Texas Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:27:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas Megathread  (Read 54884 times)
Reginald
« on: December 06, 2013, 05:40:23 PM »

lol. Didn't know he was such a Dewhurst fan. This has to be red meat more than actual conviction, because the cognitive dissonance is remarkable.
Reginald
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 07:47:14 PM »

Right, and at least in Cruz's case, he would never have been named Senator by the state legislature. Especially when Good-Ol-Boy-approved Dewhurst was salivating so openly after it.
Reginald
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 06:47:28 PM »

Hannity to attend State of the Union with Gohmert, is open to running for office in Texas should he decide to relocate in the wake of the Cuomo freakout.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hopefully he realizes (as we all do, obviously) that Florida's a better fit. Tongue
Reginald
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 05:13:54 PM »

Alarming news for the TX Democrats is that Davis lost several South Texas counties due to her Pro-Choice stance on the abortion controversy.

Yeah, I don't understand why Texas Democrats thought that running a candidate who is most famous for her filibuster against abortion regulation is the best way to win in a red state.

They had zero chance either way, and it'll be like this for a while at least. Might as well go with someone who actually has some serious name recognition for a change.
Reginald
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:16:55 AM »

I think Wendy will get between 52% and 54% But I really do not see her getting any new non-base voters. I kind of wish Bill White was running.

For what it's worth, Davis got quite a few Romney voters in 2012; Obama only pulled about 45 percent total in her district. But of course this was before SB 5. That's a rather enormous caveat.

Anyway, I don't see her pulling off 54% ever. Wink

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies