This week's filthy Congressman: Dana Rohrabacher
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 03:22:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  This week's filthy Congressman: Dana Rohrabacher
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: This week's filthy Congressman: Dana Rohrabacher  (Read 1768 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2013, 05:44:17 PM »

His rental house makes Stockman's condemned office look decent by comparison. Yuck!

http://www.ocweekly.com/2013-12-19/news/moxley-confidential-dana-rohrabacher-robert-polyniak/
Link
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 05:58:34 PM »

There is so much trash in America.  I actually pay MORE on purpose when looking for hotels or restaurants to avoid dealing with lowlifes.  I remember getting a great deal on a hotel room at a Fairfield suites or something like that and had to eat my breakfast while looking at a family in their pajamas.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »

While admittedly unusual, what was bad about them having breakfast in their PJs?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 07:27:06 PM »

While admittedly unusual, what was bad about them having breakfast in their PJs?

They were talking about healthcare over fruit crepes!!!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 07:50:57 PM »

the boys were letting it all hang out
Link
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 07:56:31 PM »

Yes.  It is unusual for a reason.  What this Congressman did shows he has no self respect or respect for the office.  No woman with self respect would walk into a dining room in cheap pajama pants, a t-shirt, flip flops, a do rag, and what appeared to be a sheet wrapped around her.  My girlfriend won't even go run a quick errand without showering and putting on make up.  I constantly tell her I wouldn't date her if I thought she was unattractive without make up on but it doesn't matter.  For her she must always be presentable.

Anyway stick to weekday travel and pay a little more for a room.  Then all you will have is business types in suits and ties to look at in the dining room.  Far more pleasant.  It's not a guarantee.  Obviously this Congressman proves that but it does stack the odds in your favor.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 08:11:37 PM »

Yes.  It is unusual for a reason.  What this Congressman did shows he has no self respect or respect for the office.  No woman with self respect would walk into a dining room in cheap pajama pants, a t-shirt, flip flops, a do rag, and what appeared to be a sheet wrapped around her.  My girlfriend won't even go run a quick errand without showering and putting on make up.  I constantly tell her I wouldn't date her if I thought she was unattractive without make up on but it doesn't matter.  For her she must always be presentable.

A sheet wrapped around her is not PJs. (And why the sheet, if she had a shirt and pants?)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »

There is so much trash in America.  I actually pay MORE on purpose when looking for hotels or restaurants to avoid dealing with lowlifes.  I remember getting a great deal on a hotel room at a Fairfield suites or something like that and had to eat my breakfast while looking at a family in their pajamas.

You are disgustingly elitist. I regularly run errands in pajama bottoms.
Link
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 09:01:57 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2013, 09:06:52 PM by Link »

Lol.  You think I drive up to Canada and set up dress codes?  You think putting on a clean pair of $30 khakis to eat a meal makes me an "elitist"?

I don't know what sort of "errands" you are running but you read the description of the lady I was referring to.  She wasn't just wearing some flannel bottoms to run to the local farm store to buy some food for her pets.  She was sitting in a dining room eating breakfast at a hotel.  Gently remove the chip from your shoulder and discuss what was actually stated in the thread.
Link
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 09:06:20 PM »

A sheet wrapped around her is not PJs. (And why the sheet, if she had a shirt and pants?)

Maybe for modesty.  Maybe it was some acknowledgment on her part that she was wearing PJs where people were eating in public.  I mean a woman wearing a thin tshirt and no bra sitting under a/c can get even more awkward if there isn't more cover.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 09:39:39 PM »

Lol.  You think I drive up to Canada and set up dress codes?  You think putting on a clean pair of $30 khakis to eat a meal makes me an "elitist"?

I don't know what sort of "errands" you are running but you read the description of the lady I was referring to.  She wasn't just wearing some flannel bottoms to run to the local farm store to buy some food for her pets.  She was sitting in a dining room eating breakfast at a hotel.  Gently remove the chip from your shoulder and discuss what was actually stated in the thread.

You may have a point if it was a normal restaurant, but you're talking about a hotel restaurant. People sleep at hotels. It's not inconceivable that the family wanted to get some food in them before getting ready for the day, like they may do at home.
Link
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 09:42:06 PM »

This was published in Buffalo.  And we all know how classy and uptight people in Buffalo are.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.buffalonews.com/20130314/family_matters_pajama_pants_need_a_wake_up_call.html
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »

"We are normal, everyday people," said the owners of a million-dollar rental home.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2013, 10:12:16 PM »

had to eat my breakfast while looking at a family in their pajamas.

By any chance, was it a loud-mouthed, middle-aged man with yellow but greying hair, a Chinese woman (who could be anywhere between 18 and 80), and an unruly young boy?

That family is pretty obnoxious, and has been known to use interstate coupons for good deals on hotels which have free buffet breakfasts, and often eats that breakfast in pajamas (or wet swimsuits if there's a pool that opens early).  Filthy degenerates.

Link
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 10:39:02 PM »

By any chance, was it a loud-mouthed, middle-aged man with yellow but greying hair, a Chinese woman (who could be anywhere between 18 and 80), and an unruly young boy?

That family is pretty obnoxious, and has been known to use interstate coupons for good deals on hotels which have free buffet breakfasts, and often eats that breakfast in pajamas (or wet swimsuits if there's a pool that opens early).  Filthy degenerates.

No.  All Caucasian.  Most of my hotel stays have been confined to weekdays or resort towns frequented by people who shower and dress before appearing in public.  I actually was a bit surprised when I met my current GF and she would go on rants about people cruising around in their pajamas.  I thought it was a weird niche complaint.  I really didn't see it in my daily life.  I live in the hood but I leave my apartment and go straight to my car without lingering around too much taking in the sights.  I work and travel amongst people with reputations to maintain so suit and tie is standard... or at a minimum something other than what you woke up in.  Booking a hotel on the interstate to save some dough on a holiday weekend during a cross country road trip was a real eye opener.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »

Guess you should expect a woman who would marry a man named Dana to be a little kinky.

That's the sort of thing you expect from fly-by-night types in hole-in-the-wall apartments. Throwing trash bags full of clothes and personal belongings in the trunk of your car the day before rent's due and skipping town? Not the sort of thing a Republican who believes in personal responsibility would do.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, 10:52:26 PM »

No.  All Caucasian.  Most of my hotel stays have been confined to weekdays or resort towns frequented by people who shower and dress before appearing in public.  I actually was a bit surprised when I met my current GF and she would go on rants about people cruising around in their pajamas.  I thought it was a weird niche complaint.  I really didn't see it in my daily life.  I live in the hood but I leave my apartment and go straight to my car without lingering around too much taking in the sights.  I work and travel amongst people with reputations to maintain so suit and tie is standard... or at a minimum something other than what you woke up in.  Booking a hotel on the interstate to save some dough on a holiday weekend during a cross country road trip was a real eye opener.

Get yourself a kid or two and you too might find yourself cutting a few corners.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 11:20:34 PM »

Get yourself a kid or two and you too might find yourself cutting a few corners.

Word!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 11:28:17 PM »

Touche. Probably why I have no problem doing it. When I get home from the office, there's nothing better than changing into a pair of pajamas and relaxing with the family. Sometime the family needs milk. Why bother changing when the store is a block away?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 11:38:46 PM »

A mujaheddin folk singer Congressman is pretty awesome so I think I'll give him a pass on this.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 04:19:10 AM »

What kind of landlord asks a member of the United States House of Representatives to supply character references from his fellow Representatives?
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 04:41:18 AM »

Yes.  It is unusual for a reason.  What this Congressman did shows he has no self respect or respect for the office.  No woman with self respect would walk into a dining room in cheap pajama pants, a t-shirt, flip flops, a do rag, and what appeared to be a sheet wrapped around her.  My girlfriend won't even go run a quick errand without showering and putting on make up.  I constantly tell her I wouldn't date her if I thought she was unattractive without make up on but it doesn't matter.  For her she must always be presentable.

Anyway stick to weekday travel and pay a little more for a room.  Then all you will have is business types in suits and ties to look at in the dining room.  Far more pleasant.  It's not a guarantee.  Obviously this Congressman proves that but it does stack the odds in your favor.

I don't see what's obviously better about this. While I always giggle thinking about that Seinfeld scene where Jerry derides George for wearing sweatpants in public (this one), I think it depends on context. For instance, the right girl in the right pajamas in public is quite adorable. But is she with a normally dressed person? Now it becomes odd. Are they young (more acceptable) or old (less acceptable)? Are they with children at a hotel? That's an eyesore at most.

I think it's a little bit sad that your girlfriend is compelled to smear paste all over herself before greeting the world, even for a moment. What is she afraid of? It's a burden on her. Still, if she enjoys that, good luck to her. My partner never wears makeup and pretty much exclusively rocks the pj's around the house, and, within reason, around town. She also suffers from a number of afflictions and has decided that she wants to have that small comfort.

I guess my point is that you're unable to see where strangers in public are coming from, so maybe be a bit gentler when you decide they're all lazy miscreants. I also am willing to pay more when I travel to have a nicer place to commit my acts of defiance against the Lord and avoid less ..courteous.. strangers. But I also happen to know and love many a societal misfit, so I feel compelled to shrug my shoulders and brush off (and sometimes rejoice in) their disregard for pretty meaningless rules. Then again I've always felt less comfortable in a room full of penguins so feel free to ignore my observations Smiley
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 05:24:54 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2013, 08:43:31 AM by True Federalist »

I think if you can't even put on a proper pair of pants when you leave your home, you're just telling everyone that you don't give a f*** about society anymore. Next step is farting (loudly) in public and not giving a damn either.

EDIT: Just saw the Seinfeld link above. I guess I had stored that somewhere in the back of my mind...
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 05:35:18 AM »
« Edited: December 20, 2013, 08:43:53 AM by True Federalist »

I think if you can't even put on a proper pair of pants when you leave your home, you're just telling everyone that you don't give a f*** about society anymore.

Please objectively clarify why modern society deserves my available f***s and how this translates to the Unspoken Pants Standards I need to adhere to.

Smiley
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 05:38:29 AM »

I suppose it's just a matter of all of us adhering to certain societal standards...like showering, not picking your nose in public etc. Sweatpants and pj-bottoms straddle the line here. They're not as bad as running around in piss-stained undies but they're not exactly projecting a good image either. Of course if you don't care about that, great but I don't want to live in a world where everybody runs around in sweatpants.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies