Why are we giving our taxpayers' money to Israel?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:38:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Why are we giving our taxpayers' money to Israel?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are we giving our taxpayers' money to Israel?  (Read 387 times)
SilverStar
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2024, 08:21:32 PM »

Israel is a rich country,they can fund themselves
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 08:27:05 PM »

Because it’s the right thing to do? We should defend democracies under attack from terrorist militias funded by theocratic dictatorships.

I guess this is a new flavor of bad take from you, so your posting style is diversifying, that’s good to see.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 08:36:36 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 08:42:06 PM by SilverStar »

Because it’s the right thing to do? We should defend democracies under attack from terrorist militias funded by theocratic dictatorships.

I guess this is a new flavor of bad take from you, so your posting style is diversifying, that’s good to see.
I'm not saying we shouldn't support Israel but why can't they fund themselves? Israel isn't a poor Country.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 08:39:51 PM »

Also your'e not in a postion to talk about bad takes,you think that Jeb couldv'e beaten Bernie Sanders in a General Eletion lol Jeb please clap! would've been luckey to win Indiana against Bernie.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 08:42:20 PM »

Also your'e not in a postion to talk about bad takes,you think that Jeb couldv'e beaten Bernie Sanders in a General Eletion lol Jeb please clap! would've been luckey to win Indiana against Bernie.
I wouldn't go that far, but Bernie would have defeated Jeb! handily, yes.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2024, 08:47:13 PM »

Jeb wouldv'e won Indiana but Bernie wouldv'e kept all Obama's WWC voters.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2024, 08:56:35 PM »

Why do Iowa farmers get corn subsidies? Why can't tax dollars only go to what I want!?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2024, 09:11:28 PM »

Bernie would lose the election as soon as he promised to raise taxes on the middle class . That statement would be run in almost every ad
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 09:23:10 PM »

Bernie would lose the election as soon as he promised to raise taxes on the middle class . That statement would be run in almost every ad
Bernie's plan wouldn't raised taxes on anyone who is making less than 250K.
Bernie would've won,cope
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2024, 09:25:36 PM »
« Edited: April 17, 2024, 09:33:42 PM by SilverStar »

Why do Iowa farmers get corn subsidies? Why can't tax dollars only go to what I want!?
Because Iowa is part of America and Iowans pay federal taxes which israelis don't do.
But maybe Israelis should start pay federal taxes if they want to get aid,graet idea!
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 10:12:57 PM »

What exactly does this have to do with congressional elections?
LostFellow
LostHerro

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 11:32:27 PM »

The general non-evangelical argument for this is that this money provides continued leverage for the US to influence Israeli policy (as with all methods of soft power).

I think that this argument has been less and less tenable over time though. Morals aside, US military soft power seems to work better for leadership actually interested in stability, like that in Jordan (and to a lesser extent, the other gulf monarchies and Egypt), but the Israeli right in power has diverged from this aim more and more.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #12 on: Today at 07:20:23 AM »

So that we don't have to import our entire food supply?
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #13 on: Today at 08:51:37 AM »

There are american histages and the USA is expected to be against anti-american guerillas Hamas and Hezbollah.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #14 on: Today at 08:53:45 AM »

Corrupt boomer Politicians can't resist the AIPAC money and don't care about the millions of downtrodden and struggling Americans. Sad!
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:18:04 PM »

https://www.hks.harvard.edu/publications/israel-lobby-and-us-foreign-policy
Make America Grumpy Again
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: Today at 05:57:47 PM »

Fetterman's win is proof that economic progressivism is no longer a kiss of death in suburbia. As long as someone like Bloomberg didn't plan a third-party run, it would've come down to how many Obama-Trump voters iotl would've voted for him.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:04:16 PM »
« Edited: Today at 06:09:58 PM by SilverStar »

Fetterman's win is proof that economic progressivism is no longer a kiss of death in suburbia. As long as someone like Bloomberg didn't plan a third-party run, it would've come down to how many Obama-Trump voters iotl would've voted for him.
Barnes outperfomed Biden in Wauwatosa lol
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #18 on: Today at 06:29:35 PM »

Fetterman is more Sherrod Brown than Bernie though . Also Bernie could have lost while winning WI PA and MI as FL/OH/IA/VA would be enough for Jeb to have beaten Bernie
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Today at 06:40:06 PM »
« Edited: Today at 06:56:22 PM by SilverStar »

Fetterman is more Sherrod Brown than Bernie though . Also Bernie could have lost while winning WI PA and MI as FL/OH/IA/VA would be enough for Jeb to have beaten Bernie
Iowa would've like Bernie,Bernie wins Iowa by more than Obama 2012 and Ohio being a pure tossup with a slight Bernie advantage.
NoVA wouldv'e get Bernie over the top in Virginia.
JEB wouldv'e underperformed Romney and maybe McCain numbers in Coal Country as well.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Today at 06:57:28 PM »

Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: Today at 07:01:42 PM »
« Edited: Today at 07:09:53 PM by Make America Grumpy Again »

I'm no Jeb! fan, but there's no way Bernie's going to flip any states that Romney won in 2012. At best he gets rl 2012 minus FL and maybe NE-2. AZ & NC could go to him in theory, but Arizona voted for a  Republican which insulted their political hero, and Jeb! is a better fit for NC compared to Trump, even though Bernie has less baggage than Hillary had.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Today at 07:16:41 PM »

I'm no Jeb! fan, but there's no way Bernie's going to flip any states that Romney won in 2012. At best he gets rl 2012 minus FL and maybe NE-2. AZ & NC could go to him in theory, but Arizona voted for a  Republican which insulted their political hero, and Jeb! is a better fit for NC compared to Trump, even though Bernie has less baggage than Hillary had.
Not sure JEB is a better fit for NC than Trump,NC is like the rust belt of the south.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: Today at 07:18:18 PM »

Not sure JEB is a better fit for NC than Trump,NC is like the rust belt of the south.

I can see that, but I was thinking more of areas around Charlotte, the Triangle & Wilmington.
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Today at 07:29:44 PM »

I can see that, but I was thinking more of areas around Charlotte, the Triangle & Wilmington.
Wilmington is a College town but JEB! would've kept Romney-Clinton voters in Charlotte suburbs
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies