San Francisco/Sacramento precinct result maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:49:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  San Francisco/Sacramento precinct result maps
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: San Francisco/Sacramento precinct result maps  (Read 5992 times)
aaronfromCA97
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 06, 2014, 01:18:02 AM »

hi! im aaron, I'm new here  (but I've been to this site a few times looking for maps) I finally made an account, does anyone happen to have a precinct results map
for Sacramento and San Francisco for the 2012 presidential election? I've been trying to find one but haven't been very successful, also (not related to 2012) does anyone know where I could possibly find precinct results maps for the 2010 california elections? (whitman vs brown, boxer vs fiorina, etc.) thanks!
johnbuterbaugh
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 01:46:57 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2014, 02:14:43 PM by johnbuterbaugh »

I don't know about 2010 or 2012, but there are numerous places you can find precinct-level data for the 2008 presidential election.
For 2012, here's a Romney average map for San Francisco. The Romney average was 13.496%. Red areas are where Romney did better than average; blue areas are where Romney did worse than the average. McCain didn't win a single precinct in 2008. Obama performed slightly better in San Francisco in 2012 over 2008; so, I doubt Romney won a single precinct in San Francisco either.

The Sacramento County website released precinct-level data for the 2012 presidential election but I haven't found a precinct-level map.

Here's some 2008 data:
http://atlas.esri.com/Atlas/VoterAtlas.html?t=1&m=1&x=-121.55&y=38.06&l=9 is a great resource.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=88311.75
Also, this:

I haven't found any precinct-level maps for 2010.
aaronfromCA97
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »

thank you so much! very interesting, it looks like the more asian-american parts of the city (like the sunset district) trended romney, and the more LGBT inner city trended obama. cool map Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »

thank you so much! very interesting, it looks like the more asian-american parts of the city (like the sunset district) trended romney, and the more LGBT inner city trended obama. cool map Smiley
It's not a trend map. Romney did better with SF's Asians than with SF's Whites, like every Republican presidential candidate since probably 1992, is what it's showing. It would be hard to do worse.
The same pattern holds in Manhattan - along with some of the poshest corners of the UES, Chinatown is where the relic Republican vote is coming from, but not enough to win any precincts there either.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »

It's not a trend map. Romney did better with SF's Asians than with SF's Whites, like every Republican presidential candidate since probably 1992, is what it's showing. It would be hard to do worse.
The same pattern holds in Manhattan - along with some of the poshest corners of the UES, Chinatown is where the relic Republican vote is coming from, but not enough to win any precincts there either.

SF Asians overwhelmingly voted for Obama, but Romney did do better with them than other races.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 04:57:18 PM »

ha- David Latterman
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 02:04:37 PM »

Seems a little surprising given the Asian vote nationwide trended hard towards Obama.

Huh
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 02:59:52 PM »

Seems a little surprising given the Asian vote nationwide trended hard towards Obama.

Huh

Map created by David Latterman. One letter off from being....

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »

Huh

That's not a trend map, just a map showing what parts of San Francisco were more or less Republican than the city at large in 2012. And just like any other year, the Asian areas were more Republican. That doesn't mean they didn't swing towards Obama in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies