Who is most likely to win the 2016 GOP presidential nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:27:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who is most likely to win the 2016 GOP presidential nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is most likely to win the 2016 GOP presidential nomination?
Bolton

Bush

Carson

Christie

Cruz

Huntsman

Jindal

Kasich

Peter King

Paul

Perry

Rubio

Ryan

Santorum

Walker

NOTA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Who is most likely to win the 2016 GOP presidential nomination?  (Read 3300 times)
Bull Moose Base

« on: November 02, 2013, 02:08:35 PM »
« edited: November 03, 2013, 11:39:57 AM by A dog on every car, a car in every elevator »

I'd keep my answer the same as a few months ago. Christie is the most likely nominee but also unlikely to be the nominee. Maybe his chances are 1 in 5? He seems one of the more likely people to run, would have a ton of Wall St money and the Karl Rove machine behind him. He also has looks good in an early state in NH but still weaker than the CW of this board. He's not a lock to win NH by any stretch, just a good bet to be strong there, more like McCain/Romney/Giuliani 2008 than Romney 2012 (who would consistently poll high 30s or 40s vs. Christie's 20).

But, not unlike 2012, there is a high likelihood of the nominee being someone who 3 years out looks unlikely or not even all that likely to run right now, whether it's someone like Ryan or Bush or even quieter like Pence. The field in 2016 will probably not be filled with as bad candidates as 2012 was.

People are wrong to assume it's a sure thing Cruz runs. I think it's much more likely he skips the race than most folks realize.

Walker is 50/50 to lose re-election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies