The OFFICIAL 2013 Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:53:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The OFFICIAL 2013 Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27
Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2013 Election Results Thread  (Read 47018 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: November 05, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »

Terry McAuliffe is a joke piece of trash. I'm so going to love his disastrous term as Governor.

Has Pretentious Public Polling put out a statement about how horribly wrong they were?

Yes, they are working on a joint statement with Barfbag to cover all angles of wrongness regarding the election predictions here.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #451 on: November 05, 2013, 11:56:24 PM »

Going to the 51st state initiative, counties in green voted to secede, counties in red voted to stay with Colorado.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #452 on: November 05, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »

Well, here's a bit of good news:

With 66% of the vote in, Ken Thompson is rolling, 71.7%-28.3% over Hynes, and is the projected winner.

Looks like all my worry was unwarranted.  Whew!
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #453 on: November 05, 2013, 11:58:53 PM »

Say, does anyone know if the "soda tax" (which would tax orange juice but not Diet Pepsi) passed in Telluride CO?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #454 on: November 06, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »

The prince William precincts will probably be the largest and the late reporting ones will all be in the more "urban" areas so they will be a big boost to the D depending how many.  The others will all probably go R except maybe Norfolk depending where it is.

For the two precincts that appear to be outstanding in Norfolk: Suburban Park is upper middle class, I'd guess lean Democrat.  Coleman Place is majority black,  probably at least 2/3 Democrat.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #455 on: November 06, 2013, 12:03:43 AM »

Terry McAuliffe is a joke piece of trash. I'm so going to love his disastrous term as Governor.

Has Pretentious Public Polling put out a statement about how horribly wrong they were?

Ladies and Gentlemen, the natural reaction to not getting the girl.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #456 on: November 06, 2013, 12:04:42 AM »

The prince William precincts will probably be the largest and the late reporting ones will all be in the more "urban" areas so they will be a big boost to the D depending how many.  The others will all probably go R except maybe Norfolk depending where it is.

For the two precincts that appear to be outstanding in Norfolk: Suburban Park is upper middle class, I'd guess lean Democrat.  Coleman Place is majority black,  probably at least 2/3 Democrat.

then the D is going to gain a significant amount more votes than the R will.  I also thought I saw that part of Newport News was outstanding.  Those will also go D if that's the case.  I think the D can gain 1000 votes in those precincts + PW.  Will probably come down to the R precincts elsewhere.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #457 on: November 06, 2013, 12:07:04 AM »

Going to the 51st state initiative, counties in green voted to secede, counties in red voted to stay with Colorado.

The green counties have a combined population of less than 30,000 people. How will they justify splitting off?

Also, in the unlikely event that they do secede, CO-4's current representative, Cory Gardner, will have to either retire or move, as he lives in one of those green counties (Yuma County, to be exact).
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #458 on: November 06, 2013, 12:09:58 AM »

Speaking of not getting the girl, where is Barfbag, did he just not show up for Prom tonight?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #459 on: November 06, 2013, 12:10:50 AM »

Speaking of not getting the girl, where is Barfbag, did he just not show up for Prom tonight?

I think he's recovering from the losses.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #460 on: November 06, 2013, 12:13:06 AM »

then the D is going to gain a significant amount more votes than the R will.  I also thought I saw that part of Newport News was outstanding.  Those will also go D if that's the case.  I think the D can gain 1000 votes in those precincts + PW.  Will probably come down to the R precincts elsewhere.

No, I think NN is all in now.  VPAP has precinct maps btw: www.vpap.org/elections/live_results/nov_2013?race=attgen

In any case, considering the provisional and absentee ballots and a likely recount, we may not know the winner of the AG race this month.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #461 on: November 06, 2013, 12:13:36 AM »

I think he's recovering from the losses.

He had to know this was coming... I mean every single poll showed McAuliffe up. 
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #462 on: November 06, 2013, 12:14:43 AM »

Damn, Virginia's AG race is really close. When do y'all think it will finally be called?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #463 on: November 06, 2013, 12:17:08 AM »

No, I think NN is all in now.  VPAP has precinct maps btw: www.vpap.org/elections/live_results/nov_2013?race=attgen

In any case, considering the provisional and absentee ballots and a likely recount, we may not know the winner of the AG race this month.

That link is pretty cool, thanks.  I think NN still has absentee ballots left, a lot of other counties have factored them in already, looks like Fairfax has already.  This is definitely going to a recount, but I think if they count the absentee votes tonight the D will actually take the lead prior to the recount.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #464 on: November 06, 2013, 12:18:52 AM »

Damn, Virginia's AG race is really close. When do y'all think it will finally be called?

In a month.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #465 on: November 06, 2013, 12:19:34 AM »

I think it's not gonna get called anytime soon and will go into a long drawn out recount.  Unless we don't know about thousands of absentee votes, etc.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #466 on: November 06, 2013, 12:29:43 AM »

Detroit has its first white mayor in forty years.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #467 on: November 06, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »

I just looked at that Norfolk map, the democrat will net about 1000 votes out of Norfolk.  This election is going to be dead even probably.
Nichlemn

« Reply #468 on: November 06, 2013, 12:36:51 AM »

No-one should be surprised at the lack of change in either the NJ or VA assembly. Coattails are overrated. Both the NJ and VA races were a lot more to do with the candidates than the parties, so it's not surprising there were no waves downballot.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2013, 12:49:44 AM »

I have no direct evidence of this, but I have to think Virginia was severely gerrymandered as well...

I get that the democratic vote is more concentrated... however, when almost all the Republicans win by 4-8 point margins and almost all the democrats win by 50 point margins, you know whassup.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2013, 12:51:14 AM »

De Blasio is winning NYC 73%-24%.  But Lhota is winning Staten Island 54%-44% with 97% in.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2013, 12:53:19 AM »

De Blasio is winning NYC 73%-24%.  But Lhota is winning Staten Island 54%-44% with 97% in.

there are cornfields in State Island.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #472 on: November 06, 2013, 12:56:29 AM »

De Blasio is winning NYC 73%-24%.  But Lhota is winning Staten Island 54%-44% with 97% in.

lol. Oh well.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #473 on: November 06, 2013, 12:57:03 AM »

How humiliating for Staten Island. But it's really Staten Island that's held the city back for the past 20 years.

Kind of like how Grants Lick is holding Campbell County back.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #474 on: November 06, 2013, 12:58:21 AM »

Lief will be happy to learn that the AP has projected NY Referendum 5 - the land swap for mining in the Adirondacks - has passed.  The 53%-47% margin is holding.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies