Right-Wing cyber attacks on Healthcare.gov website confirmed (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:58:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Right-Wing cyber attacks on Healthcare.gov website confirmed (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Right-Wing cyber attacks on Healthcare.gov website confirmed  (Read 2352 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« on: November 16, 2013, 01:59:06 AM »

^Well, that's kind of already true. House GOP refused to appropriate any money for the federal site. Of course it was a misstep no funds were set aside in the ACA itself. But still, Democrats came to Republicans and said "there's a problem with this, and we know you're very 'concerned' with problems with this law, so help us fix it?" and they said no.

Does anybody really think this new news story is going to get the GOP to give more money for the site? They just want to talk about it.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 05:16:47 PM »

"I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races (applause); that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people… .
And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."
- Abraham Lincoln, Charleston, IL; August 1858.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »

"I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races (applause); that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people… .
And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."
- Abraham Lincoln, Charleston, IL; August 1858.
June 16, 1858, Illinois State Capitol Springfield

A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure, permanently, half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved — I do not expect the house to fall — but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other. Either the opponents of slavery will arrest the further spread of it, and place it where the public mind shall rest in the belief that it is in the course of ultimate extinction; or its advocates will push it forward, till it shall become lawful in all the States, old as well as new — North as well as South.

That's an Obama-sized flip flop
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies