The OFFICIAL 2013 Election Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:12:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The OFFICIAL 2013 Election Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2013 Election Results Thread  (Read 47822 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: November 05, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »

So, extrapolating from what we have now, probably Jackson loses by double-digits, Cuccinelli high single-digits, and Obenshain low single-digits? Shame.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:15:06 PM »

Hang on, but isn't Obenshain supposed to overperform Cuccinelli more so in NoVa than Appalachia? If he's going 7 ahead now, it seems possible that could rise to 8-9, which should definitely be enough to overcome Herring.

Does seem interesting that Cuccinelli-McAuliffe is going to likely be at Obama levels (worse in Appalachia, better in NoVa, should even out). Obama only won Virginia by 4%; that's a good deal less than the 7-8 margin predicted for McAuliffe. Very premature to be discussing this, but any thoughts on why this is the case? Issues with the polls themselves, or was there movement in the final days? If the latter, why?

NBC declares Northam the winner in Virginia.

#upset

Again, what was Kean's percentage he's trying to break? My guess a month ago was Christie at 59%.

Kean was reelected 70-29 in 1985, but I don't think that was ever realistic in the modern day New Jersey. For either party.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »

Relax.  Six point win for McAuliffe.

This is based on?...

I wonder which side he takes more voters from -- I remember in a lot of Senate races in 2012, the Republican candidate was generally the second choice (this was the case in Montana and Indiana), but Johnson's supporters actually narrowly had Obama as their second-choice.

Does anyone remember at what time in Election Night 2012 did Obama overtake Romney in Virginia?

Think about it this way.  When was the last time that a candidate was NEVER ahead in any poll the month prior to election day and somehow won?

Christy Clark, earlier this year. Alison Redford last year. In the US, pretty sure Bill Owens, in the 2009 Upstate New York special, had never led in a poll -- it was Scozzafava, then Hoffman. Plus I haven't heard anyone predict Cuccinelli winning outright, just a narrower-than-expected T-Mac victory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies