Blame someone else. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:21:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blame someone else. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blame someone else.  (Read 5602 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:25 AM »
« edited: November 06, 2013, 11:18:29 AM by Fmr. V.P. DemPGH »

Can you possibly understand that I did what I did not because I'm a sinister sociopath or a pious contrarian or a cancer or an opportunist or whatever else, but because I believed it was right?! It's not "it's the law" yadda yadda yadda, but because I thought I was right. Does that enter into the thought process AT ALL?! I never set out to attack Labor, but if part of the mission is to paint the Labor Party as a besieged band of brothers trying to hold the castle against an army of Vikings, then I really can't give any reasons that would make sense.

And if I had acted in ways that undermined the goals of the administration, I wouldn't have been around. [Insert bad cop motif]. While you cite the fringe that was ready at all times to stage a riot, I can tell you that many, many others sent me notes of encouragement and solidarity across the spectrum. No, not from this cabal who was always ready to riot, but from people who think the game's rules should be respected. And who believed it was in Labor's best interest to return from the fringe. That's what's been feeding all these fires!!!

Besides, when I first came into the game there was a portion of your party who disapproved of me right away, so what would be the point of caving to them even if I wanted to?

I shouldn't have typed that. I want to let this die, but it needed said since the other thread is locked.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies