Texas Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:20:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Texas Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas Megathread  (Read 54807 times)
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 06, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »

Until I saw that ad I had no idea Abbott was in a wheelchair.
This is one thing that makes the attention Davis has got a little bit strange.

Abbot has a compelling story (arguably more so since it's rarer for someone paralyzed to run for Governor), and he's much more likely to win.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »

And now we get to spend these last weeks of campaign season discussing Wendy Davis' elective abortion.

Was just about to post this. Obviously she wasn't going to win, but it could have at least been somewhat close. Still, very sad that she had to make that decision.
I'm not sure on that point.

The parts of the book that have got the most attention (terminations of pregnancies for health reasons) are part of the public record. She's down enough in the polls that it could be worth trying to bait Republicans into saying something stupid.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:58:11 PM »

And now we get to spend these last weeks of campaign season discussing Wendy Davis' elective abortion.

Was just about to post this. Obviously she wasn't going to win, but it could have at least been somewhat close. Still, very sad that she had to make that decision.
I'm not sure on that point.

The parts of the book that have got the most attention (terminations of pregnancies for health reasons) are part of the public record. She's down enough in the polls that it could be worth trying to bait Republicans into saying something stupid.

I never heard about her having an abortion before this. Whether or not someone had an abortion is certainly not a part of the public record.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is disturbing because it implies Davis viewed a second-trimester fetus as a person and, by extension, chose to commit murder by ending that person's life.
I was under the impression she mentioned it during her filibuster.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies