Another startling fact re: Virginia Governor's race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:49:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Another startling fact re: Virginia Governor's race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another startling fact re: Virginia Governor's race  (Read 1174 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2013, 12:46:56 AM »

1 million people actually voted for Ken Cucinelli. 

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 01:56:24 AM »

You think that's bad? 900,000 (45%) voted for E.W. Jackson.

I think this proves that 45% of Americans will vote for a bag of dog poop as long as it has a (D) or an (R) after it.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »

The sad thing about the VA race is that Sarvis didn't get 10% of the vote. Both of the other candidates equally sucked.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 08:07:05 PM »

and 800,000 people actually voted for Barbara Buono.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 08:22:57 PM »

Here's another fact, which is pretty awesome: Cuccinelli won 18-24 year olds by a margin of 45-39%!
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/ken-cuccinelli-bright-spot-young-voters-99568.html#ixzz2k5ih6Oif
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2013, 08:28:16 PM by seanNJ9 »

yeah and? She  was a good candidate who ran into a buzz saw. She beats any Republican in this state not named Christie. I hope she runs again in 2017, she deserves another shot after the way she was railroaded by the state party.
Obscure
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »

Even Romney couldn't pull that off. I'm guessing Obamacare is to blame?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 08:31:49 PM »

yeah and? She  was a good candidate who ran into a buzz saw. She beats any Republican in this state not named Christie. I hope she runs again in 2017, she deserves another shot after the way she was railroaded by the state party.

No democrat was going to beat Christie, but she really made sure that there was no way of winning by being constantly rude. For New Jersey, she should of at least got 40%.
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 08:39:54 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2013, 08:43:22 PM by seanNJ9 »

No democrat was going to beat Christie, but she really made sure that there was no way of winning by being constantly rude. For New Jersey, she should of at least got 40%.

Constantly rude , really? In NJ you think that's a big deal? Being rude is part of Chris Christie's shtick. Pre sandy she gets that 40%, that storm didn't change the outcome of the race, but it changed the margins.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 08:47:23 PM »

McAuliffe is a beyond terrible candidate for young people. Hillary's endorsement probably didn't help.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 09:45:53 PM »

Kind of hard to find any empirical evidence to think that's true.  Mcauliffe actually ran slightly ahead of Obama in Charlottesville-Albemarle (UVA) and Montgomery (Va-Tech).  Even won Harrisonburg (James Madison) in the deep blue Shenandoah.  Outside of Fundistan (Lynchburg--Liberty U) there's not a college town Cooch won.  Hard to see Cooch winning any age demographic in NoVA or Greater Richmond or the Tidewater.  And many of the places Cooch won in rural VA tend to have very high % of Senior citizens (like SW VA).  Now, I'm sure Cooch won 18 yr olds who are angry that there aren't any coal mining jobs for them, but I just don't see it overall.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 05:34:59 PM »

...no. No to pretty much everything you said in that post.

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 06:19:41 PM »

Kind of hard to find any empirical evidence to think that's true.  Mcauliffe actually ran slightly ahead of Obama in Charlottesville-Albemarle (UVA) and Montgomery (Va-Tech).  Even won Harrisonburg (James Madison) in the deep blue Shenandoah.  Outside of Fundistan (Lynchburg--Liberty U) there's not a college town Cooch won.  Hard to see Cooch winning any age demographic in NoVA or Greater Richmond or the Tidewater.  And many of the places Cooch won in rural VA tend to have very high % of Senior citizens (like SW VA).  Now, I'm sure Cooch won 18 yr olds who are angry that there aren't any coal mining jobs for them, but I just don't see it overall.

Exit polls have their issue, and a subgroup that is a) 6% of the total and b) going to have a very uneven geographical distribution determined by whether they're in school or not is going to be impossible to poll accurately.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »

The sad thing about the VA race is that Sarvis didn't get 10% of the vote. Both of the other candidates equally sucked.

Actually I think Sarvis did extremely well considering the state. Even Marshall Coleman, who was a known Virginia politician, ran a third party and despite running against Oliver North AND Chuck Robb, he won only 11% of the vote.
Peter the Lefty
Peternerdman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 10:19:05 PM »

I guess they're too young to remember his tenure as the anti-sodomy crackpot.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies