Santorum for governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:03:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Santorum for governor?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Santorum for governor?  (Read 6436 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 10:24:35 PM »

Are you kidding....his dissapproval ratings are hovering around or just below 40 and his approval ratings are above 50....in a state that is so close politically, that is pretty much a lock for re-election.

So Santorum is a lock for re-election?  He has better numbers than Rendel does.  So...

Nope, he has a much stronger challenger in Casey.

You were one that was saying Hafer could beat Santorum.

What does that have to do with anything?

Santorum - better numbers than Rendell yet he could be beat by someone like Hafer?
danwxman

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 10:27:24 PM »

Are you kidding....his dissapproval ratings are hovering around or just below 40 and his approval ratings are above 50....in a state that is so close politically, that is pretty much a lock for re-election.

So Santorum is a lock for re-election?  He has better numbers than Rendel does.  So...

Santorum - better numbers than Rendell yet he could be beat by someone like Hafer?

Santorum and Rendell are statistically tied....and obviously Santorum is 200% more vulnerable then Rendell. So, yea.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 10:30:45 PM »

Santorum and Rendell are statistically tied....and obviously Santorum is 200% more vulnerable then Rendell. So, yea.

How is he more vulnerable? Is your hatred for the guy that strong that you can't see that he would have beaten any Democrat besides Casey? And they aren't statistically tied.
danwxman

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005, 10:39:58 PM »

How is he more vulnerable? Is your hatred for the guy that strong that you can't see that he would have beaten any Democrat besides Casey? And they aren't statistically tied.

I don't hate Santorum at all. Like I said, Santorum is just more vulnerable then Rendell. You could ask every single political observer and they would tell you the same thing. You don't watch PCN enough.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2005, 10:43:59 PM »

I don't hate Santorum at all. Like I said, Santorum is just more vulnerable then Rendell. You could ask every single political observer and they would tell you the same thing. You don't watch PCN enough.

Yes because the political observers are always right. Roll Eyes

I could sit down and watch PCN and for whatever reason, they'll ignore Rendell's approval/disapproval numbers. Why? Why won't you guys look at that? Get out of your dream world. The polls prove Rendell has a lower approval rating. The polls prove he has higher disapproval ratings. Get over it.
danwxman

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2005, 11:11:10 PM »

I could sit down and watch PCN and for whatever reason, they'll ignore Rendell's approval/disapproval numbers. Why? Why won't you guys look at that? Get out of your dream world. The polls prove Rendell has a lower approval rating. The polls prove he has higher disapproval ratings. Get over it.

No, but they know a helluva lot more then you. They've seen the same polls you have, and they agree with me. Get over it.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2005, 11:24:11 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2005, 09:45:43 PM by Dave Leip »

Wow, Keystone you now have another PA buddy on here besides me! Smiley  You just keep making friends do you?  His popularity is due to his position in the Senate.  PA loves the establishment for some reason.  They don't agree with him on Social Security or his wanton destruction of labor by favoring of big business. 

He got VERY lucky in 1994 and 2000.  Because the national GOP sees his staunch conservative views coupled with his standing as a Senator in PA, the party will give him whatever he wants.  People need to get this "bring home the bacon" concept out of their heads and vote for what really is in their best interests.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2005, 03:42:57 PM »

No, but they know a helluva lot more then you. They've seen the same polls you have, and they agree with me. Get over it.

They agree with you. Awesome. Tell me, will Pennsylvanians agree? Will Rendell break 60%? If you believe this, you're a fool.
danwxman

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2005, 02:58:12 AM »

They agree with you. Awesome. Tell me, will Pennsylvanians agree? Will Rendell break 60%? If you believe this, you're a fool.

lol...so you lose an argument then try to create another out of thin air. Not gonna take the bait.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2005, 10:11:27 AM »

I don't think he will try it.  The field already has three major GOP candidates.

Lynn Swann For PA Governor!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lol...so you lose an argument then try to create another out of thin air. Not gonna take the bait.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

You won't admit that he's not the popular guy you make him out to be.

Unless he's running against Piccola or Scranton, Rendell couldn't win by more than 4 or 5 points. Remember that.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies