Democratic-Republican Party Convention, December 2013
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:03:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic-Republican Party Convention, December 2013
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Democratic-Republican Party Convention, December 2013  (Read 11244 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »

#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »

I suppose since there is no opposition to the by-laws, that they shall be adopted by acclamation.

I'm a bit bearish on the idea of becoming Chairman, but will do so if no one else is willing to serve.

I think Jbrase would be a good Vice Chairman, but I fear that real life obligations would prevent him from performing the duty in full. Would you be interested in the Vice Chairmanship (or Chairmanship) shua?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

I'm a bit bearish on the idea of becoming Chairman, but will do so if no one else is willing to serve.

Don't be difficult now Dallasfan. You know deep down that evil voice is telling you to. Evil Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »

I'm hesitant to commit to a leadership position in the party right now.  Since I have other values besides libertarianism and am not as radical as some here, I need to see if the direction people want to take with this party is a good fit for me.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »

I'm hesitant to commit to a leadership position in the party right now.  Since I have other values besides libertarianism and am not as radical as some here, I need to see if the direction people want to take with this party is a good fit for me.

Noted, though I don't have expectations that this will be an overly dogmatic/No True Scotsman party that characterizes the Libertarian movement in real life.

Upon latter reflection (perhaps I'll have to give in to that evil voice that Yankee alluded to) I'll accept nominations for Chairman. Are there any objections?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 07:24:56 PM »

I really liked this party before it organized. Sad
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »

I echo Cathcon's sentiments. Moderates like shua will get high preferences from me. The radicals, not so much.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 10:33:39 PM »

I'd like to ask for a Senatorial endorsement from your party!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 10:59:03 PM »

After consulting with Dallasfan, I've decided to seek the nomination for Vice Chairman. Although, since I'm already so occupied with stuff from all sides, I most likely won't be chairing the conventions myself.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »

I would also like to request this party's endorsement for the At-Large Senate election. Smiley
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 11:18:13 PM »

I echo Cathcon's sentiments. Moderates like shua will get high preferences from me. The radicals, not so much.

Noted. To emphasize, I don't advocate (though it is up to the will of the party members) that this be a dogmatic/abolish Stop Signs party, though it is very likely that this will be a party of unabashed social libertarianism. Ultimately this wouldn't square much with your ideology, so your reluctance to preference us is understandable. Preferences to shua and Spiral (fellow Mideasterners) are appreciated. Smiley

As mentioned before, I will accept the nomination, and nominate Spiral for Vice Chairmanship. That being said, since Spiral indicated he will be too preoccupied with other obligations to chair the convention, I shall also place on the ballot whether I should have authority to chair this convention. Since our by-laws have been adopted, I'll allow 24 hours for a vote.

I'd like to ask for a Senatorial endorsement from your party!
I would also like to request this party's endorsement for the At-Large Senate election. Smiley

I hold you both in high esteem, though I ask that you both give us a "sales pitch" as to why we should endorse you, since I can only speak for myself.

If my understanding of election schedules is correct, the At-Large Senate elections aren't until the first week of December, so I'll put forth the endorsement vote in a week or two (provided I gain a vote of confidence to chair the convention.)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 11:23:34 PM »

Ballot:

Chairmanship:
[ ] Dallasfan65
[ ] None of the Above

Vice-Chairmanship:
[ ] Spiral
[ ] None of the Above

Should Dallasfan65 chair this interim convention and the December convention?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 11:31:44 PM »

Ballot:

Chairmanship:
[X] Dallasfan65
[ ] None of the Above

Vice-Chairmanship:
[X] Spiral
[ ] None of the Above

[X] Yes
[ ] No
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:26 PM »

Ballot:

Chairmanship:
[X] Dallasfan65
[ ] None of the Above

Vice-Chairmanship:
[X] Spiral
[ ] None of the Above

[X] Yes
[ ] No
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 12:19:22 AM »

For me, I am socially liberal, just like your members.

However, my economic views are to the left of all of your members, by a lot. But in the Pacific I have put forward two bills that brings jobs to the region and one focuses specifically on manufacturing.

In these bills, it lowers taxes for companies that come to our region from other places in the world, it also spends money on infrastructure such as roads, railways, and broadband internet, so rural communities can see a big boost from business. I have put it forward so it can be a moderate bill, one that has parts from both sides of the aisle. In these bills, we create institutions where the regional government and businesses from all parts of the Pacific can cooperate, and to lower corporate taxes on small businesses that start up in the Pacific for five years.

This bill also lowers taxes on clean energy companies such as hydroelectric energy, wind energy, and geothermal energy in the Pacific. It designates the second saturday in April as 'Small Business Saturday' which there is no tax for companies that have fewer than 20 employees.

The manufacturing bill also ends all tax breaks for companies who move to foreign nations, lowers taxes on manufacturing companies to 20% (TNF will not be a fan of this bill).

With this and lowering taxes for the poorest Pacificans and raising it for the richest, while bringing more people out of poverty and into the middle class, we will generate a Pacific economy that will be the shining gem of the world.

For social issues, I am a proud liberal on them. I am very pro-marriage equality, for protections of women from rapists and domestic abuse (lets be frank here, 93% of these crimes are committed by men to women), I am for many of the things your party supports, and I hope to earn your support.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »

Ballot:

Chairmanship:
[X] Dallasfan65
[ ] None of the Above

Vice-Chairmanship:
[X] Spiral
[ ] None of the Above

[X] Yes
[ ] No
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 10:45:23 PM »

For over a year now, I have been working in the Northeast to promote libertarian values such as fiscal responsibility, free enterprise, and individual freedom, so now I would like to ask for your party's support in promoting these values across Atlasia.

If elected, my top priorities will be the promotion of limited government and thee protection of regional rights. The way I see it, regions are the heart and soul of libertarianism, because local control and decentralization are essential for the protection for liberty and individual rights.

So, if you want to support a Senator who will fight for liberty and limited government, I think that I would be your best choice! Smiley
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2013, 04:44:38 AM »

Ballot:

Chairmanship:
[X] Dallasfan65
[ ] None of the Above

Vice-Chairmanship:
[X] Spiral
[ ] None of the Above

[X] Yes
[ ] No
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 04:49:20 AM »

For over a year now, I have been working in the Northeast to promote libertarian values such as fiscal responsibility, free enterprise, and individual freedom

Yours are pro-corporation policies disguised as individual values.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »

OK. Dallasfan65 and Spiral are elected Chairman and Vice-Chairman respectively, and Dallasfan65 is authorized to chair this (and the December) convention.

I was thinking we ought to get a party description in the Introduction to Atlasia thread. I already showed some of you this, but here:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Credit to shua for the last sentence. How do you guys feel about this?

Also, what do you guys want for a color? I was thinking purple but I'm open to suggestions.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 04:54:20 PM »

OK. Dallasfan65 and Spiral are elected Chairman and Vice-Chairman respectively, and Dallasfan65 is authorized to chair this (and the December) convention.

I was thinking we ought to get a party description in the Introduction to Atlasia thread. I already showed some of you this, but here:

Also, what do you guys want for a color? I was thinking purple but I'm open to suggestions.

Why not Libertarian Yellow?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »

There are too many hot colors. I "randomly" recommend teal, for no particular reason. Wink Wink Tongue
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 10:27:55 PM »

The description looks good to me Smiley As for color, I would prefer teal because that's how I've come to think of this party. Purple would also be acceptable, but I am against yellow. I don't know about you guys, but atlas yellow is hard on my eyes.

Personally I use gold instead of yellow.

There are too many hot colors. I "randomly" recommend teal, for no particular reason. Wink Wink Tongue

I'm partial to purple, but teal is pretty nice too.

Why not Libertarian Yellow?

Conventionally yellow is used for libertarian/classical liberal parties, but I wanted to go a little non-traditional.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »

Democratic-Republican Party

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2013, 12:34:42 AM »

I encourage the use of an unconventional color like purple or teal to represent your party. After all, how many conservative parties use orange as their color? Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies