CA -- Jerry Brown in good shape
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:50:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  CA -- Jerry Brown in good shape
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA -- Jerry Brown in good shape  (Read 1314 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 12, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »

Deep inside a new USC/Los Angeles Times poll are details that could make the California Republican Party, and by extension its cohorts elsewhere in the country, fear anew the march of time and demographics.

The collision between ethnicity and age is even more lethal. Six in 10 white voters are over 50, making them prized in the present but not dependable in future decades. The reverse is true for Latinos, 64% of whom are age 49 or younger. Overall, among all voters, 35% of those 50 and over are Republicans; of those younger, only 23% were.

Already those younger and minority voters — 38% of the voter pool — are propping up Democrats in California. Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown has a positive job approval rating of 55% overall. Among white voters the rating is 51%. Among black voters, it is 61%, Among Latinos, it is 67%.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/politicsnow/la-pn-poll-california-republicans-ethnicity-age-20131111,0,1938703.story#axzz2kQVtVSqP
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 08:29:12 AM »

California uber alles.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »

It's a shame he's not ten years younger.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »

Brown is doomed, he's lost a key endorsement.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »

That's one of those articles that feels like it must be from The Onion, but somehow isn't.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:50:28 PM »

That's one of those articles that feels like it must be from The Onion, but somehow isn't.

Honestly if Jerry Brown is responsible for Rob Schneider not making movies anymore, then I want him to run for President for life.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 05:53:18 PM »

Governor Moonbeam for President! If he didn't veto that farmworker's protection bill, he'd easily be my favorite politician at the moment (not saying much but w/e).
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 12:34:20 PM »

A lot on the left here in California are actually very dissatisfied with Brown after Prop. 30 because apparently the funds are being used to finish his prison reform plan instead of returning to the university system. But the provision for the prison reform was included in Prop. 30 so I don't understand why this is such a surprise to anyone.

That said, it amazes me that this is actually the only place where I hear any rumblings of the prison-industrial complex from liberals. (Or at least where the issue is actually important to someone.)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 08:18:17 PM »

A lot on the left here in California are actually very dissatisfied with Brown after Prop. 30 because apparently the funds are being used to finish his prison reform plan instead of returning to the university system. But the provision for the prison reform was included in Prop. 30 so I don't understand why this is such a surprise to anyone.

That said, it amazes me that this is actually the only place where I hear any rumblings of the prison-industrial complex from liberals. (Or at least where the issue is actually important to someone.)

No one loves spending money on prisons, but he was required by the courts to spend money on prisons. There's not much of a "choice" aspect here.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 10:17:15 PM »

To be fair, California is so far ahead (or to the left) of the rest of the country on so many issues, you can afford to tackle the prison-industrial complex. Also you've got a huge prison population, right?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 01:08:09 AM »

To be fair, California is so far ahead (or to the left) of the rest of the country on so many issues, you can afford to tackle the prison-industrial complex. Also you've got a huge prison population, right?

No one loves spending money on prisons, but he was required by the courts to spend money on prisons. There's not much of a "choice" aspect here.

Yeah the overcrowding is a heavy issue but it requires a lot more examination for reform than it has right now. That said, the state could choose to release low-risk inmates instead of committing to the transfer. However, its nearing an election year, and there's little to no chance of that happening (or even to the majority of Dems consenting).
CubanoTX
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 04:39:57 PM »

Did anyone expected JB Moonbeam to lose the state of fruits and nuts, Unless the GOP can put candidate that can pull 70% of the white vote 35% of the mexican vote and half the asian vote this election is already decided
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 12:35:45 AM »

Did anyone expected JB Moonbeam to lose the state of fruits and nuts, Unless the GOP can put candidate that can pull 70% of the white vote 35% of the mexican vote and half the asian vote this election is already decided

Don't knock California's agriculture. Many of your out-of-season fruits and vegetables come from California.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies