MI-Gov, PPP: Snyder in the lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:15:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI-Gov, PPP: Snyder in the lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Gov, PPP: Snyder in the lead  (Read 3039 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:17:02 AM »
« edited: December 10, 2013, 12:04:23 PM by krazen1211 »

Link

Snyder 44
Schauer 40

Great news! Snyder is certainly soaring in the polls as a result of Schauercare. And of course his excellent busting of those unions in Detroit before they harm the people.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »

Schauercare? What is it?
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44:50 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2013, 10:11:10 AM by Sawx. »

Called it.

Thankfully the biggest problem seems to be that the Dems have no name recognition. If Schauer can get his ass in gear before Snyder can define him, he's got this. I'm still pretty confident.

@Windjammer - Krazen is being Krazen again. Schauercare is Obamacare.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 10:25:15 AM »

Misspelling Snyder's name is a pretty good indicator why krazey wasn't his teacher's favorite pet.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »

Snyder is a very strong candidate still, and his approvals are improving. I have a feeling Schauer is going to lose this.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 12:37:21 PM »

An incumbent governor at 44% against a candidate no one's heard of is hardly anything to celebrate...
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2013, 02:14:19 PM by dmmidmi »

Link

Snyder 44
Schauer 40

Great news! Snyder is certainly soaring in the polls as a result of Schauercare. And of course his excellent busting of those unions in Detroit before they harm the people.

So, the Nerd--who gets all kinds of free publicity, and gets to tout his public accomplishments on TV regularly--is barely leading someone nobody has heard of, outside of the margin of error. How is this great news for him?

Before the poll came out, I expected Snyder's lead to be in the 6-8 point range.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 12:29:24 AM »

This poll is actually better for Schauer than the other ones I've seen.

Still think this Tilts R though.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 12:47:28 AM »

Weren't you bragging about how Snyder was ahead by 14 points? This looks like quite a drop for him, considering you wholeheartedly embraced the other poll...
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 01:10:16 AM »

Weren't you bragging about how Snyder was ahead by 14 points? This looks like quite a drop for him, considering you wholeheartedly embraced the other poll...

He is disappointed. That's why he moved it down from "Dominating!" to "Great News!".
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 07:13:36 AM »

"The Snyder leads are absurd" my ass.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »

The lead is weak. Because the 2014 midterm in Michigan will have everything but a hot Presidential race, it should have a high participation rate which would work badly for Republicans. The Republican-dominated State Legislature is extremely unpopular. The unions will be out for bear elephant in an election that they believe that they must win.

An incumbent governor at 44% against a candidate no one's heard of is hardly anything to celebrate...

Most telling, his approval rate is at 42%. Medicaid roll-out? President Obama will get the credit more than will Governor Snyder.

Rick Snyder has yet to show that he can win except against a weak opponent in an R wave election. Nate Silver has shown that incumbents have about a 50% chance of winning re-election when their approval rating is about 44% because they usually show why they got elected. Below 44% they usually show that electing them the last time was a mistake.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »

I don't think anyone said that. But the Snyder 14 point lead was most definitely absurd.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »

I don't think anyone said that. But the Snyder 14 point lead was most definitely absurd.

A lot of people said that, and yes the 14 point lead was absurd but people were actually saying a more realistic 2-6 point lead was absurd.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 04:47:24 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/12/michigan_legislature_approves_1.html

Snyder will likely be sharing the ballot with rape insurance referendum I expect him to go down along with it.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, 06:14:52 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/12/michigan_legislature_approves_1.html

Snyder will likely be sharing the ballot with rape insurance referendum I expect him to go down along with it.

He may make it crystal clear that he's in total opposition to the referendum. He did veto this exact bill a year ago. If this referendum is less popular than he is (which I completely expect it to be), there's no way he'd embrace it--especially since he didn't the first time.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, 09:50:31 PM »

He may make it crystal clear that he's in total opposition to the referendum. He did veto this exact bill a year ago. If this referendum is less popular than he is (which I completely expect it to be), there's no way he'd embrace it--especially since he didn't the first time.

Even if he distances himself from it, there remains the possibility that the referendum will draw people (specifically young single women) to the polls who would not ordinarily turn out in a non-presidential year. Couple that with possible marijuana and gay marriage referendums bringing out young voters, Snyder would be in big trouble.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »

Even if he distances himself from it, there remains the possibility that the referendum will draw people (specifically young single women) to the polls who would not ordinarily turn out in a non-presidential year. Couple that with possible marijuana and gay marriage referendums bringing out young voters, Snyder would be in big trouble.

Not to mention the Unions who will coming to vote against Snyder in droves because of the RTW bill he signed that was forced through earlier this year. The Dems will hang this rape insurance around the neck of every Republican running no matter if they support it or don't. And what happens if Snyder comes out strongly against this something a lot Republicans probably support, he'll be seen as a RINO and they won't come and vote for him. In my view Snyder is toast this race is Lean D as I see it.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 07:48:01 AM »

Snyder and Schauer are tied at 42% in the 18-45 crowd, and Schauer only leads Snyder among women 43-37. Higher turnout probably won't be enough.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »

New Poll: Michigan Governor by Public Policy Polling on 2013-12-08

Summary: D: 40%, R: 44%, U: 16%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »