Blame someone else. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:13:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blame someone else. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blame someone else.  (Read 5692 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: November 06, 2013, 04:48:04 AM »
« edited: November 06, 2013, 04:50:48 AM by ProgressiveCapitalist »

Farewell Chairman,

I would like to say that AG is almost solely responsible for building Labor as an effective electoral left-wing party. I don't think there are any other members in the labor party who have the ideological conviction or the patience to do so. After a narrow loss in the first presidential election post-dissolution(the leftgot 35% combined vote) Labor party was in shambles and failed to field any presidential candidates. I don't want to call out our names, but our friend's - Napoleon's sociopathic actions in the past 2 years deserve to be specifically called out,  even in a totally unrelated post, he's basically a step above all other villains. He effectively destroyed the Labor party's official power structures by drafting it's head as his VP(Nathan), after doing some minor baiting of Labor in the Senate during Polnut's terms. It's pretty clear that there can't be two left-wing parties in the game. Shortly after he was elected as president i started working in the shadows with AG to build this party. Eventually we wrote a new Constitution and got elected to real positions. Marokai and Nix were elected as president's, and in Nix's presidency labor could essentially legislate anything it wanted with 4 senators that were from labor party + fellow traveler Xahar, not to mention Napoleon being on the Labor ticket as well. At this point I don't think any of us had much interest in legislating, you can look at Xahar's voting record if you don't believe me.

Above all, I just want to say that all of this wouldn't be possible without AG as most other people would have allied with whatever puppet holder that ws controlling the middle at the time and ended the project, or simply quit before all of this came to fruition.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, Labor won the game

Pfft, you got to the level with the Democratic Alliance and through youp controller at the TV Wink
^^^If any specific party "won" the game, it would be the JCP, who won almost every federal election for quite a while (me being the rare exception Wink). We literally did a reset on the parties primarily because of that dominance.

Still, Labor and JCP had natural advantages. Labor has definitely underperformed given that, while JCP slightly overperformed. JCP managed to beat Duke while Griff's group got embarassed two years later. But lets be honest- neither of these parties have managed to pull off backs-against-the-wall victories the Liberal Party managed with my senate victory and then doubling up in April.
Liberal party never had an ideology or even agenda. Labor needed one term from Nix to implement theirs, and even then some of us got bored half-way through it (cue NMAM).
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 06:36:17 PM »

The liberal party did have an ideology, Seatown. You just don't want to acknowledge it.
Neo-liberalism claims to be post-ideoligcal, ce n'est pas terrible?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 07:20:32 PM »

The liberal party did have an ideology, Seatown. You just don't want to acknowledge it.
Neo-liberalism claims to be post-ideoligcal, ce n'est pas terrible?

Yeah, we weren't really neo-liberal. I don't think neo liberals agree with strengthening a single payer health care system. The liberal party did that. The liberal party believed in increasing the freedom of every single Atlasian while at the same time preventing overreach from labor stalwarts, such as yourself or TNF. That is the ideology I have represented in the Senate and I have continued to do it when I was a liberal and when I switched to the Federalists because they were the only sane major party left. If you feel I changed my ideology, please do provide examples. Or else shut the fuck up. Thanks!
You & Napoleon sure like to use that word a lot. Where did I ever imply that you changed you ideology? The only thing that happened was wolf shedding the sheep's clothing.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »

Sbane, a lot of these guys arrived adter Adam and don't understand that things weren't like this until Adam took a dump all over the game, along with seatown and snowstalker. Before then the worst fighting was usually left vs right disagreeing or Marokai and I going at it over some gimmicky proposal that would never materialize. I don't even see how it can be fixed at this point.
Thanks for admitting that we won.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies