was amazingly popular and a top tier candidate.

"He'd probably just lose again." That shows you think you know. You don't.

I don't know MN politics and have admitted to that. I support Kennedy because I think he would be a good candidate however never stated that he was amazingly popular. Thank you for putting words in my mouth.

...and you still don't have even an ounce of knowledge when it comes to PA-NJ politics.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 02:26:39 PM »

I have more than an "ounce", otherwise I wouldn't even know who Franks is. Maybe not a lot but more than an ounce.

That "He'd probably just lose again." statement was not about the area, just elections in general, because you can't deny that rematches usually don't result in a change for who lost last time.

If I had time to look up your previous posts, I beleive you said something as to the lines of that Dayton would probably win unless Kennedy implying Kennedy was a top tier candidate when he's rather generic.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2005, 03:13:14 PM »

I have more than an "ounce", otherwise I wouldn't even know who Franks is. Maybe not a lot but more than an ounce.

That "He'd probably just lose again." statement was not about the area, just elections in general, because you can't deny that rematches usually don't result in a change for who lost last time.

If I had time to look up your previous posts, I beleive you said something as to the lines of that Dayton would probably win unless Kennedy implying Kennedy was a top tier candidate when he's rather generic.

Dayton was clearly a target in 2006 and when people starting saying they were interested in the seat, he announced his retirement. That seems to be a sign that he was afraid of defeat (unless you know of another reason). Also, the fact that almost all of the MN GOP leadership seems to be lining up behind Kennedy makes him seem like a pretty good candidate. I never stated anything about him being amazingly popular though. Put words in my mouth and you'll just end up taking them back.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2005, 07:43:18 PM »

Dayton was clearly a target in 2006 and when people starting saying they were interested in the seat, he announced his retirement. That seems to be a sign that he was afraid of defeat (unless you know of another reason). Also, the fact that almost all of the MN GOP leadership seems to be lining up behind Kennedy makes him seem like a pretty good candidate. I never stated anything about him being amazingly popular though. Put words in my mouth and you'll just end up taking them back.

I was rather suprised when he retired, I don't know the whole story, but I guarantee it was not because he was scared of Kennedy. He might've been vulnerable overall, but no one was thinking "Dayton can win against most GOP candidates, but there's no way he can beat Mark Kennedy!"

The GOP are lining up behind Kennedy because much stronger candidates are unlikely to run and they want to stop Grams at all costs because he's simply the wost possible guy they could run. Kennedy is the "establishment" candidate, but we all know that doesn't mean the best. It's kind of like how Kerry was the establishment candidate to stop Dean, but he certainly wasn't the best.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2005, 12:18:30 PM »

Even a I thinks Corzine will have no trouble winning. The GOP Primary is not over. Murphy is about to win the Ocean GOP line, and DiGaetano won Bergen County. This means nothing but increasing amounts of cash following into there campagains. Eventually Forrester will take the nomination, but as of right now its still not over.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 12:46:44 PM »

Even a I thinks Corzine will have no trouble winning. The GOP Primary is not over. Murphy is about to win the Ocean GOP line, and DiGaetano won Bergen County. This means nothing but increasing amounts of cash following into there campagains. Eventually Forrester will take the nomination, but as of right now its still not over.

I thought DiGaetano would be one of the big three but he hasn't lived up to that. Murphy is picking up some support but in the end, this will remain a Forrester-Schundler race, with Forrester emerging victorious by about 5-6 points.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 10:38:30 PM »

Isn't Corzine the same dumbass that likend Vice President  Cheney to Saddam Hussein? 
South Park Republican
southparkgop
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2005, 05:37:57 PM »

You know I always thinks its funny that Republicans are supposed to be the party of the rich when there are so many multimillionaire Dems in high office.

I guess Corzine would prefer the state level.  Dealing with the mafia might be preferrable to dealing with a fractured minority party in the  Senate.
At least the boss just whacks you if he thinks you crossed the line, the Senate Dems are threatening to shut down the Senate to get their way.  No matter how long they gotta drag it out.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies