Guidelines about what threads are appropriate on the Individual Politics Board (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:47:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Guidelines about what threads are appropriate on the Individual Politics Board (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guidelines about what threads are appropriate on the Individual Politics Board  (Read 43485 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« on: January 01, 2014, 11:30:18 AM »

Franknburger noted on another thread that there are specific guidelines from Leip. The reporting feature is a specific element of his guidelines as to when certain types of posts should be deleted or modified.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 09:59:50 AM »

I get the rationale to move the geographic opinion threads off of IP, but there are a couple of factors that I think should be considered. One, my observation is that most of the geographic polls/competitions are decided based on the poster's view of the politics of the location. Two, the polls have the potential to crowd out the substantive threads in Off Topic: sports, science, etc. Ideally there is a child board for the personal opinion polls, but we'll see where Dave goes.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 05:52:48 PM »

I get the rationale to move the geographic opinion threads off of IP, but there are a couple of factors that I think should be considered. One, my observation is that most of the geographic polls/competitions are decided based on the poster's view of the politics of the location. Two, the polls have the potential to crowd out the substantive threads in Off Topic: sports, science, etc. Ideally there is a child board for the personal opinion polls, but we'll see where Dave goes.

Fun stuff being a mod. Sad Actually I never vote for a location based on its politics. I typically prefer places with politics at variance with mine. But hey, if the geography post is a poll or question specifically about a location based on its politics, I will leave it here. How about that Solomonic compromise? Smiley Or alternatively, since it's about geography, how about moving them all to your board Muon2?  Tongue

These type of polls have occasionally on Political Geography. I usually let the develop for a few replies. If the the replies are adding factual information about the geography I let them stay. If they become purely opinion (and it's usually about politics as posters are demonstrating the Big Sort) then I move it to IP. As I said, I'd prefer a board to collect all forum opinion polls. Otherwise once one starts it tend to generate many along a similar line. That's not bad by itself, but a dozen such polls will knock other substantive threads off page 1 of the board.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies