The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:29:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48
Author Topic: The Campaign Trail: Post Your Maps!  (Read 168184 times)
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: September 22, 2020, 11:29:14 PM »

1896 as William Jennings Bryan:

William McKinley   332   7,218,566   51.9%
William Jennings Bryan   79   5,872,320   42.2%
John Palmer   36   816,502   5.9%

I made no concessions whatsoever towards Jim Crow but defended sugar tariffs, which presumably kept Florida and Louisiana in the Democratic column.
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #1101 on: September 24, 2020, 11:43:45 AM »

Hillary Clinton  211  28.5%
Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
By messing around with the game and spamming options that increase Libertarian Support, I managed to get a deadlocked EC in the new 2016 scenario playing as Hillary. The result said this: "No candidate secured a majority in the Electoral College. However, the Republicans won a majority in Congress and will elevate Trump to the Presidency. Time will tell how things go in that regard. As for you, a long and sometimes ambiguous political career seems to be coming to its end."
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1102 on: September 24, 2020, 07:17:41 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
By messing around with the game and spamming options that increase Libertarian Support, I managed to get a deadlocked EC in the new 2016 scenario playing as Hillary. The result said this: "No candidate secured a majority in the Electoral College. However, the Republicans won a majority in Congress and will elevate Trump to the Presidency. Time will tell how things go in that regard. As for you, a long and sometimes ambiguous political career seems to be coming to its end."

Lol third party winning popular vote
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1103 on: September 24, 2020, 09:50:47 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
can you give a little tutorial on how to screw around with the game like this?
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1104 on: September 24, 2020, 10:02:16 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%

Trump winning Delaware.
538Electoral

« Reply #1105 on: September 25, 2020, 04:41:17 AM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%

Trump winning Delaware.

How I wish that could happen this year so I can see even Biden's home state blow up in his face!
Turbo Flame

« Reply #1106 on: October 02, 2020, 04:43:32 PM »

I replicated the same map as George W. Bush with John Danforth as running mate back at the start of the new year.

https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1237727
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1107 on: October 02, 2020, 11:19:18 PM »

I replicated the same map as George W. Bush with John Danforth as running mate back at the start of the new year.

https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1237727
That year's probably one of the easier to replicate the same map.
diptheriadan

« Reply #1108 on: October 03, 2020, 11:16:34 PM »

Managed to win the popular vote as Trump in the new 2016: https://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/1636043
diptheriadan

« Reply #1109 on: October 14, 2020, 05:45:39 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2020, 05:56:57 PM by diptheriadan »

Got a really weird Bryan/Sewell win in 1896:

Closest state was Minnesota, followed by Illinois, then Ohio. All were decided by less than a percentage point.
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #1110 on: October 14, 2020, 06:42:09 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
When you select an option in the game and confirm it if it has an advisor prompt you can use your keyboard to repeat the response as much as you want with space or enter and it will keep affecting the game. Then when you're satisfied you can hit tab and open the map with space or enter then continue as normal with the wacky world you've made. (This is like a month later lol why did I take so long to respond to this)
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #1111 on: October 14, 2020, 06:55:21 PM »

Michael Dukakis  526  55.13%
George H.W. Bush  12  43.73%
This is my best result as Dukakis and I find it super interesting how close the popular vote is despite the Reaganesque landslide.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #1112 on: October 14, 2020, 07:02:49 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
When you select an option in the game and confirm it if it has an advisor prompt you can use your keyboard to repeat the response as much as you want with space or enter and it will keep affecting the game. Then when you're satisfied you can hit tab and open the map with space or enter then continue as normal with the wacky world you've made. (This is like a month later lol why did I take so long to respond to this)
This is amazing thank you.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #1113 on: October 14, 2020, 07:38:29 PM »

"As for you, a long and sometimes ambiguous political career seems to be coming to its end."

That's a harsh end-game message for the guy who just won a plurality of the popular vote.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1114 on: October 19, 2020, 05:24:43 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%

I tried that but it wouldn't let me continue the game after I hit it a few times. It's just locked in on the prompt after I hit enter a couple of times
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1115 on: October 19, 2020, 05:28:44 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%

I tried that but it wouldn't let me continue the game after I hit it a few times. It's just locked in on the prompt after I hit enter a couple of times
It occasionally glitches out like that. You just have to restart. That's what happened to me when I got a 50 state Pat Buchanan sweep in 2000
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #1116 on: October 19, 2020, 05:57:36 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%

Hit tab to move over to the show map button and hit enter to get rid of that problem
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1117 on: October 24, 2020, 09:11:10 PM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
no matter what I do this breaks the game. I just get some black screen around the advisor box and I can't get out of it.
Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #1118 on: October 26, 2020, 11:14:12 AM »

Donald Trump  197  35.7%
Gary Johnson  130  35.8%
no matter what I do this breaks the game. I just get some black screen around the advisor box and I can't get out of it.
You just need to open the map by selecting it with tab. If it doesn't open at first then yeah, it'll break and you'll have to restart.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1119 on: October 29, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »

Donald Trump/Chris Christie 50.3%
Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine 44.0%

Snazzrazz Mazzlejazz
SlothbearXTB
Rookie

« Reply #1120 on: October 30, 2020, 10:51:13 AM »

Played Gore and won with a fairly interesting map.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1121 on: October 30, 2020, 05:54:45 PM »

Played Gore and won with a fairly interesting map.
At least he won some of the South this time
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #1122 on: October 30, 2020, 11:19:54 PM »

Is the site down for anyone else?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1123 on: October 30, 2020, 11:40:09 PM »

Is the site down for anyone else?
Hopefully this means the 2020 scenario is coming out
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1124 on: November 07, 2020, 08:33:55 PM »

Does anybody have any idea when the 2020 scenario will be released? I know the person in charge is working very diligently to get it out, but the FAQ says "Think late-September or early-October." However, it's probably soon since we now know who has won.

If anybody has any idea when it'll be released, please tell everybody because I guarantee I'm not the only one wondering! Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies