The OFFICIAL 2013 Election Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:40:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The OFFICIAL 2013 Election Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2013 Election Results Thread  (Read 47490 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »

Terry McAuliffe is a joke piece of trash. I'm so going to love his disastrous term as Governor.

Has Pretentious Public Polling put out a statement about how horribly wrong they were?

Yes, they are working on a joint statement with Barfbag to cover all angles of wrongness regarding the election predictions here.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 12:04:42 AM »

The prince William precincts will probably be the largest and the late reporting ones will all be in the more "urban" areas so they will be a big boost to the D depending how many.  The others will all probably go R except maybe Norfolk depending where it is.

For the two precincts that appear to be outstanding in Norfolk: Suburban Park is upper middle class, I'd guess lean Democrat.  Coleman Place is majority black,  probably at least 2/3 Democrat.

then the D is going to gain a significant amount more votes than the R will.  I also thought I saw that part of Newport News was outstanding.  Those will also go D if that's the case.  I think the D can gain 1000 votes in those precincts + PW.  Will probably come down to the R precincts elsewhere.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 12:09:58 AM »

Speaking of not getting the girl, where is Barfbag, did he just not show up for Prom tonight?
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 12:13:36 AM »

Speaking of not getting the girl, where is Barfbag, did he just not show up for Prom tonight?

I think he's recovering from the losses.

He had to know this was coming... I mean every single poll showed McAuliffe up. 
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 12:17:08 AM »

The prince William precincts will probably be the largest and the late reporting ones will all be in the more "urban" areas so they will be a big boost to the D depending how many.  The others will all probably go R except maybe Norfolk depending where it is.

For the two precincts that appear to be outstanding in Norfolk: Suburban Park is upper middle class, I'd guess lean Democrat.  Coleman Place is majority black,  probably at least 2/3 Democrat.

then the D is going to gain a significant amount more votes than the R will.  I also thought I saw that part of Newport News was outstanding.  Those will also go D if that's the case.  I think the D can gain 1000 votes in those precincts + PW.  Will probably come down to the R precincts elsewhere.

No, I think NN is all in now.  VPAP has precinct maps btw: www.vpap.org/elections/live_results/nov_2013?race=attgen

In any case, considering the provisional and absentee ballots and a likely recount, we may not know the winner of the AG race this month.

That link is pretty cool, thanks.  I think NN still has absentee ballots left, a lot of other counties have factored them in already, looks like Fairfax has already.  This is definitely going to a recount, but I think if they count the absentee votes tonight the D will actually take the lead prior to the recount.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 12:19:34 AM »

Damn, Virginia's AG race is really close. When do y'all think it will finally be called?

I think it's not gonna get called anytime soon and will go into a long drawn out recount.  Unless we don't know about thousands of absentee votes, etc.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »

I just looked at that Norfolk map, the democrat will net about 1000 votes out of Norfolk.  This election is going to be dead even probably.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 12:49:44 AM »

I have no direct evidence of this, but I have to think Virginia was severely gerrymandered as well...

I get that the democratic vote is more concentrated... however, when almost all the Republicans win by 4-8 point margins and almost all the democrats win by 50 point margins, you know whassup.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 12:53:19 AM »

De Blasio is winning NYC 73%-24%.  But Lhota is winning Staten Island 54%-44% with 97% in.

there are cornfields in State Island.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies