Which drug do you have a more positive opinion of? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:51:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which drug do you have a more positive opinion of? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which drug do you have a more positive opinion of?
Marijuana

Tobacco

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Which drug do you have a more positive opinion of?  (Read 3605 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: November 02, 2013, 09:50:14 PM »

Marijuana, easily.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 09:58:47 PM »

But you know, pots somehow cool. It only alters your mind. I know a guy who I once went to school with who was smoking pot and ran over somebody. But that's not that big of a deal, I guess Roll Eyes.

Let's ban alcohol then.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »

But you know, pots somehow cool. It only alters your mind. I know a guy who I once went to school with who was smoking pot and ran over somebody. But that's not that big of a deal, I guess Roll Eyes.

Let's ban alcohol then.
How about legalize everything?

Including smothering libertarians with pillows?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 10:19:48 PM »

Let's ban alcohol then.
How about legalize everything?

Including smothering libertarians with pillows?
Stay classy. I can't believe I have had to post that twice in one night here, but some of you are on a roll.

Oh how terrible; we must stem this crisis in decency. Hard drugs are criminalised for a reason: they're a blight on those that come into contact with him, and their families. I realise, you Randroid social Darwinians couldn't care less about them - as long as it doesn't affect your liberty, but thankfully you're in a very small minority of unfeeling sociopaths.  
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 11:02:20 PM »

Now now, "Randroid social Darwinians"? No need to be a Snowstalker on this. Wink

Well the Randroid inclusion should've been a clue I was attacking their specific motivations, not all opposed to hard drug criminalisation! Tongue

The criminalisation of hard drugs still allows all the social problems that legalisation could potentially lead to (probably more so, actually) while also adding in a level of violent crime for a whole extra level of fun social carnage. The "unfeeling sociopath" position is to continue making these substances illegal and thus encouraging and sustaining the organised crime that goes hand in hand with the provision thereof.

All presuming that the availability of hard drugs thanks to legalisation won't lead to more users, and worsen the problem. I don't think modern society goes anywhere near enough in trying to tackle this problem (more like sweeping it under the carpet), so I'm not sure current methods have been exhausted. I'd support drugs clinics and the legalisation of popular soft drugs like marijuana, which would eliminate much of the organised drug trafficking's funding, their contact with casuals and as a result helping to weaken them substantially.  

As regards the "blight" I should note that it is of course also entirely possible to be a fully functioning drug addict and member of society in many cases - I might except something like meth, but there's a lot more heroin addicts than you realise because not all of them are tracksuit-wearing degenerates like people tend to be believe.

I'm not sure many in the grips of addiction would be thankful of it, however well they're coping with its effects/escaping vagrancy - nor their families. But surely you've conceded its destructive effects above?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies