Guidelines about what threads are appropriate on the Individual Politics Board (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:46:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Guidelines about what threads are appropriate on the Individual Politics Board (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guidelines about what threads are appropriate on the Individual Politics Board  (Read 43281 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: December 15, 2013, 11:25:27 AM »

Can we get the official list of topics we're still allowed to discuss on this forum? It might be easier to go about it that way.

Okay, here is the list :

1. Kitties
2. Puppies
3. Other Nice Things Everybody Likes
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 10:44:20 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2013, 10:51:45 AM by Flawless Victory »

Anyway, just thought I'd comment on this thread.

I can certainly understand how threads on these sorts of things can lead to some unsavory comments made of certain controversial nature that can trigger unpleasant emotions in people who are members thereof.  However, unlike the moderator who has come on here to defend his regime, I would say that if anything this rationale is more a reason why these types of threads should not only be allowed, but be encouraged.  There are quite a few people on here, I am quite convinced, who are natural bigots who use the guise of enlightenment and supporting "the right side" to mask their bigotry.  Threads asking about these sorts of things is an easy way to out them, though if they are wise they will refrain from revealing their hate filled supremacist view of the world.
As it is, they get away with too much in general discussion by claiming "but many (insert x here) were (insert x here)!" without owning up to, or even just outright admitting that they don't like (insert x here).  I for one would applaud revealing these hypocrites to the world, and then bashing the hell out of them.

If anything, the OP demonstrates why we need to get rid of the "Report" button, which more often not is an instrument of the malformed in the mind to repress views that they don't like rather than legitimate violations of the rules.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies