Which drug do you have a more positive opinion of?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:19:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which drug do you have a more positive opinion of?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which drug do you have a more positive opinion of?
Marijuana

Tobacco

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Which drug do you have a more positive opinion of?  (Read 3572 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »

Marijuana obviously. It actually has a purpose and is basically harmless, unlike tobacco, which is disgusting, harmful and absolutely useless.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »

I approve of both, though I am not a huge fan of marijuana.

BRTD, please, please tell me that you are not one of those people who thinks marijuana should be legal but tobacco shouldn't be.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 09:50:14 PM »

Marijuana, easily.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 09:52:51 PM »

BRTD, please, please tell me that you are not one of those people who thinks marijuana should be legal but tobacco shouldn't be.

I'll settle for just sky high taxes, really graphic warnings, not allowing packaging besides the really plain and generic ones that are now the only legal tobacco packaging in Australia, and basically banning all marketing.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:56:17 PM »

I'll settle for just sky high taxes, really graphic warnings, not allowing packaging besides the really plain and generic ones that are now the only legal tobacco packaging in Australia, and basically banning all marketing.
But you know, pots somehow cool. It only alters your mind. I know a guy who I once went to school with who was smoking pot and ran over somebody. But that's not that big of a deal, I guess Roll Eyes.

Will you put pictures of car wrecks on the marijuana package covering (assuming we are in a situation where it is legal)? Would you ban it's advertisement? Would you have sky high taxes on pot?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 09:58:47 PM »

But you know, pots somehow cool. It only alters your mind. I know a guy who I once went to school with who was smoking pot and ran over somebody. But that's not that big of a deal, I guess Roll Eyes.

Let's ban alcohol then.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »

Let's ban alcohol then.
How about legalize everything?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »

Let's ban alcohol then.

Including smothering libertarians with pillows?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 10:04:12 PM »

I'd have to say marijuana because the health effects aren't nearly as bad as with tobacco, but I support keeping/making them both legal, and would advise against using either of them.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »

Marijuana is fun. Alcohol is fun. They have uses. Tobacco doesn't. It's just disgusting sh!t that doesn't benefit anyone and serves no purpose at all.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 10:08:03 PM »

Marijuana obviously. It actually has a purpose and is basically harmless, unlike tobacco, which is disgusting, harmful and absolutely useless.

Marijuana isn't basically "harmless" but other than that I agree with this.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 10:09:54 PM »

They're both bad in general.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 10:10:58 PM »

They're both in the "bad things that shouldn't be banned" category.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 10:12:47 PM »

Agreed. I have a very negative opinion of both, but I hardly care if other people want to use them.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2013, 10:12:54 PM »

Meh, you look awesome smoking either one of them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2013, 10:14:47 PM »

Let's ban alcohol then.

Stay classy. I can't believe I have had to post that twice in one night here, but some of you are on a roll.

Marijuana is fun. Alcohol is fun. They have uses. Tobacco doesn't. It's just disgusting sh!t that doesn't benefit anyone and serves no purpose at all.
Why do you keep making these stupid polls? Don't you ever get tired of the whole forum telling you that you have the logic of a child?
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2013, 10:18:24 PM »

Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 10:19:48 PM »

Let's ban alcohol then.

Stay classy. I can't believe I have had to post that twice in one night here, but some of you are on a roll.

Oh how terrible; we must stem this crisis in decency. Hard drugs are criminalised for a reason: they're a blight on those that come into contact with him, and their families. I realise, you Randroid social Darwinians couldn't care less about them - as long as it doesn't affect your liberty, but thankfully you're in a very small minority of unfeeling sociopaths.  
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 10:27:41 PM »

Let's ban alcohol then.

Oh how terrible; we must stem this crisis in decency. Hard drugs are criminalised for a reason: they're a blight on those that come into contact with him, and their families. I realise, you Randroid social Darwinians couldn't care less about them - as long as it doesn't affect your liberty, but thankfully you're in a very small minority of unfeeling sociopaths. 

Now now, "Randroid social Darwinians"? No need to be a Snowstalker on this. Wink

The criminalisation of hard drugs still allows all the social problems that legalisation could potentially lead to (probably more so, actually) while also adding in a level of violent crime for a whole extra level of fun social carnage. The "unfeeling sociopath" position is to continue making these substances illegal and thus encouraging and sustaining the organised crime that goes hand in hand with the provision thereof.

As regards the "blight" I should note that it is of course also entirely possible to be a fully functioning drug addict and member of society in many cases - I might except something like meth, but there's a lot more heroin addicts than you realise because not all of them are tracksuit-wearing degenerates like people tend to be believe.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 10:58:07 PM »

Obviously someone thought it had a use or they never would have started smoking it.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 11:02:20 PM »

Now now, "Randroid social Darwinians"? No need to be a Snowstalker on this. Wink

Well the Randroid inclusion should've been a clue I was attacking their specific motivations, not all opposed to hard drug criminalisation! Tongue

The criminalisation of hard drugs still allows all the social problems that legalisation could potentially lead to (probably more so, actually) while also adding in a level of violent crime for a whole extra level of fun social carnage. The "unfeeling sociopath" position is to continue making these substances illegal and thus encouraging and sustaining the organised crime that goes hand in hand with the provision thereof.

All presuming that the availability of hard drugs thanks to legalisation won't lead to more users, and worsen the problem. I don't think modern society goes anywhere near enough in trying to tackle this problem (more like sweeping it under the carpet), so I'm not sure current methods have been exhausted. I'd support drugs clinics and the legalisation of popular soft drugs like marijuana, which would eliminate much of the organised drug trafficking's funding, their contact with casuals and as a result helping to weaken them substantially.  

As regards the "blight" I should note that it is of course also entirely possible to be a fully functioning drug addict and member of society in many cases - I might except something like meth, but there's a lot more heroin addicts than you realise because not all of them are tracksuit-wearing degenerates like people tend to be believe.

I'm not sure many in the grips of addiction would be thankful of it, however well they're coping with its effects/escaping vagrancy - nor their families. But surely you've conceded its destructive effects above?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 11:27:02 PM »

Marijuana isn't basically "harmless" but other than that I agree with this.

What negative effects does it have besides making people eat lots of unhealthy junk food?
Darth Plagueis
Kazakhstan

Political Matrix
E: 5.65, S: 1.45

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »

Smoke both daily. However, gona say Tobacco since its easier to just buy a pack of cigaretes right away. With weed 1-2 blunts cost 10-15$.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 12:02:37 AM »

Is second-hand marijuana smoke harmful in anyway?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies