White students riot against racist NJ Sec. of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:08:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  White students riot against racist NJ Sec. of State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: White students riot against racist NJ Sec. of State  (Read 6476 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2005, 01:39:08 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Nothing wrong with a team accepting only one race. Would you outlaw it, by the way?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2005, 01:39:19 AM »

I don't care what you are. You can be a Martian for all I care-- you're still a fool.

Did it ever dawn on you that people like Sec. Thomas CREATE the "racism" that upsets you so?
So let's blame Sec. Thomas for your racism, huh?

That black friends argument is so old.

You must not go around telling people that it's not okay for your sister to date black men, then.

Yes, you are racist, because you separate the races and say they cannot inter-marry.  Just like the Ku Klux Klan.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2005, 01:40:21 AM »

Nothing wrong with a team accepting only one race. Would you outlaw it, by the way?
I think it's definitely wrong and immoral for teams to accept people of only one race, but I would not outlaw it, no.  That's up to the sports teams if they want to be racists.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2005, 01:41:44 AM »

I think it's definitely wrong and immoral for teams to accept people of only one race, but I would not outlaw it, no.  That's up to the sports teams if they want to be racists.

So you oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964, then?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2005, 01:43:02 AM »

I don't care what you are. You can be a Martian for all I care-- you're still a fool.

Did it ever dawn on you that people like Sec. Thomas CREATE the "racism" that upsets you so?
So let's blame Sec. Thomas for your racism, huh?

That black friends argument is so old.

You must not go around telling people that it's not okay for your sister to date black men, then.

Yes, you are racist, because you separate the races and say they cannot inter-marry.  Just like the Ku Klux Klan.

Oops, you thought you know more about me than I do? hahahahha

The "black friends" argument isn't an argument, it's reality. I don't want harm to come to black people. I actually want them to survive, which cannot happen if they all intermarry.

You support the destruction of all races, thus you are racist. Very simple.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2005, 01:46:46 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2005, 01:49:16 AM by Richius »

No, I don't.  "Anyone but a white male"?  I am a white male.
Yeah, hence the mental disorder.

Thats like asking me which kind of dog is better than which one.  What for?  For athletics?  Probably blacks.  For resistance to sunburns?  Definitely blacks.  There is no absolute.  This is not a white or black case, but there is a lot of gray area.  There is no master race.  And there is no "better" race overall.  There is, however, advantages of certain skin colors.

That isn't racism, dumbass, that's just a sports team that is disproportionately in favor of one race.  Unless these teams ONLY accept blacks/Asians, there isn't anything wrong with it, nor is it racism.[/quote]
It adheres to what the dictionary defines as racism, so I'll believe it.  You're discriminating based on race, and that is racism.  Would you like an immigrant to teach you your own lagnauge?

I don't believe any of that, you racist scumbag.[/quote]
Here we go again with the name calling.  I did read through the interracial marriage thread, and I must say: you consistently call other people names when you loose an argument, and when they hit you with the grand finale, you call them racist.  I guess I'm racist, because I don't adhere to your cookie-cutter view of life.  Open your eyes.  Not everyone is the same.  Celebrate diversity.

You are doing an excellent job in hiding that opinion.

I'm racist?  Lol... my last boyfriend was black.  Not only am I not a racist, but I'm not a sexist either.  I'm an equal opportunity dater, both gender and race wise.  Are you one too?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2005, 01:48:43 AM »

So by that brilliant, brilliant usage of logic (we call it rape in math), I'm NOT a racist because I also separate the races, but I say that they can inter-marry?

Truely brilliant.  Someone, give the man a cookie.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2005, 01:50:44 AM »

Oops, you thought you know more about me than I do? hahahahha

The "black friends" argument isn't an argument, it's reality. I don't want harm to come to black people. I actually want them to survive, which cannot happen if they all intermarry.

You support the destruction of all races, thus you are racist. Very simple.
Oh, this is classic.  First of all, as I have made clear, I do not believe in race in the first place, so the "destruction of all races" is complete and utter bullfeathers.  I'm not racist.  Your argument is just so flawed it's unbelievable.  You're one of those people who support "separate but equal" stuff aren't you?  "I love the black people, I don't want them to be harmed, just make sure they leave me alone!!"  Get over it.  Black people are just as human as you are, and there's no point in "preserving their race," which is hardly preserved considering that they're African-Americans, not Africans, which would be different, by your highly scientific genetic standards, unless you were just making that up while really thinking that all black people are the exact same genetically and thus should be seperated from whites.

Quote from: Restricted
Absolutely not.  The government just shouldn't go around poking its head in sports teams, however if a civil lawsuit came up I would agree with the person who wants to be in the team.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2005, 01:52:24 AM »

Oh, this is classic.  First of all, as I have made clear, I do not believe in race in the first place
Then pardon me for asking such a trivial question, but, if you don't believe in race, how can you believe in racism?  Isn't that like saying "I don't believe that plants exist, but I believe in growing wheat?"
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2005, 01:58:52 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2005, 02:02:41 AM by Porce »

No, I don't.  "Anyone but a white male"?  I am a white male.
Yeah, hence the mental disorder.
But I don't believe in an "anyone but white male" disorder.  So there is no mental disorder.

Thats like asking me which kind of dog is better than which one.  What for?  For athletics?  Probably blacks.  For resistance to sunburns?  Definitely blacks.  There is no absolute.  This is not a white or black case, but there is a lot of gray area.  There is no master race.  And there is no "better" race overall.  There is, however, advantages of certain skin colors.
So let's segregate them?  Great logic, buddy.

That isn't racism, dumbass, that's just a sports team that is disproportionately in favor of one race.  Unless these teams ONLY accept blacks/Asians, there isn't anything wrong with it, nor is it racism.[/quote]
It adheres to what the dictionary defines as racism, so I'll believe it.  You're discriminating based on race, and that is racism.  Would you like an immigrant to teach you your own lagnauge?
Uh, you're not being specific enough.  As I stated, a black team is only racist if it says that whites can't join it.  I don't understand the last sentence, however.  Would I like an immigrant to teach me English?  Huh?

I don't believe any of that, you racist scumbag.[/quote]
Here we go again with the name calling.
"Mental disorder"?  "Inferior complex"?  Talk about name calling.  I didn't make any personal pledge against name calling, so if you're attempting to say I'm a hypocrite than you may as well end right there.

I lost no arguments.  If anything, nobody lost any arguments yet, because the thread is not over.

I'll celebrate diversity by letting people of different "races" talk to each other, marry each other, and go to school together, rather than say "You can't associate with me because your skin is too dark!"  "Open your eyes"?  How about you open your eyes and stop trying to defend racists before becoming one yourself?

You are doing an excellent job in hiding that opinion.
I openly stated it.  You may continue to assume I hate white males, but that would make you an idiot.

I'm racist?  Lol... my last boyfriend was black.  Not only am I not a racist, but I'm not a sexist either.  I'm an equal opportunity dater, both gender and race wise.  Are you one too?
You're certainly racist, or at least have strands of it, when you say "RACISM CAN BE GOOD."  'Equal oppurtunity dating' has nothing to do with broad race arguments, but thanks for bringing personal life into the debate.  I am a straight person, hence, I am not attracted to other males, however I would freely date women of any race.  But again, personal politics.  It was very unwise to bring it into the debate.  Note that I never accused you of being sexist, however you accused me of being sexist, at least partially, by saying that I feel white males are inferior and must be punished.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2005, 02:01:13 AM »

Oh, this is classic.  First of all, as I have made clear, I do not believe in race in the first place
Then pardon me for asking such a trivial question, but, if you don't believe in race, how can you believe in racism?  Isn't that like saying "I don't believe that plants exist, but I believe in growing wheat?"
Saying I don't believe in race but I do believe that racism exists is not contradictory.  The racism of other people is evident, and  I admit that it exists, however I myself do not believe there is such a thing as "race," but rather, "culture."

Your analogy to wheat does your argument no justice.  Racism is a philosophy which I do not agree with; race is a tool, on which racism is based, to seperate humans that I believe should not exist.  They are not the same thing.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2005, 02:04:19 AM »

Riddle me this Percy: why do Kenyans win every major marathon?

Their "culture?"

LOL
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2005, 02:07:43 AM »

But I don't believe in an "anyone but white male" disorder.  So there is no mental disorder.
Keep telling yourself that, and you may actually believe it...  Oh wait...

I didn't say that, did I?  I didn't even imply that.  Once again,  you amaze us with your absolute amazing grib you have on logic.  You're on one side, logic on the other.  Who will win?!  Who will reign supreme??

Now then, lets get back to my point: certain races have built in advantages due to skin color.  That was my point.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Anything you read into it about segregation came from your very creative but very tiny mind.

My original point was that a Black Football team is NOT A BAD THING even if they do decide to forbid white people from joining.  There is such a thing as FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION.  There is *nothing* wrong with it.

English is my fourth language.  I seem to have a more solid grip on what some words mean than you.  I'm offering to teach you your own language.

Well, yes, I guess one could see it that way.  You couldn't even make an argument, so there was none to loose.

Now I'm becoming a racist?  Geez guy, make up your mind already.  Didn't you already pass judgment that I'm a racist?  What?  What will it be?

I'll celebrate diveristy in my own way.  AuH2O will celebrate it in his own way.  What we expect is for you, one who doesn't believe in race or racism, to quit calling us racist (something you don't believe in) merely because you can't seem to understand that we don't agree with you.

SEXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.  I'm now accusing you of being sexist.  If you can accuse AuH2O of being racist because he refuse to date black women, I sure as hell can accuse you of being sexist for refusing to date guys.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2005, 02:08:32 AM »

Their "culture?"

LOL
Kenyan athletes could have a better diet than athletes of other "races," which inevitably makes them healthier.  Kenyans on average also have better muscles, but Pygmies don't, however both are African; I suppose we should divide Kenyans and Pygmies into seperate races now.  No, they can't inter-marry now.  We've made progress!

I love how you didn't respond to anything else in the post.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2005, 02:10:52 AM »

We're at a total loss of words at your "race" doesn't exist and how you don't believe in "race" but "racism" exists because "racism" is discriminating against, ... err, ... ... ??  ...__?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2005, 02:12:37 AM »

Their "culture?"

LOL
Kenyan athletes could have a better diet than athletes of other "races," which inevitably makes them healthier.  Kenyans on average also have better muscles, but Pygmies don't, however both are African; I suppose we should divide Kenyans and Pygmies into seperate races now.  No, they can't inter-marry now.  We've made progress!

LOL

BETTER DIETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT OOOH THOSE MUST BE *SECRET* DIETS THAT AMERICANS ARE TOO STUPID TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol wow, you are the dumbest person I've ever seen with the ability (apparently) to use a computer.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2005, 02:13:44 AM »

Their "culture?"

LOL
Wouldn't you say old chap, that if Ebowed can accuse you of being racist for refusing to date black women, that I can accuse him of being sexist for refusing to date other guys?

Of course, his excuse for refusing to date other guys is that he is straight (a preference), and that somehow excuses him from his plain disgusting sexism.

BUT, your racism is NOT excused by the same preference to stick to your own race.  YOU MUST be open to date black women, but he is somehow exempt from dating other guys.

He doesn't make a whole lot of sense, doesn't he?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2005, 02:16:00 AM »

Keep telling yourself that, and you may actually believe it...  Oh wait...
It is you who keeps telling yourself that I am anti-white male.

You talked about differences in skin colors, as if they actually meant anything.  My response to that section was in jest.

See above

That's a matter of personal opinion, and we will have to agree to disagree.

Thanks, but no thanks, "Where does your priorities lie?"

I agree there were none to loose, but I had one to lose, and I did not lose it.

I'm implied that you either are a racist or are becoming one throughout my posts, and I stand by those statements.  I do believe that your racist remarks may have been more to defend a fellow Republican than anything else.

I stated that I do believe racism exists, but I don't agree with the philosophy behind it.  Clearly racism exists.

I knew that was coming.  Good thing it makes your argument look worse.

That isn't the same thing.  There is a clear consensus that there are two types of genders; nobody can seem to agree on a clear decision of just how many races there are.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2005, 02:17:33 AM »

Their "culture?"

LOL
Wouldn't you say old chap, that if Ebowed can accuse you of being racist for refusing to date black women, that I can accuse him of being sexist for refusing to date other guys?

Of course, his excuse for refusing to date other guys is that he is straight (a preference), and that somehow excuses him from his plain disgusting sexism.

BUT, your racism is NOT excused by the same preference to stick to your own race.  YOU MUST be open to date black women, but he is somehow exempt from dating other guys.

He doesn't make a whole lot of sense, doesn't he?

lol not at all.

Apparently, and I'm reaching here, he believes there are different sexes, but not different races, except in people's imagination? [edit- maybe there are races but since no one knows the exact number, we are supposed to pretend they don't exist???]

So it's rational to like only one sex but irrational to like one race?

I mean I shouldn't make arguments for him, may as well drop feces on the keyboard, but reading his posts can give you a headache.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2005, 02:20:27 AM »

Only two types of sexes?  Lol.  Ever heard of hermaphrodites?  What about males with breasts (opebo's ladyboys)?  Come on.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2005, 02:22:08 AM »

We're at a total loss of words at your "race" doesn't exist and how you don't believe in "race" but "racism" exists because "racism" is discriminating against, ... err, ... ... ??  ...__?
What's with all this "we" stuff?  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you and Goldie were the same people.  That would explain a lot.

Racism exists because it is a philosophy that many people use to discriminate against people that they think are inferior.  I PERSONALLY DO NOT AGREE WITH IT.  See how this works?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2005, 02:23:44 AM »

So you're saying believing in race is a philosophy?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2005, 02:27:03 AM »

Racism exists because it is a philosophy that many people use to discriminate against people that they think are inferior.  I PERSONALLY DO NOT AGREE WITH IT.  See how this works?
No no no no.  Your definition is off.  Racism isn't a philosophy anymore than sexism is.  Regardless, racism can be used to discriminate against people they someone thinks is inferior, but not necessarily.

I don't think anyone is inferior, but I see definite differences between the races.  As a paramedic, when I see a white guy's skin very red, my first though would be sunburn.  If it was a black guy, my first thought wouldn't be sunburn, but rather some sort of rash.

There is simply no difference between discriminating against people based on color or on sex.  One is racism, one is sexism.  Both are preferences.  Your condemnation of Au while refusing to condemn your own preferences for women is hypocritical.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2005, 06:03:46 AM »

Rather than reply section-by-section to the remaining posts, I'll just finish my thoughts in numbered form:

1.) I find it rather coincidental that I'm being condemned as a anti-male sexist (rather jestfully, I hope), when, in abortion threads, people have said that I hate women.

2.) I do not have an anti-white male bias.  Why, my father is a white male, as are both of my grandfathers (both of whom are deceased).

3.) There are differences between people, I concede this, though I never said it was not so.  I just do not find them significant enough to classify them into seperate groups.  That's all there is to it.

4.) If I, as heterosexual, am sexist, so is everyone else who is not a bisexual.

5.) Believing in race is a philosophy, yes, just as believing that all humans are equal and shouldn't be seperated into different groups because their differences are significant is also a philosophy.

6.) Preferring one sex to the other does not make a person sexist, and neither does preferring a "race" make one racist.  I apologize for saying that both of you are racists.  However, I do not believe that prohibiting inter-racial marriage is fair and it should always be legal.  (In my ideal world, the government would have nothing to do with marriage in the first place.  That would clean up this gay marriage issue.)

7.) I believe it is a racist comment to say that marrying or dating a black man is a "good way" to get AIDS.  (This one belongs in the other thread.)

8.) That is all.  Also, NO WHITE MALE BIAS.  This one bugs me to no end.  I have never been accused of hating white males before and it thoroughly perplexes me how I could be accused of this.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2005, 06:34:05 AM »

It is ackward that a racist would start a thread complaining about racism.

Good for you Philip.. it isn't often that we agree.

What's wrong with an 'anti-white' speach, AuH2O?  I suppose it is unfair to blame all whites just because the ruling class is white, but I imagine the speaker would recognize class distinctions when assigning responsibility.  And lastly, of course, even the most working class white does benefit a little from being the same colour as the rulers, relative to working class blacks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies