49 state landslide either way. What are the last holdout states? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:07:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  49 state landslide either way. What are the last holdout states? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 49 state landslide either way. What are the last holdout states?  (Read 7734 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« on: December 17, 2013, 03:15:04 AM »

1) In a Presidential election held around now, a Republican wins 49 states against a Democrat. What is most likely to be the state that votes Democratic? (DC is not a state, but will obviously be the last electoral votes).

Vermont.  I don't see any of these people changing their minds. 

Although I suppose if a Republican won 49 states it must be a super moderate republican running against a disaster of a democrat, so I suppose I could see a scenario where the last holdout state would be Maryland simply because the combination of blacks that won't vote Republican + other minorities that won't vote Republican + non-moderate ultra party line liberals in Baltimore and Montgomery county would be just enough to push Democrats over the top even in a disaster election.

2) In a Presidential election held around now, a Democrat wins 49 states against a Republican. What is most likely to be that last state?

Maybe Mississippi - same reason as Maryland above but in reverse, even in an election where lots of moderates and Reagan Democrats help Democrats win states like Georgia, West Virginia, Utah, etc., I could see a lot of white holdouts simply because the voting is so racially polarized.

I don't think either of these scenarios is at all likely considering how polarized and party line elections are nowadays though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies