The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:42:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps!  (Read 170269 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« on: July 24, 2018, 12:46:44 PM »

First off, has anybody won or thrown the election to the house as Wallace?

Second, on October, according to the site, all elections will be free for everybody to play regardless of if they had an account or not. That will make me addicted to the game all over again to try out different stuff

Proof
https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/premier-sunset/
Finally
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:25:55 AM »

Okay, so here is a 'hack' I found a month or so ago.

I'm the guy who got the ridiculous world record for Donald Trump on Normal. (all 50 states including DC, Popular Vote at 99.87%).

basically, I found a way to adjust the difficulty weightings for each setting.

Step 1: Pick any scenario, Presidential Candidate, and Vice Presidential Candidate

Step 2: before you select the difficulty setting, right click anywhere on the browser screen and click 'View Page Source'

Step 3: CTRL-F "difficulty" - you should get to this line. Copy that line

campaignTrail_temp.difficulty_level_json = JSON.parse("[{\"fields\": {\"multiplier\": 1.1, \"name\": \"Easy\"}, \"model\": \"campaign_trail.difficulty_level\", \"pk\": 1}, {\"fields\": {\"multiplier\": 0.97, \"name\": \"Normal\"}, \"model\": \"campaign_trail.difficulty_level\", \"pk\": 3}, {\"fields\": {\"multiplier\": 0.95, \"name\": \"Hard\"}, \"model\": \"campaign_trail.difficulty_level\", \"pk\": 4}, {\"fields\": {\"multiplier\": 0.9, \"name\": \"Impossible\"}, \"model\": \"campaign_trail.difficulty_level\", \"pk\": 5}]");

Step 4: Right click anywhere on the browse and click 'Inspect Element' . Go to the Console.

Step 5: paste the difficulty setting line onto the console, but before you press enter, feel free to adjust the numerical value of any of the difficulty settings.

For instance, if you want to make the game so effortlessly easy (basically, you have mind control powers on the entire nation), change the 'Easy' multiplier as follows

campaignTrail_temp.difficulty_level_json = JSON.parse("[{\"fields\": {\"multiplier\": 1000.1, \"name\": \"Easy\"}, \"model\": \"campaign_trail.difficulty_level\", \"pk\": 1}, {\"fields\": {\"multiplier\": 0.97, \"name\": \"Normal\"}, \"model\": \"campaign_trail.difficulty_level\", \"pk\": 3}, {\"fields\": {\"multiplier\": 0.95, \"name\": \"Hard\"}, \"model\": \"campaign_trail.difficulty_level\", \"pk\": 4}, {\"fields\": {\"multiplier\": 0.9, \"name\": \"Impossible\"}, \"model\": \"campaign_trail.difficulty_level\", \"pk\": 5}]");

note how I changed the number from '1.1' to '1000.1'

Step 6: Play the game on whatever difficulty setting you adjusted. Laugh at how ridiculous the results look like. If you don't want to interfere with the Hall of Fame results, just stick to adjusting the 'Easy' difficulty multiplier.

Using this trick, I've won games as George Wallace, Ralph Nader, etc (all 50 states too). Notably, if you do this in the 1860 scenario as Lincoln, you still won't win any of the southern states because he isn't on the ballot. A funny glitch occurs though where one of the other candidates gets negative electoral college votes.

It only makes DC Close if you notice it
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 07:21:44 AM »

Inspired by the "Dixie Surprise" thread on this board. Edited the javascript and played as George Wallace (D) vs Richard Nixon (R) in 1968.  I did this by removing Humphrey under the candidates list and increasing the campaign difficult multiplier by 5. There's some good instructions on the Alt History thread for the same game for more instructions.

40% states were within a percent. Closest state was PA, which was decided by 2644 votes (0.06%)

George Wallace / Happy Chandler (Dem) - 319 electoral votes - 54.8% popular vote
Richard Nixon / Spiro Agnew (Rep) - 219 electoral votes - 45.2% popular vote

Can u provide a link, since I can't find the alt history thread of this
https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/the-campaign-trail-game-has-returned.320130/page-116

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 04:02:49 PM »

It seems like all modes are easy when your playing the 1988 election lol. I have no idea why these chose this over 1992 or why they chose 1916 over 1912
I think the reason why the maker of the campaign trail did 1916 over 1912 is because he didn't want to make third parties.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 07:04:34 AM »

It seems like all modes are easy when your playing the 1988 election lol. I have no idea why these chose this over 1992 or why they chose 1916 over 1912
I think the reason why the maker of the campaign trail did 1916 over 1912 is because he didn't want to make third parties.

Yeah for some reason the 1968 scenario seems a bit broken with Wallace as a third party.  When playing as Nixon or Humphrey, you still sometimes get prompts aimed towards Wallace.
yeah, and as humphrey you can sabotage Nixon's campaign by having him run far-right on economics. that's how I got my massive victory a few posts above
I wish we could create scenarios
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 08:03:04 AM »

I wish he would come up with different scenarios
He has a life now.
Continential