MI-Sen, PPP: Land in the lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:27:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI-Sen, PPP: Land in the lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Sen, PPP: Land in the lead  (Read 8089 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:56:49 AM »

To think all those pathetic establishment hacks were trashing Land for months. I think if Snyder wins cleanly (5+) and the Pubs have a good national environment, this is a winnable race. However PVI will be a weight on Land, which is why I'd still say Lean D for now. It would be 53.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:28:04 AM »

The last PPP poll in October had Peters up 43-36. That said, IO has a point.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 11:23:52 PM »

Vosem: a few points. They're tied, and given that MI is Dem federally the undecided will probably break for Peters. We've seen this in many Senate races over the past 2 cycles (CA/CT 2010, CT/MA 2012) and will see it again on both sides. Land could win in a perfect storm but I don't see it happening.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »

George Heartwell, Mayor of Grand Rapids, has formally endorsed Gary Peters: http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/12/grand_rapids_mayor_george_hear_21.html

While the endorsement probably won't change a whole lot of minds, this definitely isn't a good omen for Land's campaign. GR is her back yard, and if the state GOP and West Michigan civic and business leaders felt confident in her campaign, Heartwell may have stepped out of the way. George is a smart guy--he knows who runs GR (not him), and he knows who he could upset by doing this.

I lived in GR for a while, and I always thought Heartwell was a Republican at heart (even though he ran as an Independent). This comes as somewhat of a surprise.

Is it about Land, Peters or Pubs? I have a hard time imagining Rogers or Miller (who'd never give up their current seats) doing any better.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies