The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:46:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps!  (Read 170261 times)
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« on: May 04, 2020, 04:55:16 PM »

Anyone know when or if the 2020 scenario will be released?
There probably won't be one because the guy that made the website moved on and does other things with his life now IIRC
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 12:05:59 PM »

Okay, I played 2000 as Bush on Easy. I wanted to go for an extremely weird electoral map. With a very weird combo of answers, I present this map.

366-172.
How?
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 11:43:45 AM »

Hillary Clinton  211  28.5%
Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
By messing around with the game and spamming options that increase Libertarian Support, I managed to get a deadlocked EC in the new 2016 scenario playing as Hillary. The result said this: "No candidate secured a majority in the Electoral College. However, the Republicans won a majority in Congress and will elevate Trump to the Presidency. Time will tell how things go in that regard. As for you, a long and sometimes ambiguous political career seems to be coming to its end."
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 06:42:09 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
By messing around with the game and spamming options that increase Libertarian Support, I managed to get a deadlocked EC in the new 2016 scenario playing as Hillary. The result said this: "No candidate secured a majority in the Electoral College. However, the Republicans won a majority in Congress and will elevate Trump to the Presidency. Time will tell how things go in that regard. As for you, a long and sometimes ambiguous political career seems to be coming to its end."
can you give a little tutorial on how to screw around with the game like this?
When you select an option in the game and confirm it if it has an advisor prompt you can use your keyboard to repeat the response as much as you want with space or enter and it will keep affecting the game. Then when you're satisfied you can hit tab and open the map with space or enter then continue as normal with the wacky world you've made. (This is like a month later lol why did I take so long to respond to this)
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 06:55:21 PM »

Michael Dukakis  526  55.13%
George H.W. Bush  12  43.73%
This is my best result as Dukakis and I find it super interesting how close the popular vote is despite the Reaganesque landslide.
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 05:57:36 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
When you select an option in the game and confirm it if it has an advisor prompt you can use your keyboard to repeat the response as much as you want with space or enter and it will keep affecting the game. Then when you're satisfied you can hit tab and open the map with space or enter then continue as normal with the wacky world you've made. (This is like a month later lol why did I take so long to respond to this)

I tried that but it wouldn't let me continue the game after I hit it a few times. It's just locked in on the prompt after I hit enter a couple of times
Hit tab to move over to the show map button and hit enter to get rid of that problem
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 11:14:12 AM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
no matter what I do this breaks the game. I just get some black screen around the advisor box and I can't get out of it.
You just need to open the map by selecting it with tab. If it doesn't open at first then yeah, it'll break and you'll have to restart.
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 10:51:13 AM »

Played Gore and won with a fairly interesting map.
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2020, 01:11:25 PM »

I'm really hoping the 2020 scenario gets released soon. Who should the VP options be for both candidates?
Bernie/Warren/Harris/Klobuchar for Biden I'd assume. Maybe It'll just be his actual shortlist but I kinda doubt it.
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 03:37:19 PM »

One of the strangest games I've ever run. Played as Lincoln on impossible and tanked as hard as I could using the Advisor Exploit. Weirdest thing I noticed was Bell got -2 EC Votes in New Jersey.
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2021, 11:29:43 AM »

Used the advisor prompt exploit to repeat the Carter Playboy incident four or five times for a 60-39 Ford blowout:

Please explain.  I've heard of people editing the javascript to change the game's difficulty, which explains those really bizarre Nader and Wallace wins, but never heard of being able to pick which questions one gets.

Thanks for the response.  I've tried this and it doesn't seem to work.  Crashes the game every time.  Campaign dialogue box is too big to see where I'm going with the tab key. o_o
One press of tab to get to the open map button from confirm. That's the only place you need to go.
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 01:31:23 PM »

The best Hillary game I've ever played in 2016a (on easy)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies