Blame someone else. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:52:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blame someone else. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blame someone else.  (Read 5663 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 06, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »

The problem man is that while you say "this isn't real life, so stop acting like it is", you forget that people, especially on the left, refuse to part with their real life driven political animousities and thus like to treat those they disagree with as evil nutcases who are going to bring about Hitler's second coming or something, in an elections game. Which is what creates the very opportunity for your wolftentoad to arise. "Don't vote for Duke, he is Todd Akin".

Also your expectations regarding the political effect of reform centered politics missed the mark, because it failed to take into account the lessons of history. Such reforms may be necessary but they have always split the left and also the right but to a lesser extent, about how they should be done. A political allignment around reform is thus not going to be one alligned based on issues but pro or anti-insert reform effort. You also have landed squarely in the danger zone for the right, where for 60% of Atlasia's existance, the right has been interwoven (hell it is the right) with the preservation of something that has been, in the eyes of many, irreverently (for the deep concern and reasons for the sentiment) placed on the chopping block for sake of the game. Yet, with so many on the left driven into blood-rage destruction mode by the tea party in real life and failing to leave that at the door, and the noted inability of many people on the left to understand those on the right (beyond them being either stupid or corrupt), it is hardly unreasonable for some on the right have doubt about the intentions and/or practical effects, nor illogical for some of them to think that someone would take the counter-productive step (with regards to the game) of seeking their elimination, which would sure as hell boost competativeness obviously.

We hear all these calls for new thinking on the left but they always stop the minute it requires those on the left to leave their comfort zone.

The real reason the center dominates, is because from a game mechanics standpoint, you have to value you both sides from the pesrpective of the benefit of the disagreement and oppositon driven competition. A domination-centric, ideologue, who is blinded to the motivations of the other side beyond evil or stupidity, would destroy the place whether they intended to or not. You cannot have issues based politics, with a huge reform movement looming over our heads. You cannot have competativeness and not allow for the moderation necessary to produce it. And what the  does a Conservative have to encourage them to participate if the story is always the same with the last 65% victory by the next leftist candidate. The only way to not have that is an aggressive movement to the center or a pan-ideological personality coalition.

I know I am getting sick and tired of the next group of leftists to come around and screw some other group of leftists. There are many over there dissolusioned and no wonder, it seems like who you are getting ed by determines which of the two groups you are in. I find myself excellently possessed with the ability to see the horrible qualities in both sides. And frankly, as I said in one of my speeches, where it counts the both of you actually do take the same things seriously and the same things not. If the crap last winter and spring was so horrible, then why is the courtyard filled with victims from this Summer and Fall? Who no doubt will be next Winter and Spring's perpetrators. You say you want to see an end to the moderate hero circle jerk, well I cannot wait for the day when this seasonal cycle comes to an end. Because everyone has to pick a side and thus the right gets dragged in as well and frankly it is boring, pointless, destructive and rather stupid. Why should it be treated like a game in one sense but not when it comes to expecting better then this? Why should the Federalists pick one side or another in that bullsh**t?

No, I am not happy to see you go, but I felt like you really failed to grasp certain things and/or had some unreasonable expectations based on those things and thus why you are disappointed about the results. You say you have won, but it is pretty hard for the left not to win what you have since water rushes downhill and so the next person who can say the same, with the same constraints, will probably be likewise. I think the other problem is that you have already given up, you have surrendered to accepting the worst elements for whatever reason. I have never pretended to be innocent, I recruited Hamilton into Atlasia and realize that a good part of what he proceeded to do had something to do with various actions I took. It is impossible to go through life without hurting anyone at all, but I can think of nothing more unreasonable then to just accept and to concede to such in a place that is built on voluntary participation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 12:44:58 AM »

It is is generic standin for the kind of thing wolfentoad was doing to you man.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 03:56:54 PM »

The only sickening thing I see in this thread is a bunch of bullying by people that probably stand against bullying IRL.  Ick.

It truly is shocking to see is it not, yet typically they don't see it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »

Actually everyone needs to keep talking. The more they post it publically, the more likely they will be to read over and reflect on both their words and their actions.

I would point out there was a desire to have more Conservative members in the TPP as well. I came very close to joining it in late 2012. However, I had no problems with the IB and I dislike frequent party changes so I decided against it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies