Blame someone else. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Blame someone else. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blame someone else.  (Read 5527 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« on: November 08, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »
« edited: November 08, 2013, 03:54:57 PM by bgwah »

As far as I'm concerned, Labor won the game

Pfft, you got to the level with the Democratic Alliance and threw your controller at the TV Wink
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 04:08:08 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, Labor won the game

Pfft, you got to the level with the Democratic Alliance and through youp controller at the TV Wink
^^^If any specific party "won" the game, it would be the JCP, who won almost every federal election for quite a while (me being the rare exception Wink). We literally did a reset on the parties primarily because of that dominance.

Still, Labor and JCP had natural advantages. Labor has definitely underperformed given that, while JCP slightly overperformed. JCP managed to beat Duke while Griff's group got embarassed two years later. But lets be honest- neither of these parties have managed to pull off backs-against-the-wall victories the Liberal Party managed with my senate victory and then doubling up in April.

What a newb thing to say. Tongue

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/December_2010_Senate_Election

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/March_2011_Special_Senate_Election

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/April_2011_Senate_Election

The last two are especially beautiful. There have been some successful players since I retired (Napoleon and Adam), sure. But I have yet to see anyone come even close to manipulating at-large elections like I did. Smiley
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 04:13:15 PM »

I do sympathize with Adam (and Napoleon before him). If you're winning the game you get blamed for everything, often unfairly so. But a big part of playing the game is taking down whichever party is currently on top, so if you're winning that means you're constantly on the defensive.

At some point I accepted that people want to reform things. They want to leave their mark on the game. Sure, we tried it before, it failed, and it will fail again, but they need to see that on their own. For example, somebody will win with "zombies," the losers throw a temper tantrum, create dumb voting restrictions, turnout falls, the restrictions are removed to increase activity, etc. And the cycle will repeat itself again and again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies