White students riot against racist NJ Sec. of State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 07:26:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  White students riot against racist NJ Sec. of State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: White students riot against racist NJ Sec. of State  (Read 6562 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2005, 07:40:15 AM »

Does anybody know what this NJ Sec. of State actually said?

If she made anti-white comments, she deserved the reaction she got.   Hate is a two-way street.  The politically correct double standard has to go.  It's time for white people to stop accepting this s**t from blacks, or on behalf of blacks by self-hating whites.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2005, 09:22:58 AM »

Couple thoughts:

1) Ebowed is pretty brilliant-- he shockingly revealed his father was MALE. lol

What that has to do with the issue I have no idea.

2) Actually, I rather like it when garbage like Thomas starts spouting off anti-white diatribes. That makes it perfectly clear even to tuned-out people that "equality" is a one-way street where whites have to surrender to whatever minority is whining at the time.

If only crazy black people would go to every school using racial slurs against white students. As it is, though, white conciousness is rising, which is good for whites in the long-run, but quite dangerous for everyone in the shorter-run.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2005, 01:02:28 PM »

Couple thoughts:

Today, that can't just be assumed.  I know one lesbian who is referred to as "daddy."
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2005, 01:16:27 PM »

Couple thoughts:

What that has to do with the issue I have no idea.

2) Actually, I rather like it when garbage like Thomas starts spouting off anti-white diatribes. That makes it perfectly clear even to tuned-out people that "equality" is a one-way street where whites have to surrender to whatever minority is whining at the time.

If only crazy black people would go to every school using racial slurs against white students. As it is, though, white conciousness is rising, which is good for whites in the long-run, but quite dangerous for everyone in the shorter-run.

Look Goldie, I generally don't agree with you about a lot, but you make some good points.  The current standard, supported by many liberal whites, under which it is OK for blacks to practice racism against whites, but not the other way around, will eventually lead to a very nasty backlash among whites who, lest we forget, remain a strong majority.

Politically correct people who support this double standard are playing with fire, in my opinion.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2005, 01:20:05 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2005, 01:51:20 PM by opebo »

That makes it perfectly clear even to tuned-out people that "equality" is a one-way street where whites have to surrender to whatever minority is whining at the time.

Well of course!  Whites are the race which rules the country, and blacks are the oppressed race.  To move from inequality to equality always means the more powerful person has to give something up, or have it taken from him.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2005, 01:41:31 PM »

That was low.
Cashcow

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2005, 04:02:28 PM »

No. Living ten miles from Camden, I would love to see a transcript, though.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2005, 04:23:23 PM »

No, and I'm consciously avoiding making any comments either way until I find out what she did say.  I hate it when all I hear are opinions of an event and then am expected to form my own opinion of the event purely based on the opinions that I've heard.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2005, 04:40:09 PM »

That makes it perfectly clear even to tuned-out people that "equality" is a one-way street where whites have to surrender to whatever minority is whining at the time.

Whites are the race which rules the country, and blacks are the oppressed race. 

That was the single most offensive post on all four pages of this thread
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2005, 04:53:12 PM »

Whites are the race which rules the country, and blacks are the oppressed race. 

That was the single most offensive post on all four pages of this thread

It is an offensive situation, at least to the blacks.  But nevertheless it is quite apparent.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2005, 05:07:49 PM »

When your twin Richius keeps going on and on about how I hate white males, it's a point that may need to be said.

Either way, I take back my apology to you.  All negative comments I have made about you stand.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2005, 05:09:10 PM »

seems that race issues have been occuring with increasing frequency in the general politics subsection of the forum lately.  And they're always about black/white relationships.  I'm glad I'm either white or black, because otherwise I'd feel left out.  I'm white by the way.

"I'm so white, in fact, that during the riots I went out and bought a TV."
    --Bobby Hill

I, for one, like a good racist joke.  As long as it's funny.  and I don't really get too uptight about whether it's whitefolk talking trash about whitefolk, Koreans talking about Koreans, or Blacks talking about blacks.  I think what really bothers people is not so much a good old-fashioned racist joke, or even a generalized racist statement, but more the fact that a Democrat never gets grief over such statements while republicans always do.  The remedy, according to most republicans, is to go into attack mode and make sure the Democrats are equally demonized.  I'm not the typical republican.  I say the remedy is to just sit back, relax, and enjoy it.  Instead of demonizing democrats, just ask them to stop demonizing republicans.  That takes away the onus of a double-standard without resorting to censorship.  Everybody wins.

To misquote the feminazis:  "Keep your laws offa my jokes!"

I suppose that these students are overreacting, but their overreaction is understandable.  She has since come out as contrite and apologitic, as I understand the story, and unless she started calling folks "cracker" or went into some hard-core anti-European Peoples diatribe, my inclination is to roll with the punches.  As for the Regina's specific comments, many versions abound, as there is no official transcript, according to the Philadelphia enquirer.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2005, 05:36:19 PM »

Riddle me this Percy: why do Kenyans win every major marathon?

Their "culture?"

LOL

To an extent, yes. 

What's so special about a country, genetically, that was created less than 45 years ago?  Why don't the bordering countries also produce marathon winners, if it's purely a matter of genetics? 

Some of it has to do with the value and respect given to marathon runners in Kenya.  Some of it has to with that there isn't a particulary good highway system and cars are rarer in Kenya.  People have to walk or run to get anyplace.

Some of it has to do with climate; there is no snow at lower altitudes to bog people down.  It's a sunny relatively flat country that is ideal for running (unlike Norway, for example).

There are a lot of other factors than genetics; genetics might not even be a major.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2005, 05:57:20 PM »

hey, let's pass a law saying blacks are no longer allowed to use the word "white" ever.  And whites are no longer allowed to use the word "black" ever.   

Even better, let's just repeal the entire first amendment.  That would solve all these problems.  I'm going to draft a letter to my congressman right away.  Who's with me?

Common boys and girls, where's your sense of civic responsibility?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2005, 07:43:09 PM »

Here is the most information I could find on this speech so far:

Politician's Speech Sparks Racial Furor At High School
Secretary Says She Is Distraught To Hear She Harmed Anyone

HADDONFIELD, N.J. -- A speech by a top New Jersey state official is causing an uproar at a local Catholic school.

Some parents and students think the remarks were racist and incited racist activity among the students.

Paul VI High School is predominantly white. Now, the Diocese of Camden and the local police are investigating possible racial threats against some African-American students at the school.

It all started last week when New Jersey Secretary of State Regina Thomas went to the school and gave a speech on racial justice.

Many students, faculty and parents said the speech was very confrontational, unprofessional and disrespectful.

"You're watching your back every second because you're scared," said Kristen Minoh, an African-American student.

"(My friend) had a crumpled piece of paper in her locker that said, 'KKK all the way,'" said another African-American female student.

Students at the school said racial tensions skyrocketed after last Monday's speech. Flyers featuring Thomas' picture and the words "Civil Rights for All" and "Discrimination Ends Here," were circulated throughout the school.

"I got a kind of a threat on my phone, where somebody said, 'I didn't appreciate the assembly,' and 'It's not going to be me, but there's going to be big problems in the school,'" said Sescily Coney, an African-American student.

Many of the white students condemned the flyers but believed the secretary's speech sparked the backlash.

"We were basically, like, accused of being racist (by the secretary)," a white student said.

"The point where she had to raise her voice and speak to us in more of a less casual tone, I guess, I thought was pretty inappropriate," said Allie McCrindle, a white student.

Even faculty members were taken aback by what they called an overly confrontational and disrespectful approach.

"It's unfortunate, because I don't think many people would argue with the fundamentals of the speech. It's just that the approach and the manner might have served, unfortunately, to undermine the key point," said Andrew Walton, of the Diocese of Camden.

Walton said that the diocese has received a number of complaints about the speech and that it would not tolerate the flyers.

African-American students took pride in the secretary's visit.

"It made us feel good. It made us feel at home. She said a lot of things that I've wanted to say for years. She said it for me," Minoh said.

NBC 10 reporter Cindy Hamill spoke with Thomas by phone Monday. The secretary of state said she was distraught to hear that she had harmed anyone. She said that her preacher-style might have been a little too much for ninth- and 10th-graders. She said her greatest regret is that she didn't reach the students and that she didn't make her point. She denied calling anyone racist.

____________________________________________-

I don't know what this woman said, but it's delightful to see political correctness come full circle.  Let others besides white males have to be careful about everything they say.  I'm sick of tired of blacks or other oppressed minorities being able to say anything they want, while we have lost effectively our freedom of speech.
cwelsch

« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2005, 08:03:23 PM »

I have trouble believing anybody outside a tiny fringe would ever seriously say "KKK all the way."
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2005, 08:08:53 PM »

I thought that too.  but read closely, these are children, not college students.  Seriously, there are kids who wear hammers and sickles on their Tees with no clue as to the real sociological significance.  I'm not defending their right to be dumbasses, since, as minors they have no rights outside what their parents allow, but you really need to keep that in mind. 

yeah, I'm being a bit of a hypocrit, as I posted similar sentiments above ("...I think they are overreacting...") but upon further reflection, I concentrate more on the fact that these are children in the racially charged environment of the Middle Atlantic.  I think the kneejerk posts are way off the mark, in this particular situation.

but hey, it makes for juicy copy, doesn't it??!

what's news without a little sensationalism.  Bring on FNC!
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2005, 09:31:45 PM »

Riddle me this Percy: why do Kenyans win every major marathon?

Their "culture?"

LOL

To an extent, yes. 

What's so special about a country, genetically, that was created less than 45 years ago?  Why don't the bordering countries also produce marathon winners, if it's purely a matter of genetics? 

Some of it has to do with the value and respect given to marathon runners in Kenya.  Some of it has to with that there isn't a particulary good highway system and cars are rarer in Kenya.  People have to walk or run to get anyplace.

Some of it has to do with climate; there is no snow at lower altitudes to bog people down.  It's a sunny relatively flat country that is ideal for running (unlike Norway, for example).

There are a lot of other factors than genetics; genetics might not even be a major.

lol it doesn't matter what that area is CALLED, it still produces all the top runners.

It has nothing to do with culture and anyone with half a brain knows it. Americans and Westerners in general have every advantage... training, diet, everything.

no highways LOL all the top runners should be from the Congo. They have no highways AND have to deal with murdering hoards roaming the land.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2005, 09:33:53 PM »

When your twin Richius keeps going on and on about how I hate white males, it's a point that may need to be said.

Either way, I take back my apology to you.  All negative comments I have made about you stand.

I never saw an apology. But even if you did apologize, why should I care? If a dog barks at me, do I expect an apology? No.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2005, 12:38:12 AM »

I never saw an apology. But even if you did apologize, why should I care? If a dog barks at me, do I expect an apology? No.
You're a troll.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2005, 12:44:28 AM »

And you're an idiot. I'll take troll for $500 Alex...
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2005, 12:47:15 AM »

And you're an idiot. I'll take troll for $500 Alex...
Oh, I'm the idiot?  I focus your attention to the quote in my signature.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2005, 12:54:12 AM »

Actually that's not a quote, it's two comments taken out of context and spliced together, which is actually plaigarism except of course this is a mere internet forum.

When I say I'm smarter than you, I don't mean because of my particular views, I mean quite literally my IQ is a lot higher than yours. Granted, you probably are delusional enough to believe otherwise, but belief does not equate to reality.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2005, 12:59:49 AM »

Actually that's not a quote, it's two comments taken out of context and spliced together, which is actually plaigarism except of course this is a mere internet forum.
This is because of a 300 character limit in the signatures.  The quotes are not taken out of context, because they are complete sentences and were not sarcasm, jokes, or examples to things you disagree with.  The only sence in which they are 'spliced together' is the fact that they are in the same box quote, but they are, in fact, seperated, which you would notice if you had the slightest bit of intelligence.  And if it's plaigarism quoting posts at all may as well be banned.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Let me know what your IQ is.  Mine is 121, and if yours is higher then I'll concede on this point, though I never claimed to have a higher IQ than you; it was merely an axe you used to grind my posts when you had nothing worthwhile to say.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2005, 01:07:17 AM »

Based on the quote, it appears the statements were made with some relation to each other. They were not. I KNOW that, but that's not the way it appears. In other words, dishonesty on your part.

If you can't use a legitimate quote, then either don't do it, or admit you basically are misquoting me.

My IQ is between 136 and 138, depending on which test was more accurate. If you say yours is 121, I guess I'll believe you, but if that's true you are wasting the brain power in your possession.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies